Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the 2nd most saddest moment as a Bronco fan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the 2nd most saddest moment as a Bronco fan??

i havnt been around in the 80s and most of the 90s really for football but this is BY FAR the most upset ive ever been

what is the 2nd most that u were upset a little??

i was actually upset when we traded Portis!

and thats NOTHING compared to this!

i cant really think of that many upset times!

anyone else have something upsetting?

During a game; I'd say when Eddy Mac broke his leg, when TD was not able to ever return, and when Al Wilson was being carted off the field. They all tie for 2nd... just horrible seeing an injured player taken off the field like that.

So those were pretty tough to take... but nothing compares to the loss of D. Will.
    Last edited by CB123; 01-06-2007, 10:41 PM.
    "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Comment

last years afc championship game
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
        i havnt been around in the 80s and most of the 90s really for football but this is BY FAR the most upset ive ever been

The thing that made me 2nd most upset was TD career ending injury.. Darrent's passing is Number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by CB123
          During a game; I'd say when Eddy Mac broke his leg, when TD was not able to ever return, and when Al Wilson was being carted off the field. They all tie for 2nd... just horrible seeing an injured player taken off the field like that.

So those were pretty tough to take... but nothing compares to the loss of D. Will.

Yeah poor Eddie that was brutal!

You summed it up for me.
          The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

#2. When we lost to San Fran 55 -10 ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!

#3. When we traded Atwater to the Jets.

#4. When TD was injured.

#5 .When Eddy Mac was injured.

PEACE!!!

Comment

When we played the Ravens quite a while back and John Mobley tried to tackle Jamal Lewis and instead almost paralyzed himself.

It was weird... he was going for the tackle and another Bronco hit Lewis from the other side just before Mobley hit him and it messed up the way he hit him... it made it so he didn't get his head up like it's supposed to be for a hit and he hit with his head down and then just fell to the turf on his stomach motionless...

For about a day after the hit he still had not moved I think... we all thought he was paralyzed for good. But, then it turned out he was ok... although that was the last time John ever played football.

I really liked that guy. If you remember, he was the one who may of won our first Super Bowl for us. The Packers HAD to convert on a 4th down or we had the game... Favre goes back to pass, has a man open for the 1st, let's the ball go... and at the last second, Mobley flies in and swats it away!!! Ian Gold reminds me a lot of him... fast and aggressive.

Thank you John Mobley! I hope you are doing well!

Follow the Forehead Bronco Faithful! sigpic

Comment

The flight home from Super Bowl XXII.

It was only a two hour flight, but it was probably two of the longest hours of my life.

I went on a charter to that game. The whole flight was people who went to it. We were all so excited ont he way there. Everyone drinking pretty good, but not getting smashed. Just partying, having a great time. All noisy and rowdy, on our way to the big game.

But on the way home.......

Two people I clearly remember. One was this older lady who had done her hair up in blue and orange. Little squares of the two colors all around the bottom. It was really cool on the way there! But on the way home, it had become this putrid green and brown. She sat there on the flight home and just stared at the back of the seat in front of her, pounding little Gin bottles down.

The lady in front of me, when the Stew came by and asked what she wanted, responded with "Vodka! The whole twelve pack!". They come, or at least came in little twelve packs of those little bottles you get on planes.

Lots of them drank like that. Just drinking the sorrows away. I dont remember anyone saying anything at all on that flight actually. It was so quiet, everyone so sad. The only sound I remember was people crying.

Hardly seems worth mentioning actually. A distant second to all this. But that's my answer.

The injuries to Eddie and TD were pretty sad, but they came later. You never really know how bad it is right away, ya know?

TD came back!

Of course, Eddie didnt. But I didnt even think about that the next morning. Or for the next several days. I dont think I even opened the sports section that week. As I remember, he didnt even care about it much at the time.

Comment

Well.....Darrent Williams' passing....is of course, the most upset I have been as a bronco fan.

Second most upset I have been is the Superbowl loss to the Redskins. I still can't beleive it to this day, that the broncos gave up 35 points in one quarter!!!!!....in a Superbowl game........a record that will never, ever be broken......
                  My 3 favorite teams:
                  1.The Denver Broncos
                  2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                  3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Second most would be the AFC champ game. Came nothing close to this though.

And I have never seen mccafereys injury cans someone show me it??
                    MMA News
                    MMA News 247

Comment

Believe it or not, I think I was second most heartbroken when we let go of Kenny Walker (a deaf player we had on our team for a couple of years.)
                      As far as McCaffrey's injury, the next day was 9-11 and I had the television off when it happened because I was so tired of seeing the replays of McCaffrey's injury. Someone e-mailed me and told me to turn on my television because a plane had just hit the WTC.

I lay my "whys" before your Cross, in worship kneeling, mind to numb for thought, heart beyond all feeling. And worshipping, realize that I, knowing you, don't need a "why". Ruth Graham
                      ALL READY

Comment

For me the 2nd saddest moment was listening to Elway in tears explain that his body couldn't play anymore even though he had the heart and mind to continue. If he could, he would play the game forever. I was glad that he could finish his career with not one but two super bowls after the earlier heartbreakers.

Comment

This is obviously the saddest moment in my time as being a fan of the Broncos. I like many, am still shocked and trying to comprehend this loss.

I would say however, that last year's loss to Pittsburgh was my other greatest dissapointment. I still think Denver was the better team, and would win that game 8 out of 10 times. I am sure if I was able to remember the three SB losses, those would rank up there too. Obviously though, nothing can compare to this. I just can't wait til this team wins one for Darrent.
                          You will always be a Bronco Darrent, R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by P-NUT33
                            The thing that made me 2nd most upset was TD career ending injury.. Darrent's passing is Number 1.
                            Im still mad at Greise. Cause As I remember it, we were playing the Jets and Greise through a pick so terrel Davis made the tackle on the sideline? Am I remembering right?

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!

Clinton Sampson(Bronco WR #84, played here in the 1980s, drafted by us in the third round from San Diego State) was killed in a car accident about six months ago. He only played a few years, but was a good man and a decent WR.
                              Last edited by Jarious17; 01-07-2007, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X