Nuggets backlash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuggets backlash?

Not sure if this is the place for this question but I was wondering if there was any sort of backlash agaisnt the Nuggets. If it all works out that these thugs who shot so cowardly into a limo were friends and guests of a Denver Nuggets player, I have no intention of supporting them anymore.

With Carmelo's problems with his don't snitch DVD, Martin's links to thugs, this is not the kind of team I can support anymore.

IF the guys that did it are friends of Nuggets players, after this and the brawl they got into a couple of weeks ago I hope they get booed out of town. From what I've seen the classlessness of the Nuggets=the classiness of the Broncos.

I lay my "whys" before your Cross, in worship kneeling, mind to numb for thought, heart beyond all feeling. And worshipping, realize that I, knowing you, don't need a "why". Ruth Graham
    ALL READY

Comment

kenyon martin was long gone from this club when this occurred, he's smart enough not to be friends with thugs. it has nothing to do with the nuggets. saw a very touching interview with nugget julius hodge who was shot last year in the legs and his attaclers were mever arrested or charged. when asked on the news last night if he's more careful when he goes out he said he doesn't go out anymore - he stays at home and plays xbox with his nephews. he's now somber and reserved, when he was first a nugget he was all smiles. he's a changed man. much as i'm sure javon will be.

no nuggets were responsible for any of what happened. k-mart's comments were somewhat cold but he's a guy who has seen a lot, i don't think much shocks him anymore.

the nuggets had a moment of silence for darrent at their game on tuesday, camby had some very sympathetic things to say about what the Broncos organization are going through. all in all the nuggets are good guys. the nuggets/knicks incident is child's play compared to what happened to darrent, not even close in comparison.

Comment

I agree with the above poster. Not only have Hodge and Camby been very sympathetic, but I just read that Melo is more than likely going to set up a college fund for Darrent's children.

Comment

Melo, Martin plan to aid Williams kin
          By Chris Dempsey
          Denver Post Staff Writer
          Article Last Updated: 01/03/2007 10:47:50 PM MST

Nuggets Carmelo Anthony and Kenyon Martin are planning to donate money to the family of Darrent Williams, who was killed in a driveby shooting early Monday morning.

"I don't know exactly what it's going to be," Anthony said Wednesday. "I just think it's the right thing to do for his kids."

One of the ideas is to start a college fund for Williams' children. Anthony said he and Williams became friends the past two years as they saw each other around town. Anthony said he spoke to Williams before going into a party Sunday night and heard about Williams' murder the next day.

"I knew him pretty well," Anthony said.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBrian
            Not sure if this is the place for this question but I was wondering if there was any sort of backlash agaisnt the Nuggets. If it all works out that these thugs who shot so cowardly into a limo were friends and guests of a Denver Nuggets player, I have no intention of supporting them anymore.

With Carmelo's problems with his don't snitch DVD, Martin's links to thugs, this is not the kind of team I can support anymore.
            \

Please do not read anything into this that is not there. In the Rocky Mountain News this morning, it is stated that Melo is considering setting up an educational fund for Darrent's children. If there is anything negative about any Nugget player in regards to this, it will eventually come out. Please do not speculate.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Okay, thank you. I was under a first (and wrong) impression that these gang memebers were guests of one of the Denver Nuggets players. It seems that maybe these thugs were just hanging out at the club at the time and had no link to any of the Nuggets. I hope this is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBrian
                Okay, thank you. I was under a first (and wrong) impression that these gang memebers were guests of one of the Denver Nuggets players. It seems that maybe these thugs were just hanging out at the club at the time and had no link to any of the Nuggets. I hope this is the case.
                From what I understand, this particular club has like three levels, so it would seem to me that the party for Kenyon was possibly held on one level only, and the rest of the club had people there not invited to the party.

Comment

It raises a valid question, and reguardless of Carmelo Anthony and Kenyon Martin doing a great thing for DWill's family, what were gangbangers doing at Kenyon Martin's birthday party?

Comment

The club was open for anyone to attend, 1500 people were there. A friend who I work with was there on another level of the club for the goth music floor, so, over 1000 people were there, not all were friends with K-Mart. Apparently, the bouncer said, K-Mart stayed in the VIP area whereas Darrent went out amongst all the clubgoers to enjoy his evening.

From Fox Sports about Julius Hodge:

Hodge, who played Tuesday night for the first time since he was shot five times April 8, said Williams' killing brought back nightmares of the night he was attacked.

"I pray every night for him and his family and friends," Hodge said. "They haven't found who shot me and I've pretty much let it go, but I pray that they find whoever shot him."

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                      It raises a valid question, and reguardless of Carmelo Anthony and Kenyon Martin doing a great thing for DWill's family, what were gangbangers doing at Kenyon Martin's birthday party?
                      As I posted earlier, there were 3 levels in this club. I am sure that Kenyon's party was on one level. The other levels had other people there; therefore, the gangbangers may not have been at Kenyon's party, but were just inside the club. And remember, the argument was not inside the club, but outside of the club.

Comment

Working...
                      X