Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi everyone, I'm a Denver Broncos fan of 21 years from England and .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, I'm a Denver Broncos fan of 21 years from England and .....

I have to say when I logged onto the Broncos web site to hear the press conferences of the play offs, I could not believe what I was watching. This totally puts everything into prospective. This seems like a senseless murder and can only hope that this wasn't a disgruntled fan as this would be too hard to take.

Sadly gun crime has torn apart communities for years but it seems that even the biggest stars are in danger of senseless gun crime. DW and Proofs murders are a horrible testiment to this

I wished I was registering under better circumstances and look forward to speaking to you all but for now deepest condolancies to DW's family and the Broncos family. May he rest in peace. Also condolancies to you all on President Fords passing. I have been watching the funeral on Fox news in England whilst trying to get up to speed with whats been happening with Darrent.

Thanks English. It's a pretty tough time here. I would like to think that Darrent's family and friends are reading the boards and appreciate the thoughts.
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and post your thoughts. This helps me feel better, I feel like we are sticking together.

Comment

Darrent RIP

Guys

Despite being thousands of miles away the disappointment of Sunday night paled into insignificance with what happened new years day morning. I was still pretty miserable about the OT loss but Darrents killing has made me feel numb. September to January (and February some years) I stay up to the early hours of Monday morning UK time watching Denver year in year out so this hurts as much over here.

Hope you guys are supporting each other over there

Comment

Fortunately, "Support each other" is an understatement.

Denver fans are truely coming together and coping over this tragic event, and I don't think any other team fanbase would be quite as solid.
          R.I.P. Darrent Williams, Damian Nash, Kenny McKinley

Comment

Originally posted by English Elway
            ...the disappointment of Sunday night paled into insignificance with what happened new years day morning.
            Truer words have NEVER been spoken.
            I was still pretty miserable about the OT loss but Darrents killing has made me feel numb. September to January (and February some years) I stay up to the early hours of Monday morning UK time watching Denver year in year out so this hurts as much over here.

Hope you guys are supporting each other over there
            I know what you mean. I used to live in Germany. Those late games are tough. I have no doubt that Darrent is looking down smiling at all of the lives he's touched on both sides of the pond. There has been a tremendous outpouring of support, not just between us Bronco fans, but from fans of other teams as well. Heated rivalries have taken a backseat as we all come together to mourn the loss of this young man.

It feels like we're all giving each other a big supportive hug over the computer. Our "arms" have to reach a little further to get to you, but welcome to the circle.
            "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

Coach Shanahan

Afternoon all in Denver, I hope you are all as well as can be expected and are using the Bronco family to support each other.
              In England it is very difficult to get NFL news so have been trying to catch Fox News for updates on the DW case.
              Tonight I saw the interview with Coach Shanahan and I have to say that I was nearly in tears, if theres a guy hurting right now its Coach. We all take coach's as hard arses and they have to be by the very ruthless nature of the NFL but I hope someone is putting their arm round Coach Shanahan because you can tell he loved that kid in a big way. I've never seen Coach Shanahan or many other team managers etc. reacting in a way that I saw to tonight.
              Shanahan holds a love/hate relationship with some Broncos fans I know, and I also know I live 6000 miles away and sadly can't live and breathe Broncos everyday as I love this team, but for the record I personally think Shanahan has been great for the Broncos and will be next season. He is currently trying to rebuild an aging team of Wilson, Walls, Lynch, Smith, Sharpe as was etc. When you're as successful as we have been (despite not reaching our final potential most noteably last season) you don't get the top picks but Shanahan finds a way, trading Portis or Bailey for instance. I know this is a DWill thread and may god bring justice in this case but someone please bear coach shanahan and all the team in mind and in your prayers as when the dust settles they will get it right next season and it will be with DW watching over them
              #27 forever

Comment

Coach Shanny

thank you for checking in.....

yeah, Coach Shanny. I always wanted to play football for the coach.

So you were able to view the press conference of yesterday. I only got audio. I would not have been able to watch it.

How did you get it? ESPN or BBC?

B

Comment

Originally posted by Babe
                  thank you for checking in.....

yeah, Coach Shanny. I always wanted to play football for the coach.

So you were able to view the press conference of yesterday. I only got audio. I would not have been able to watch it.

How did you get it? ESPN or BBC?

