ATTN: Candlelight Vigil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, where to start?

The vigil was a very quiet affair. I was there from about 2:10 to just after three.

When I got there, there was over a hundred people, all standing at the base of the fountain. There was/is a large amount of stuff spread all over the base of it there. A person I talked to there said it had been building all week long. He works there. He would know.

Lots of candles and a variety of Bronco stuff. Most with a few words written for Darrent on them. Stuffed animals, toys, etc. Someone brought big mylar balloons. A big silver 2, and a big silver 7 tied with blue and orange ribbons, along with a big mylar football balloon that someone had written 27 on.

There was a small shrine from the Mane, and someone had left two poster boards for people to write stuff on.

When I left, there were just a few people still there.

There was television coverage. At east channel 4 and channel 31 were there both. As well as a photographer from the Rocky Mtn. News.

You should expect to see coverage on those outlets. I have already seen the channel 4 one.

Anyway, it was a sad occasion. I hope to never return to Invesco and repeat that.

The vigil should now be over, so I am removing the sticky from this thread.

Rest in Peace Darrent...............

Comment

• I'm going to post this here:

sooner or later I'm sure there will be a video of the vigil. So far they've just updated the funeral video.

http://cbs4denver.com/video

Check out the man who is lighting 8 candles...............?
      Side note: I want that jacket JW.
      Last edited by Emancipator; 01-06-2007, 05:14 PM.
      Emancipate your mind!
      The People's Poster

Comment

• Originally posted by JWinn
        Well, where to start?

The vigil was a very quiet affair. I was there from about 2:10 to just after three.

When I got there, there was over a hundred people, all standing at the base of the fountain. There was/is a large amount of stuff spread all over the base of it there. A person I talked to there said it had been building all week long. He works there. He would know.

Lots of candles and a variety of Bronco stuff. Most with a few words written for Darrent on them. Stuffed animals, toys, etc. Someone brought big mylar balloons. A big silver 2, and a big silver 7 tied with blue and orange ribbons, along with a big mylar football balloon that someone had written 27 on.

There was a small shrine from the Mane, and someone had left two poster boards for people to write stuff on.

When I left, there were just a few people still there.

There was television coverage. At east channel 4 and channel 31 were there both. As well as a photographer from the Rocky Mtn. News.

You should expect to see coverage on those outlets. I have already seen the channel 4 one.

Anyway, it was a sad occasion. I hope to never return to Invesco and repeat that.

The vigil should now be over, so I am removing the sticky from this thread.

Rest in Peace Darrent...............
        I am glad you went for those of us who couldn't.

I must say, I sat at home and watched the service and it was not a very quiet affair.

I didn't know if it would be or not, but I got a lot out of it and some closure...if that makes sense.

Its sad to have tagic things like this happen to pull a community together but sometimes this is what it takes.

I loved what Jimmy Spencer said...."He didn't die in Vain"

Lets take this thing to another level.

Rest in Peace Darrent.

Comment

• I lit 4 candles in my house.
          Me and my brother spoke a few words. Blew them out one by one. Teared up a bit.

Then I did something stupid and burned his picture I printed out, out of respect but didn't realize how fast fire spread so I quickly dropped it in a cup of water and blew on it like nuts.

It's been a hard day. I love you DWill.
          MMA News
          MMA News 247

Comment

• One more bump on this for me.

I found these;

http://cfapp2.rockymountainnews.com/...eated=01/06/07

Pic #7 for some of you..............

Comment

One more bump on this for me.

I found these;

I see the candle you lit for me for Darrent.
              That's those 8 candles.
              Same as in the video when you lit them. They were burning nicely.
              Emancipate your mind!
              The People's Poster

Comment

• Originally posted by Emancipator
                I see the candle you lit for me for Darrent.
                That's those 8 candles.
                Same as in the video when you lit them. They were burning nicely.

Yup, that's them.

They did stay lit for the whole time I was there. Several did not. I must have gotten a good spot out of the wind. I relit a few I saw go out.

I just thought you all might like to see that picture.

I still cant believe this whole thing...............

Comment

Yup, that's them.

They did stay lit for the whole time I was there. Several did not. I must have gotten a good spot out of the wind. I relit a few I saw go out.

I just thought you all might like to see that picture.

I still cant believe this whole thing...............
                  I'll assume that the one lit in my place for Darrent didn't require a relighting.
                  Just trying to add a smile like Darrent added so many smiles to us.
                  He had that infectious smile.
                  I'm glad we can find things beyond the field to remember Darrent by. Forever Rest in Peace Darrent Williams.
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

Comment

• Originally posted by Emancipator
                    I'll assume that the one lit in my place for Darrent didn't require a relighting.
                    Just trying to add a smile like Darrent added so many smiles to us.
                    He had that infectious smile.
                    I'm glad we can find things beyond the field to remember Darrent by. Forever Rest in Peace Darrent Williams.

Nope! None of those 8 went out. It was other's people's candles who had already left that I relit.

And my own went out. I relit that one too.

Comment

• Nice. You must have positioned those 8 in a very good spot. The collective is stronger together than those that stand alone.

----Just look at that smile of Darrent's in my sig and avatar. You can't do but smile when you see that smile of his.
                      Emancipate your mind!
                      The People's Poster

Comment

One more bump on this for me.

I found these;

Bump- greats pics JWinn and thanks for everything

Comment

• Thanks so much JWinn - Watching all of this brings tears to my eyes everytime - but ya know through all the bad that this has brought onto bronconation - its nice to know that even though some of us have never met we can depend on one another during times of tragedies and times of happiness (aka all our new lil broncos that are born to our board members)

I really do love you guys

Comment

Working...
                          X