X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just had a short expose' (sp?) on darrent on fox news channel @ 1am est. they interviewed darrents cousins and a woman from the denver post but they mentioned no new information.

Comment

• I just woke up heavy hearted.

I am so heartsick.
      MMA News
      MMA News 247

Comment

• I was wondering if the Brandon Flowers that was shot was the same Brandon Flowers that plays for the Hokies? There are probably lots of Brandon Flowers but he is a CB too and it just seemed weird...
        Brandon Flowers

Comment

• Originally posted by john_m_92627
          I was wondering if the Brandon Flowers that was shot was the same Brandon Flowers that plays for the Hokies? There are probably lots of Brandon Flowers but he is a CB too and it just seemed weird...
          Brandon Flowers
          Its really hard to say. It is a popular name I think. The lead singer of the band "The Killers" also shares that name. Yours is a better fit being related to football and being a CB but you really never know. Also I think if it were the rock band guy, it would also be big news.
          Broncos for life!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by john_m_92627
            I was wondering if the Brandon Flowers that was shot was the same Brandon Flowers that plays for the Hokies? There are probably lots of Brandon Flowers but he is a CB too and it just seemed weird...
            Brandon Flowers
            Not the same one.

It has been known that this Brandon Flowers went to high school with Darrent in F.W. TX

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
            RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
            Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
            -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
              Not the same one.

It has been known that this Brandon Flowers went to high school with Darrent in F.W. TX
              Thanks for that....

Comment

• I am not sure if this has been "officially" reported at this point...but the newspapers and local media are just reporting some really vague information. THey aren't getting much at all to report and to me its boring....

SO, I turned to 600am KHOW and the host has sources that gave him some information on the events leading up to the shooting.

Here is what his sources have told him....( now I don't want to speculate, but this is his words and sources not mine talking )

THere was a confrontation in front of the night club. Williams and his entourage got in the limo and left. They made a right on 9th and stopped and picked up three women to give them a ride. This says that they had NO IDEA of what was coming at them. If they knew someone was going to follow them they would have high tailed it out of there.

So they stop, pick up 3 women and continue on their way to another party. Make they then turn onto Speer, the white SUV pulls up to them with the windows down...TWO shooters....he said ....TWO shooters one driver possibly one other person in the car and they start shooting.

Reports are, are that they were not shooting at Williams, but the entourage.

He then went on to say that the shooter/s then left the scene.

A source tells him that they then made their way towards Las Vegas to get to L.A. because they are known Crips and will be hidden in L.A. by the Crip community and hard to be found. This info would not be given to the media at this point to report because of the investigation and joint effort possibly being made with L.A. sources and PD.

That said, if the source/s are correct, this is even more tragic. The fact that the limo stopped after they left the Club means they were in no hurry to get out of the area and thought they were just going to make their way over to the other club and continue on with their evening.

Also, the fact that if this was gang related and the suspect/s are now in L.A. hidden in the Crip community it will make it very hard to catch them. It can be done, but no-one is going to turn them in. It would be more likely for the "rival" gang to get them then the cops.

Like I said, none of this is "official" but its a little bit more info then the news and papers have got. Keep in mind, most of these sources are Denver PD.
                Last edited by watchthemiddle; 01-03-2007, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• A source tells him that they then made their way towards Las Vegas to get to L.A. because they are known Crips and will be hidden in L.A. by the Crip community and hard to be found. This info would not be given to the media at this point to report because of the investigation and joint effort possibly being made with L.A. sources and PD.

I copied this from the above article.

If this is true, it says "and joint effort possibly being made with L.A. sources and PD".

Again, if this is true, there should NOT be joint effort possibly being made, but it should be joint effort DEFINITELY being made.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Native
                    A source tells him that they then made their way towards Las Vegas to get to L.A. because they are known Crips and will be hidden in L.A. by the Crip community and hard to be found. This info would not be given to the media at this point to report because of the investigation and joint effort possibly being made with L.A. sources and PD.

