Darrent Williams & Madden 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Champ4DOP
    We all need to get Madden 08' email adress and all send in votes for D WIll to be on the madden 08 cover.....it is a great idea and honor.

NO NO NO, they won't do it, everyone outside of Denver would be furious, especially since LT or Lights Out will be on the cover, seriously guys, all I can think of is petitioning to see if EA will make a special "DW" Denver edition of the cover, aside from that, you guys are worrying about frickin video game, we got real life to deal with okay?

Comment

Hmm

i think that the only way he will get on the cover is if the person who gets it retires it to him. i mean heck if i got the cover - as much as id want it, if i knew that the fans wanted him on it, id retire it any day of the week - but i dont think they will take him off the roster i mean they probably have already created the game but if they do it wouldnt be very fair. in our minds - he will llive forever - surely hes allowed to lvie forever in our games?

Craig (London UK)

Comment

You know how it asks you to pick your favorite team in your profile? Then it show pics of the players of the team you pick in the background? Well, Darrent should definately be in one of those picks. That's probably the only chance he has getting in the game besides his number on the helmets.

Teh siggies are made by me. PM if you like 'em.
        I'm a BroncoForLife!

Comment

Yeah

o yeah - man he will be in it - i heard he was an excellent player - they should show his best bits in that - and you see they have like those videos of like how to play n stuff - they should have a memorial video for him. you know have a couple of the players n fans say a few words about him - show his best bits i mean it wont take up much game space, i know for a fact the players n fans will do it just for him - i think maybe EA should come look at this thread lol

Comment

U guys remember the 49ers player who died in pre season, yeah do u recall ANYTHING being dedicated towards him in Madden? Didnt think so, nothing is going to happen, they HAVE to take him out of the game due to legal rights since EA has a deal with the NFLPA, you can't represent someone in the game like that. He won't be in it, he WON'T make the cover, you'll all be lucky to see 27's on the helmets...and that is stretching it...

Comment

Originally posted by muse
              No way. I hope they do put #27 on the helmets or something to that extent though.

I really like that idea.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
              - Carl Sagan

Comment

Thats the only way to put him in the game, is a helmet sticker. He can't be on the cover, he can't be on the team, as much as I want to play with him and still watch him, it's not a realistic idea. EA just can't do it, plain and simple.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by nheimler
                  Naw I'll just create a player in his memory. He will be deeply missed.
                  Thats a good idea

Comment

Putting the #27 on the helmets would be really nice...but it would be too emotional for me if he was actually in 2008 (aside from the fact that I don't think EA would ever do it.)
                    I don't even know if I'll be able to play Madden 2006 again (I don't have 2007) due to the fact that I probably just...will find it too hard.
                    Darrent Williams Tribute Video

Comment

Originally posted by SteventheThorn
                      Putting the #27 on the helmets would be really nice...but it would be too emotional for me if he was actually in 2008 (aside from the fact that I don't think EA would ever do it.)
                      I don't even know if I'll be able to play Madden 2006 again (I don't have 2007) due to the fact that I probably just...will find it too hard.

Im going through the same thing. I find it extremely hard to play with the broncos now, and i havent even tried but once since his death....I always switched between the coners, so even playing a stupid game is making me tear up.

Comment

EA won't do that because they don't care. The developers of madden are hardcore football fans like me and you.

It just comes from a sense of how much would it effect the game and is it worth it to keep him in the game?

You never know, he could be in, but I wouldn't put my money on it. The most they should do is if Broncos have his number on the helmet and jersey, EA will put that in madden.

RIP Williams & Nash...

Comment

All EA cares about is money, thats why they bought out the NFL, now

it's asking a little too much if u want EA to put DW the cover, it's not asking to much, to put him in the game, they won't put him in the game. As far as what EA will do, is to put 27 sticker on the helmets.

I know im making a darrent williams player on madden 08. We shouldn't be talking about this right now, yet we are.
                          Sig removed due to size restrictions

Please, Can anyone get through Champ Bailey?

Comment

I think that it would be really cool for the team to put his number on their jerseys and helmets. But yea I have to agree I doubt that he will be on the madden cover. I do however thing they should honor him some how in the stadium.

Comment

Working...
                            X