Answer me this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer me this

From what I understand there was a big advertised party in a public place - the fliers named some very famous names that would be there

Why would these people (the athletes) do such a thing - with all their money they could rent an entire hotel, have security, including metal detectors and invite only the people they want to come and still have those people searched that way if any BS breaks out the worst that could happen would be a few broken noses and such

Why do they insist on flaunting themselves out in public like this - esp these days with as many crazys that are out there - it just doesnt make any sense to me
    Last edited by orangenblue420; 01-02-2007, 09:24 PM.

I don't think they were "flaunting"t hemselves in public. Why do you believe famous people shouldn't have the right to a "normal life"? Why should they have to hide away from the rest of us? I mean look at what the average 20 something year old does on New Year's Eve. They go out and party with friends. Why shouldn't players be able to do what other 20 something year olds do. I'm pretty sure if it would have been a private exclusive party people would have been all bent out of shape that the players think they are better then everyone else. I think it gets out of perspective that players are people too. And yes there are crazies out there that will do bad things to famous people....but I'm pretty sure these "crazies" would do bad things to "regular" folks too. We can't live our entire lives being afraid of what could happen...and these players shouldn't have to either.

Comment

Originally posted by theantispice1
      I don't think they were "flaunting"t hemselves in public. Why do you believe famous people shouldn't have the right to a "normal life"? Why should they have to hide away from the rest of us? I mean look at what the average 20 something year old does on New Year's Eve. They go out and party with friends. Why shouldn't players be able to do what other 20 something year olds do. I'm pretty sure if it would have been a private exclusive party people would have been all bent out of shape that the players think they are better then everyone else. I think it gets out of perspective that players are people too. And yes there are crazies out there that will do bad things to famous people....but I'm pretty sure these "crazies" would do bad things to "regular" folks too. We can't live our entire lives being afraid of what could happen...and these players shouldn't have to either.

Im not saying they shouldnt socialize with people just advertising something like that seems like nothing good could or would ever come of that - and I dont think to many people would be bent out of shape if a bunch of millionaires had a private news year eve bash

I mean im a nobody and dont bother doing much on NYE anymore - there are too many stupide things that happen - at least three people got killed here last night - one was because a car crossed into or should I say over a barrier into another lane and hit someone and killed them - I dont see the point in going out on a night where most people lose common sense but thats just me

To me- if I had money and my common sense I would throw a huge bash for everyone I loved that was safe and fun for everyone and the next day we would all wake up alive - maybe a tad bit hung over but still alive

Comment

From what I know, Darrent Williams (RIP) was shot in his limo a few blocks away from the club by an SUV that drove next to it. And the altercation didn't directly involve Darrent.

Comment

Pr

I'm not sure, but I believe in a NFL contract you must have so many PR visits. It sounds like this was one of them. Having pro stars seen in public is a big thing for the city. Plus if you were that clubs owner and knew that these players would be there wouldn't you spread the news to get more people at your club on the biggest night of the year...... Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
            From what I understand there was a big advertised party in a public place - the fliers named some very famous names that would be there

Why would these people (the athletes) do such a thing - with all their money they could rent an entire hotel, have security, including metal detectors and invite only the people they want to come and still have those people searched that way if any BS breaks out the worst that could happen would be a few broken noses and such

Why do they insist on flaunting themselves out in public like this - esp these days with as many crazys that are out there - it just doesnt make any sense to me
            Not sure what difference it would have made if they had a secure party with metal detectors since the shooting happened outside not inside the club.

Comment

All The Money In The World Will Never Keep You Out Of Harms Way. Whether You Go To A Unsecured Or Secured Party On The Biggest Party Night Of The Year Or Not Does Not Necessarily Mean That The Same Thing Would Not Happen On Any Normal Day. No One Really Knows What Exactly Happened That Night Other Than We Lost A Great Member Of Our Team To Nothing More Than A Sensless Crime. Instead Of Talking About What He Should Have Done Or What Really Happened We Should All Just Be Honored That He Graced Our Field With His Presence And The Lives Of Everyone That Knew Him. I Know I Will Miss That Big Pearly White Smile Next Year!

Comment

Working...
              X