I copied this from the above article.

If this is true, it says "and joint effort possibly being made with L.A. sources and PD".

Again, if this is true, there should NOT be joint effort possibly being made, but it should be joint effort DEFINITELY being made.

Thats true Native...thanks for pointing that out.

ALso, Mark Moser on 950thefan says they now might have a make and year on the vehicle and a possible name of a suspect but so far have been unable to locate him.

I think we will slowly see more and more of this news come out. I was hoping as much news about the vehicle would come out early so EVERYONE could be on the lookout for the vehicle but it hasn't.

Usually they sent out "BOLO's" ( Be on the Lookout OUt ) bulletins to Law Enforcement agencies but we have not received anything at work yet.

Denver has a problem doing this. They tend to hold information for as long as possible until the have to release it because they want all the glory for the "catch" if you will.

Not saying they had the information early, but if they did and didn't release it to local PD agencies and statewide agencies to help prevent the SUV from getting out of the city then that makes me angry.

Again, not saying this is what happened, but its just my experience with the way DPD works.

Comment

• I was reading in the RMN that the reward for info is $2,000. I assumed the reward would be much much higher.

Comment

• News Updates 1-3-07

thanks for the post.........
                        i hear ya......Denver learned alot from JonBenet and then Columbine. Messing with crime scenes and information that goes out about said crime.

have they hooked the vehicle to the suspect name?

Everyone must have an eye out for the infamous white SUV. They will get the vehicle before the shooter.

Public tip line open? Does anyone know? Every person in Colorado becomes a Bronco fan in this regard.

I don't know. IMHO, I do not think they made it to any state line & crossed over. I believe they know they are in a world of *@$^*#%^_. If anything, the shooters are relying on "connections" to hide them and/or get them out of the state if that is even possible at this time.

I have to ask...does seem as though it is "gang related"? Any word on that officially?

thanks.
                        B

Comment

• Great info!!!

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                          I am not sure if this has been "officially" reported at this point...but the newspapers and local media are just reporting some really vague information. THey aren't getting much at all to report and to me its boring....

SO, I turned to 600am KHOW and the host has sources that gave him some information on the events leading up to the shooting.

Here is what his sources have told him....( now I don't want to speculate, but this is his words and sources not mine talking )

THere was a confrontation in front of the night club. Williams and his entourage got in the limo and left. They made a right on 9th and stopped and picked up three women to give them a ride. This says that they had NO IDEA of what was coming at them. If they knew someone was going to follow them they would have high tailed it out of there.

So they stop, pick up 3 women and continue on their way to another party. Make they then turn onto Speer, the white SUV pulls up to them with the windows down...TWO shooters....he said ....TWO shooters one driver possibly one other person in the car and they start shooting.

Reports are, are that they were not shooting at Williams, but the entourage.

He then went on to say that the shooter/s then left the scene.

That said, if the source/s are correct, this is even more tragic. The fact that the limo stopped after they left the Club means they were in no hurry to get out of the area and thought they were just going to make their way over to the other club and continue on with their evening.

Also, the fact that if this was gang related and the suspect/s are now in L.A. hidden in the Crip community it will make it very hard to catch them. It can be done, but no-one is going to turn them in. It would be more likely for the "rival" gang to get them then the cops.

Like I said, none of this is "official" but its a little bit more info then the news and papers have got. Keep in mind, most of these sources are Denver PD.
                          All of this is still more than likely speculation - never the less - great find!!

CP to you
                          I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

• The LA Connection

criminey sakes.........

thanks for the post.......There is a thread up about 9NEWS with the suspect name linked to the vehicle. But questions still abound.

B

Comment

• I hope they catch them and catch them soon.

Comment

• The following is from an article on mycoloradofox.com

This DEFINITELY needs to get out:

Police were searching for a white Suburban or Tahoe with dark-tinted windows. The license plate number is 665-OBS. Witnesses told police from the beginning that the shooter may have been riding in a white SUV.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Working...
                                X