This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champbronc2
    Yeah and I doubt the police will say much until it is 100% resolved.
    They are going to protect every inch of this investigation so they can get convictions.

Comment

• Latest Story

By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
      January 19, 2007

A parole violation hearing scheduled today for the lone man in custody in connection with the Darrent Williams slaying investigation has been postponed for two weeks.

Willie D. Clark, 23, was to have appeared before the state parole board to answer an allegation that he was not living at his grandmother's southeast Denver home, as he had pledged to do upon being paroled July 18 from the Department of Corrections.

The hearing is now rescheduled for Feb. 2.

"We will continue our parole hold on this offender for the purpose of further investigation of parole violations,"
      said Tim Hand, assistant director of parole for the state Department of Corrections.

Clark was arrested Jan. 5 on the alleged parole violation, but has also been named a person of interest in the Williams case. Williams, the popular 24-year-old cornerback for the Denver Broncos, was shot and killed New Year's Day morning while he and a group of friends were riding away from a Denver nightclub in a rented stretch Hummer.

No arrests have been made in the Williams probe.

Hand said the postponement, during which Clark can not be freed on bond, was not for the purpose of buying more time for Williams case investigators to build their case against the athlete's killer or killers.

"Denver P.D. did not request a continuance," said Hand. "It was our parole officers who did that."

As for the status of the Williams case, Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said, "We're continuing moving forward. That's pretty much about it."

Clark's attorney, Michael Andre, continues to decline comment on whether his client is cooperating with Williams case detectives on any level.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

• Denver Native no offense to you and Thank You for this post but....

It all sounds like smoke and mirrors.

Alleged Parole Violations? What the heck is that?
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Yea theres nothing alleged about it, he was living at an address other than he gave the police station.

Thats not alleged thats 100% proof dammit.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
          -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBlue
            Yea theres nothing alleged about it, he was living at an address other than he gave the police station.

Thats not alleged thats 100% proof dammit.
            I understand what you are saying but does that put him at the scene of the crime?
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
              Denver Native no offense to you and Thank You for this post but....

It all sounds like smoke and mirrors.

Alleged Parole Violations? What the heck is that?
              All media, whether in print, or verbal, now uses the term alleged. I would assume the reason for it is that someone cannot come down on them for accusing them.
              Guess it is "innocent until proven guilty".
              Last edited by Denver Native; 01-20-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Grand Jury seated?

You guys are slowing down! lol I'm suprised this wasnt already posted in this thread.

Anyway, here's and article from the NEW Rocky Mt News today about a grand jury in the Darrent case;

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...298690,00.html

Comment

• Originally posted by JWinn
                  You guys are slowing down! lol I'm suprised this wasnt already posted in this thread.

Anyway, here's and article from the NEW Rocky Mt News today about a grand jury in the Darrent case;

Good find. If it takes a grand jury to solve this case, then let's get it on!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Native
                    Good find. If it takes a grand jury to solve this case, then let's get it on!!!!!
                    I agree! I'd of course like to see this one wrapped up ASAP.

However, I expect this to be no different than any other case really. Sometimes they drag on for years..........

Comment

I agree! I'd of course like to see this one wrapped up ASAP.

However, I expect this to be no different than any other case really. Sometimes they drag on for years..........
                      Also, somewhere I read that they are also trying to connect the suspects with other cases as well.

Comment

Thanks, JWinn!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                          I understand what you are saying but does that put him at the scene of the crime?
                          I never said anything about the scene of the crime, I was referring to the "alleged" parole violations.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                          -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• With every passing day the DPD is either getting closer to, or further away from solving this crime. There are people who know what went down on New Years Night that will never come forward for fear of their lives. I can only hope that the investigation finds a person close enough to the perpetrators yet with enough animosity to willfully testify in exchange for the reward money, relocation and placement in a witness protection program.

It’s not like gang bangers that are associated with dealing drugs have never seen $110,000, they have, and are quit aware that you can’t even purchase a decent home for that amount; I mean you’re talking about a life changing, if not life ending event here if such a person were willing to come forward.

In my opinion the current amount of reward money is not nearly enough; it needs to be more in the range of $250,000. I hope that the Broncos are willing to dig a little deeper into their pockets to raise this type of capital. One person in that position, with that kind of courage is what it will take to bring the shooter(s) to justice. If in fact the DPD investigation is getting colder with each passing day?

Comment

• I said "No news is good news!", but I take that back now.

Not knowing what is happening in the investigation is killing me. I am becoming scared that the people will never be caught.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThunderGirl
                                I said "No news is good news!", but I take that back now.

Not knowing what is happening in the investigation is killing me. I am becoming scared that the people will never be caught.
                                I myself am hoping that it goes to a Grand Jury investigation, as JWinn posted earlier that it could.

Comment

Working...
                                X