B
                  Boy,

Just reading all this and looking at the post from the English guy reminds me of 9/11. I remember that my parents (who live in Dallas around me) were up for the Monday nite game and that was the day Eddie Mc broke his leg. I went to bed that nite worried and praying for a speedy recovery. The next morning was the day that changed the USA. I know DWills death is not as big, but it sure makes you think about how easy a little thing like loosing a game or a hurt player can be put into perspective.

Comment

I'm also from England and stayed in New Year's Eve to watch the Broncos on a bad, blurry, little picture on the PC until 12.10am (my time when the match finished). It is fair to say that I was absolutely devastated at the time.

However, after finding out about Darrent on Monday night, the thought of the loss and pain from that just dissappeared and I have just been numb ever since. So what if we didn't make the playoffs, a young guy lost his life for no reason and his two little children will be brought up without their father.

A win or a loss on Sunday night would not have changed that very sad fact unfortunately.

RIP Darrent, you were taken far, far too soon
                    sigpic

Comment

A thank you,a request for a DWill update and a message to Babe Sadiepat1 & Mike 1709

Hi guys
                      Thanks for replying in, it is much appreciated. I hope you and your families are well.
                      I have been trying to get news on Fox News in England on the D-Will case and it hasn't been easy. I'd seen that they have found the alleged suspect car which in a horrible twist belongs to someone in jail. I only hope that the police can unravel this and that it doesn't turn into a nasty game of cat and mouse with this guy Hicks.
                      I like Sadiepat can remember 9/11 like it was yesterday and can remember exactly where I was and that will never go away. D-Wills tragic death will not for obvious reasons get the same attention but like 9/11 was senseless death of innocent people. However one thing I have noticed is that amongst Americans, the Broncos family and NFL fans around the world, viewing these boards has made my realise that whilst NFL is the vehicle we are drawn together in unison these tragic events has pulled together the NFL family in joint grief and genuine human kindness, on the thoughts that a great guy, a father to 2 children, a hero to all Broncos fans on a Sunday has enselessly been taken away for what? a spilt drink, a stupid arguement.
                      I think that what D-Wills tragedy has shown us is that we all for a moment get a reality check on what is important in life. Needless to say those most affected would have made sure they gave their loved ones an extra kiss goodbye or goodnight that day as they now appreciated for a moment that whilst the loss to San Fran made for a miserable sporting moment, life, family and health became more important again.
                      When the anger fades and justice is done and we still cherish fond memories, ourselves, the team, Coach Shanahan will be back out there fighting, wanting to make next season for D-will, we'll all be there bemoaning a bad day at the office, watching as our season unfolds and agian temporarily forgeting again what really matters.
                      Tonight I got my first personal mail, sounds nothing special but to me 6000 miles away it meant a lot. It showed me that the Broncos family doesn't just live in the Invesco fields staduim but it spans the world. Mike1709 lives only 8 miles from where I was born and in a town I used to work in. The fact that something I had said had made someone want to comment and welcome me to the family meant a lot to me.
                      What I'm trying to say is lets keep it this way, we'll still hate the Raiders next season but seriously lets not have to go through something like D-Wills tragedy to make us all appreciate whats important
                      God bless. When the time is right despite being 6000 miles away and having a dream of visiting invesco field one day to watch a game I'd like to be part of the Broncos family enjoying the chat and discussing all things Denver and of course never forgeting #27!

Comment

thanks english....it means so much to hear from you.

this is a mess.........<sigh>>>>>

B

Comment

the Website.

The Development is moving along nicely, we have run into a small hitch that should be resolved by tomorrow, just wanted to update everyone. Thanks to everyone who is still here and looking to help.

As a note (some of you may not believe) I am currently in SanDiego and one of my Clients is from RaiderNation(God Help Him) But he wanted to pass on his sincerest condolences to us all. He feels as we all do and just wanted me to pass that on.

Comment

Afternoon babe

Originally posted by Babe
                            thanks english....it means so much to hear from you.

this is a mess.........<sigh>>>>>

B
                            Hope things are well in your part of the world. Its very dark here (literally!)

You're sure right it is a mess and todays developments have made it no easier. A car which belongs to a gang member already in jail. I really hope for Darrent's family, the Broncos team, coach Shanahan that this can get cleared up sooner rather than later. Sureley there must be CCTV at the club or someone saw something. If what happened became such a big deal it ended up wasting someones life then surely someone knows something. I wonder how this will affect Javon. I can see him next season being a man on a mission like Plummer when his friend died in the war.

If you or anyone else on here needs to talk you know where I am

English E

Comment

Working...
                            X