Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Mr. Shooter

Dear Mr. Shooter,
    May remorse, guilt and a burning need to somehow start making amends eat at your guts. May you someway find the responsibility needed to come forward and disclose your role in the incredibly irratiional murder of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.
    That might be all you know about Williams--that he's a cornerback for the local professional football team.
    Let me tell you a few other things about Williams.
    Darrent Williams was the father of 7-year-old Darius and 4-year-old Jaelyn. He was the son of Rosiland. And he was a friend to many and hardly had an unkind word to say.
    Your bullet took that person away from those people.
    Williams was a second-round draft pick who used some of his signing bonus to buy his mom a house and a car.
    In this day when extravagance is the norm and young, rich athletes and other celebrities often lavish themselves with crazy expensive vehicles, Williams drove a 1996 Chevy Impala.
    Williams lived in a Parker townhome, not a mansion. He loved bowling, played video games and liked shooting hoops.
    He was 24 years old, old enough to understand right from wrong and old enough to distinguish a good situation from a bad one.
    But Williams wasn't always that way. Rosiland raised him in a rough area in Ft. Worth, Texas.
    After reading about his upbringing, I asked him about it, to elaborate about it.
    "You know how it is," he said, smiling but not disclosing any more.(as a reference, Milo Bryant is black)
    Williams was wrong. I don't know what it's like to be mostly raised by my mom. I don't know what it's like to gravitate toward street gangs or to have a child when I was a child myself. And I sure don't know what kind of moxie it takes to get out of that situation and be a productive citizen.
    "I don't think he had a guy that wasn't his friend," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Tuesday. "It is just the way he was liked. He always had a smile on his face. As you talk about it, you never know why God takes somebody, but I know one thing, he got....whew....got someone very special in Darrent."
    Mr. Shooter, I hope you underatnd what you've done. I hope you understand that you will be caught and tried. And you will probably have a long time to ponder the absurdity that led to your monstrous act. At some point in your jail stay, you might find some lucidity in what shaped you.
    Sorrow might not fill you now. You might be too busy keepin' it real or bein' down for yours. But that sorrow will hit you at some point.
    And there's irony in this, Mr. Shooter. Williams had set in motion programs that would help kids avoid turning out like you. Imagine that. Here is a man wanting to do something good and you decided you didn't want any more good in this world.
    Shanahan said folks can "rest assured that we're going to work on Darrent's dreams."
    That's admirable. Commend Shanahan and the Broncos for that. I hope whatever programs the Broncos set up in Williams' honor work extremely well. But let me tell you, Mr. Shooter, those programs, as great as they might be, will not have Williams' voice. They won't have his smile and youthful candor.
    Because of you, in the back of their minds, the kids in those programs are going to know the violence that surrounds them is a cousin to the senselessness that took a person who could have been their role model.
    Another thing, Mr. Shooter.
    The young man you murdered was one of the Broncos' funniest players. His wit was quick. His tongue was sharp. He always had something to say. Williams was boisterous and saturated with confidence.
    Be it from a goofy haircut or a comical sound bite, Williams made folks smile.
    A shocking overtime loss Sunday to the 49ers took the Broncos out of the playoffs.
    And hours after that loss, you decided to start their New Year by sending them to the Commission Baptist Church in Fort Worth for a funeral instead.
    If any good comes of this, Mr. Shooter, I hope it's that enough young folks are so touched by it that they don't want to be anything like you.

Some have commented that if you're out late at night, or wearing all your bling, you're asking for trouble. Darrent didn't do the bling thing, he was no TO or CJ. Clubs and bars often have featured sports figures at parties. How many of you have met sports figures at these events? How many have gone to Hines' place hoping for a glimpse of Peezy, et al? How many have gone to Cabo Wabo in Cabo San Lucas hoping for a Hagar/VanHalen sighting in years past?
    Am I the only person who has ever been out at 3AM with friends and none of us were drinking, we were just catching up and having a good time?
    Murders are few and far between in Denver and down here in the Springs, and each and every one gets several days coverage, including those that happen in broad daylight to people who just happened to be in the right place(their school) at the wrong time when someone with an agenda decided to go shooting. When young people/children are involved, coverage has been known to go on for weeks, and I'm not talking JonBenet Ramsey. Even after the killer is caught, there's discussion about what provoked this murder, the senselessness of it.
    What is not known right now is if the people in the vehicle that sprayed the Hummer with bullets were even at the club where Williams and Walker were, or it was truly a random act of someone who wanted to take out someone better off than they were.
    What is known is that when they left the club, it was not with a sense of urgency that follows when someone feels threatened by the words or actions of another.

Thank You...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    BRONCOS #1

Comment

Great post, man, thank you.
      Me, my friend, and Rod Smith
      Myspace? Who uses that? Now happily accepting friend requests.

