rookie card for your watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rookie card for your watch

I just wanted to share this story with all of you, and hopefully Darrent's Mom will read this too. My name is Ron, I live in Longmont. About 2 months ago, a new JC Penny store opened here. Darrent came up here for 2 Hours to sign autographs, and of course i just had to go. I went into the mall here and bought a holographic Darrent Williams rookie card to have him sign. So i finally get up to him to ask him to sign my new card. Darrent looked at the card, and said,"wow this is a cool card." I looked at this cool watch he had on, and jokingly told him I would trade him the card for his watch. He started laughing, and said nah man, i can't do that, My Momma would kill me. So i just wanted to share that. I want to also say to his mom, just in the brief time I talked to Darrent, this guy had a good head on his shoulders, and you did a really good job in bringing this kid up. Good Job. I'm so sorry for your loss, the broncos loss, and for his little children. I know he is in a better place, and i know it will be hard for you. I will pray for you and his children. Yours Truely, Ron Criger
    Last edited by ultrawave; 01-02-2007, 02:11 PM. Reason: To get it out there more.

Thats a great story. Just shows the type of guy he is.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrawave
      I just wanted to share this story with all of you, and hopefully Darrent's Mom will read this too. My name is Ron, I live in Longmont. About 2 months ago, a new JC Penny store opened here. Darrent came up here for 2 Hours to sign autographs, and of course i just had to go. I went into the mall here and bought a holographic Darrent Williams rookie card to have him sign. So i finally get up to him to ask him to sign my new card. Darrent looked at the card, and said,"wow this is a cool card." I looked at this cool watch he had on, and jokingly told him I would trade him the card for his watch. He started laughing, and said nah man, i can't do that, My Momma would kill me. So i just wanted to share that. I want to also say to his mom, just in the brief time I talked to Darrent, this guy had a good head on his shoulders, and you did a really good job in bringing this kid up. Good Job. I'm so sorry for your loss, the broncos loss, and for his little children. I know he is in a better place, and i know it will be hard for you. I will pray for you and his children. Yours Truely, Ron Criger
      That was really touching.

Comment

Working...
      X