Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the 2nd most saddest moment as a Bronco fan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobley's injury is the second worst moment for me.
    Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Comment

i would have to go with terrel davis career ending injury

Comment

I thought about another moment that was very sad for me but not so much as a Broncos fan, more as a football fan....when Derrick Thomas from the Chiefs died. I had watched him get draft, watched a story about his father getting killed in Vietnam, and watched him rise above that to play so well. So, even though he sacked Elway a few times, it was still heartbreaking when he died.

I lay my "whys" before your Cross, in worship kneeling, mind to numb for thought, heart beyond all feeling. And worshipping, realize that I, knowing you, don't need a "why". Ruth Graham
        ALL READY

Comment

I would say when Eddie broke his leg. It was a horrible thing to see. The next day was Sept. 11, 2001, so things got put in perspective real quick the next morning.

Comment

Injuries to Eddie Mac and TD come to mind but the second saddest thing could be what happens with Javon Walker. I really hope he pulls through and can play football with his team next season.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!
              i havnt been around in the 80s and most of the 90s really for football but this is BY FAR the most upset ive ever been

what is the 2nd most that u were upset a little??

i was actually upset when we traded Portis!

and thats NOTHING compared to this!

i cant really think of that many upset times!

anyone else have something upsetting?
              When the Broncos lost to Jacksonville in the playoffs in 1996. The Broncos had a great team that should have gone to the Super Bowl that year. Elway took that loss very hard.
              If you love NFL stats and history
              pro-football-reference.com
              jt-sw.com/football

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
                TD came back!
                Well technically he came back, but was never the same player.....

Originally posted by JWinn
                Of course, Eddie didnt.
                ....he did return the next year and played well.

PEACE!!!

Comment

I Cried Like a Baby

I cried my eyes out during Elway's retirement press conference. Deep down I knew he earned the best exit scenario of anyone who played the game, but I knew how much I was going to miss him.

Tied for second would be when TD finally decided he could not come back.

Neither of these events affected me nearly as much as Darrent's death. I have been a mess for a solid week.
                  Last edited by T55Bird; 01-09-2007, 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling error
                  Proud Bronco fan since 1975. I just wish every football player out there today was more like my man Rod Smith. Knowing we will never see him on the field again is very hard. He gave everything he had and left his guts on the field. I will miss him.

Comment

Elway retiring

EMac's Leg (I was at that game) - still blame greaseball for that

In hindsight Al Wilsons injury freaked me out at the time but knowing he is ok now its not such a big moment

Comment

I was born in 1983.....seeing John Elway retire when I was 17 years old....it was wierd because he was there my entire life up to that point....as a kid, I always imagined Elway being there forever.....i knew it was coming, but I always denied it by saying "oh he'll be back for 1 more..." but he didnt come back....it was a sad day in Bronco Nation.....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orangeblossom94
                        I thought about another moment that was very sad for me but not so much as a Broncos fan, more as a football fan....when Derrick Thomas from the Chiefs died. I had watched him get draft, watched a story about his father getting killed in Vietnam, and watched him rise above that to play so well. So, even though he sacked Elway a few times, it was still heartbreaking when he died.
                        No doubt man, this was a sad day. Although it's not directly a Bronco moment, there have been plenty of tragedies in this league. I really hope they do more to protect players from the type of violence that took DWill, who knows what that can or will be, I just hope they do something

Comment

Working...
                        X