Thanks, tnedator!
      We'll miss you more than you could ever know, Darrent and Damien. We already do. R.I.P., D-Will and Damien Nash. :'(

Comment

That was a great post.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

good post, however I sort of doubt the murder is reading these boards
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stlrs4Life
            Dear Mr. Shooter,
            May remorse, guilt and a burning need to somehow start making amends eat at your guts. May you someway find the responsibility needed to come forward and disclose your role in the incredibly irratiional murder of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.
            That might be all you know about Williams--that he's a cornerback for the local professional football team.
            Let me tell you a few other things about Williams.
            Darrent Williams was the father of 7-year-old Darius and 4-year-old Jaelyn. He was the son of Rosiland. And he was a friend to many and hardly had an unkind word to say.
            Your bullet took that person away from those people.
            Williams was a second-round draft pick who used some of his signing bonus to buy his mom a house and a car.
            In this day when extravagance is the norm and young, rich athletes and other celebrities often lavish themselves with crazy expensive vehicles, Williams drove a 1996 Chevy Impala.
            Williams lived in a Parker townhome, not a mansion. He loved bowling, played video games and liked shooting hoops.
            He was 24 years old, old enough to understand right from wrong and old enough to distinguish a good situation from a bad one.
            But Williams wasn't always that way. Rosiland raised him in a rough area in Ft. Worth, Texas.
            After reading about his upbringing, I asked him about it, to elaborate about it.
            "You know how it is," he said, smiling but not disclosing any more.(as a reference, Milo Bryant is black)
            Williams was wrong. I don't know what it's like to be mostly raised by my mom. I don't know what it's like to gravitate toward street gangs or to have a child when I was a child myself. And I sure don't know what kind of moxie it takes to get out of that situation and be a productive citizen.
            "I don't think he had a guy that wasn't his friend," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Tuesday. "It is just the way he was liked. He always had a smile on his face. As you talk about it, you never know why God takes somebody, but I know one thing, he got....whew....got someone very special in Darrent."
            Mr. Shooter, I hope you underatnd what you've done. I hope you understand that you will be caught and tried. And you will probably have a long time to ponder the absurdity that led to your monstrous act. At some point in your jail stay, you might find some lucidity in what shaped you.
            Sorrow might not fill you now. You might be too busy keepin' it real or bein' down for yours. But that sorrow will hit you at some point.
            And there's irony in this, Mr. Shooter. Williams had set in motion programs that would help kids avoid turning out like you. Imagine that. Here is a man wanting to do something good and you decided you didn't want any more good in this world.
            Shanahan said folks can "rest assured that we're going to work on Darrent's dreams."
            That's admirable. Commend Shanahan and the Broncos for that. I hope whatever programs the Broncos set up in Williams' honor work extremely well. But let me tell you, Mr. Shooter, those programs, as great as they might be, will not have Williams' voice. They won't have his smile and youthful candor.
            Because of you, in the back of their minds, the kids in those programs are going to know the violence that surrounds them is a cousin to the senselessness that took a person who could have been their role model.
            Another thing, Mr. Shooter.
            The young man you murdered was one of the Broncos' funniest players. His wit was quick. His tongue was sharp. He always had something to say. Williams was boisterous and saturated with confidence.
            Be it from a goofy haircut or a comical sound bite, Williams made folks smile.
            A shocking overtime loss Sunday to the 49ers took the Broncos out of the playoffs.
            And hours after that loss, you decided to start their New Year by sending them to the Commission Baptist Church in Fort Worth for a funeral instead.
            If any good comes of this, Mr. Shooter, I hope it's that enough young folks are so touched by it that they don't want to be anything like you.

Some have commented that if you're out late at night, or wearing all your bling, you're asking for trouble. Darrent didn't do the bling thing, he was no TO or CJ. Clubs and bars often have featured sports figures at parties. How many of you have met sports figures at these events? How many have gone to Hines' place hoping for a glimpse of Peezy, et al? How many have gone to Cabo Wabo in Cabo San Lucas hoping for a Hagar/VanHalen sighting in years past?
            Am I the only person who has ever been out at 3AM with friends and none of us were drinking, we were just catching up and having a good time?
            Murders are few and far between in Denver and down here in the Springs, and each and every one gets several days coverage, including those that happen in broad daylight to people who just happened to be in the right place(their school) at the wrong time when someone with an agenda decided to go shooting. When young people/children are involved, coverage has been known to go on for weeks, and I'm not talking JonBenet Ramsey. Even after the killer is caught, there's discussion about what provoked this murder, the senselessness of it.
            What is not known right now is if the people in the vehicle that sprayed the Hummer with bullets were even at the club where Williams and Walker were, or it was truly a random act of someone who wanted to take out someone better off than they were.
            What is known is that when they left the club, it was not with a sense of urgency that follows when someone feels threatened by the words or actions of another.
            I know it's still early, but this is and will be the top post of 2007. Thank you. I appreciated the thought that went into this post. Refreshing.

Thank you.
            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

I don't think it could have been said any better.

A great post. Thank you!

:clap: :thumb:

Comment

great post
                NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Great post but it made me cry again.

I lay my "whys" before your Cross, in worship kneeling, mind to numb for thought, heart beyond all feeling. And worshipping, realize that I, knowing you, don't need a "why". Ruth Graham
                  ALL READY

Comment

Perfect post. Thank you. :clap:

Comment

I'm speechless...

Excellent message, thanks for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
                        No but, they might get a similar message in court someday, hopefully very soon.

Comment

I hope the people that are involved in this senseless act of violence are reading this. That was a great post. CP to you.....

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
                            Great post and yeah, he's probably not reading these boards. He's probably a drop out and can't read proper english.
                            sigpic
                            AMPIPE

Comment

Wonderful!!

I just wished thugs had a conscience.....
                              They talk about wanting "respect." What about giving respect?
                              Orange RAGE

Comment

Working...
                              X