X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I wish I could go I loved him

Comment

I'm going

I live in Dallas... about 40-minutes from this Church. I'm planning on going Sat. I just called the Church... services begin at 12 and services are open to the public. It's going to be hard not crying... I better bring my sun glasses!!!

Comment

dammn if i had money for the trip i would deff be there.

Comment

Channel 9 in Denver will carry the funeral live at 11:00 on "My 20", and also on their website.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
            Channel 9 in Denver will carry the funeral live at 11:00 on "My 20", and also on their website.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

The church is remarkably big, biggest around in the area, but try to get their in time guys.

Comment

Some Stuff I found

Funeral arrangements
                Darrent Williams' funeral is scheduled for noon Saturday in Fort Worth, Texas, where he grew up.

The funeral - open to the public - will be at Great Commission Baptist Church, 7700 McCart Ave., Fort Worth, phone 817-346-1869. The church holds about 2,300 people. Speakers at the funeral will include Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and coach Mike Shana han.

A private memorial service was planned for today at the Broncos' Arapahoe County headquarters. Another is scheduled for Friday in Fort Worth.

Contributions to benefit Williams' two children can be sent to the Darrent Williams Children's Fund, c/o Denver Broncos, 13655 Broncos Parkway, Englewood, CO 80112.

Messages of condolence can be e-mailed to [email protected]. Messages are also being left at Williams' MySpace site: myspace.com/deewill927.

Comment

Hey fellow fans. I live in Austin, and am driving up on Saturday to attend. I'll be alone and it would warm my heart to be able to attend this thing with someone. Anybody who would be willing to meet ahead of time, make fast friends and go do the thing?

PS I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I live and die with my Broncos, if your going just to say you went, don't get back at me. I'm looking for a genuine fan/brother to be humble, quiet, somber, and pay our respects together as fellow fans and Bronco family.

RIP Darrent.

We loved your smile
                  We loved your fire
                  We loved your skills

I started doing sigs. Anyone want one, just ask, I'm more than happy to help out.

Comment

Respects for Darrent

boxer...

just show up.
                    Bronco Nation has always shown outstanding comraderie.

Hey, you never know....
                    You may get lucky......

B

Comment

Originally posted by gboxerlove
                      Hey fellow fans. I live in Austin, and am driving up on Saturday to attend. I'll be alone and it would warm my heart to be able to attend this thing with someone. Anybody who would be willing to meet ahead of time, make fast friends and go do the thing?

PS I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I live and die with my Broncos, if your going just to say you went, don't get back at me. I'm looking for a genuine fan/brother to be humble, quiet, somber, and pay our respects together as fellow fans and Bronco family.

RIP Darrent.

We loved your smile
                      We loved your fire
                      We loved your skills
                      There is another thread on this forum somewhere where people in Texas were talking about going. Try to find that thread and pm them. Some of them were talking about wearing orange and blue ribbons so they could recognize each other.

Comment

yeah ...it's sadie...look for a penname of sadiepa or something like that....

i think she was in texas.

she is coming. she was online yesterday. haven't seen her today......yet.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Babe
                          yeah ...it's sadie...look for a penname of sadiepa or something like that....

i think she was in texas.

she is coming. she was online yesterday. haven't seen her today......yet.

B
                          The thread is on Page 4 of this forum

Comment

yeah, sadie hasn't been online so her entry has gone to page 4

it's
                            sadiepat1

PM her when you get here.

B

Comment

news on tonight's viewing. pretty touching.

Family And Friends Gather To Remember Slain Player

Family And Friends Gather To Remember Slain Player
                              Last Edited: Friday, 05 Jan 2007, 10:20 PM MST
                              Created: Friday, 05 Jan 2007, 10:14 PM MST
                              January 1, 2006
                              SideBar

Related Items
                              Videos
                              Stories
                              Memorial Walk For Williams
                              FORT WORTH, Texas --

Darrent Williams' family and friends gathered Friday to remember the charismatic Denver Broncos cornerback who escaped the tough streets but never forgot his roots.

Thousands of mourners filed past Williams' copper-colored casket during a memorial service at the Great Commission Baptist Church on Friday night, where Pastor Douglas E. Brown will officiate funeral services Saturday.

"We are here tonight to remember the life of this son, brother, friend, Darrent 'Dee-Will" Williams," Brown said. "We are here to remember his life."

Williams was killed and two other passengers wounded when at least 14 shots were fired into the stretch Hummer that had just left a New Year's Eve party. Williams was struck once in the neck.

Denver police said Friday they arrested Willie Clark, 23, on a parole violation and will question him about Williams' slaying.

"We're not calling him a suspect at this time," police spokesman Sonny Jackson said. "I hope he is a valuable individual that will help assist us. I hope that he'll make a difference for us in solving this case."

In Fort Worth, people lined up at two microphones at the big church, which seats 2,500, plus another 800 in an overflow chapel, to tell Williams' family what he meant to them.

A man on a brown mustang trotted up and down the street in front of the church.

Reggie Bracey, wearing a cowboy hat, chaps and spurs and holding a giant Broncos flag aloft, said his son played football with Williams at O.D. Wyatt High School.

"I'm not good at the mushy stuff," Bracey said. "This is my way of saying I'm sorry."

As they entered the church a few miles from where Williams grew up, mourners viewed giant photographs of Williams, one of the NFL's most promising young defensive backs when he was gunned down early Monday in a stretch Hummer limousine following a New Year's Eve party in downtown Denver.

A Broncos helmet sat at the front of the church and Williams' white No. 27 jersey was draped over the altar. Hundreds of people wore replica jerseys, many of them signed by Williams.

Williams was dressed in a black pinstriped suit with an orange tie and white shirt. Viewers filed past his casket for an hour before a choir sang, "I'm Trading My Sorrow," and the preacher said the night was for supporting the family so that the funeral could be a celebration of Williams' life.

Before the visitation, dozens of family members and friends gathered at the house where he grew up in the Carter Park neighborhood of Fort Worth.

"If somebody just walked up and didn't know he got killed or passed or whatever, they would say, 'Aw, damn. Dee must be home,"' said 25-year-old cousin Monte Wayne.

"Because this is what you would see. There'd be nothing but family and friends," Wayne said as he stood on the curb outside Williams' grandmother's house.

He pointed to the hard scrabble street and said that's where Williams first flashed his athletic skills that would make him a second-round pick by the Broncos in 2005 after a standout career at Oklahoma State.

The visitation at Great Commission Baptist Church was open to the public, as will be Saturday's funeral.

"I don't think it's going to hold everyone," said Carol Williams, an aunt of the Broncos player. "They say 'Yeah, Dee must be home. Play cards, play dominoes, fish fry, barbecue. Dee was just a grounded person, just so sweet."

The Broncos will fly to Fort Worth on Saturday for the funeral, where coach Mike Shanahan and owner Pat Bowlen are expected to be among the speakers. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Mike Haynes, the league's vice president of player development, also will attend the funeral.

Comment

<<< heavy sighs >>>>>

I would have lost it when I saw the orange tie.
                                Oh my...........

B

Comment

Working...
                                X