Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know a lot of you are mad at some of the websites....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know a lot of you are mad at some of the websites....

But this just takes the cake with me. Is this really the NFL's official statement on Darrent?

"It is a terrible tragedy."

Greg Aiello, NFL spokesman

That's it. Nothing else. Way to honor one of your players NFL. What is the matter with the league. They are handling this terribly.

Thanks for making a statement Goodell.

that right there is bs, what a way to treat one of your nfl players, espically some one like darrent
    sigpic

Comment

I think if he was more of a high profile player. It would be covered 24/7

Comment

Yea it is bs, i was suprised it wasn't more talked about

R.I.P Darrent Williams

R.I.P Damien Nash

Comment

A man died. A lack of reaction/attention by the media, the NFL or anyone else doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
          "This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
          "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

Comment

If peyton manning would die right now, and dear god i hope he doesn't. Than he would be on the front page of every website dealing with sports, why? because he is famous. To us(bronco fans) we know everyone of our players, and well, ppl outside the team might not know as much. Other teams, i thank you, for the condolence u gave to us fans, and darrent williams. But the NFL would go crazy if manning were to die, not so much to a right cornerback....

Salute to you DW
            Sig removed due to size restrictions

Please, Can anyone get through Champ Bailey?

Comment

I'm so pissed off, its not even funny. **** the NFL, if Brett Favre got a bad hair cut they would have been all over it, but a Bronco death and nothing, ***!!!! I'll say it again, **** the NFL and others that have taken this lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by dbjeff
                A man died. A lack of reaction/attention by the media, the NFL or anyone else doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
                I know it really doesn't matter. It's just so frustrating. I can't believe the league's front office is reacting to this in the way that it is. It's terrible and cold hearted.

Comment

I think it is disrespectful to his memory. Yesterday I was angry because the sports ticker kept showing 2 coaches getting fired and then as an after thought listed Darrent as being murdered. After about 4 hrs of this someone pulled their head out of their ass an ran the Darrent news first.
                  Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

I think they haven't made much of a statement, because they don't want to look like idiots. They don't know him, they just employee him. The people that need to step up is, the Player's Union. Unless, everyone is classifying the Union and the NFL as one, then I agree. However, I am not trying to side with them, but they really need to know the facts first. It would tick me off if they made a statement with the wrong information. And I think they want to cover their own butts, and wait until everything is rapped up. Which once again, is the NFL worrying about themselves first, disgusting.
                    Last edited by WI Fan; 01-02-2007, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaught
                      I think it is disrespectful to his memory. Yesterday I was angry because the sports ticker kept showing 2 coaches getting fired and then as an after thought listed Darrent as being murdered. After about 4 hrs of this someone pulled their head out of their ass an ran the Darrent news first.
                      I really think it was ridiculous how little attention this story received from the NFL and the four letter network.

The story of this tragedy received the top hits on nearly every news and sports web site across the country.

I think the NFL not talking about it much has less to do with Darrent's popularity and more to do with the fact that it was a drive-by and a potential embarrasment to the league.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

over here in England the BBC created a better news article than the NFL for crying out loud...

Comment

it really is a shame the lack of interest the league is showing. Hell when Foley was shot earlier this year, I heard about it for 20 mins every hour and they guy didn't even die.

Here you have a young man who really was a great guy and I have to wait for my evening news to get 5 mins

Comment

This is so very Disrespectful....... Especially to The Memories he gave us and the entire NFL. Every team in the League knows what Darrent was like and held him in just as high regards as all of us. But Apparently the LEague officials didn't!
                            I say we conduct our own investigation......We could get it done in half the time of the feds man!

R.I.P. D-Will
                            "Heroes live and die...........but Legends stay Eternal"
                            --Babe Ruth--

Comment

Speechless. Almost completely ignore it.
                              MMA News
                              MMA News 247

Comment

Working...
                              X