Kenyon Martin!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurdueBronc
    In Martin's defense, he has probably been desensitized throughout his life. It is sad that individuals have no respect for human life, but the fact is, in today's societies, these things do happen. It hardly ever happens to a celebrity, but drive-bys are a regular occurance in major metropolitan areas. Something needs to be done, but it is so hard to curtail these events because it is so easy to get guns. My guess is Martin, has grown up around this type of atmosphere, and is not shocked by such a horrendous act. D-Will's death is tragic, but it is no more tragic than the millions of innocent people that have lossed their lives at the hands of men like William's killers. So I wouldn't get on Martin for a lack of emotion in the interview.
    Im not gonna defend martin statements. I live in brooklyn, new york, ive been around or seen all kinds of murders. But i would not dear say it is what is when somebody dies. He left behind his mother and two kids,how can he say that
    Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC
      Im not gonna defend martin statements. I live in brooklyn, new york, ive been around or seen all kinds of murders. But i would not dear say it is what is when somebody dies. He left behind his mother and two kids,how can he say that
      Matin's entire quote is "It is what it is. It's an unfortunate thing." Sounds like a true statement; D-Will's death was an unfortunate thing, right? I don't know how one can be suspicious that Martin knows something about the murder just because he was a little callus in his remark.
      Last edited by PurdueBronc; 01-07-2007, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
        I think you need to know much more about the case before you make such an
        allusion about somebody, especially a public one.

-----

Eh?

Ligthen up on BR0NCOFANATIC, would ya? He prefaced his remark by implying that he was no detective or that he had no professional credence in suggesting K.M.'s involvement.

If he had posted "Does anybody else think Martin was acting a bit strange?", I don't think you or anybody else would've had any problem with it.

Last edited by sbutk; 01-08-2007, 08:03 AM.
        sigpic
        They're your teammates, now.
        Best of luck, TT!
        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by CB123
          Wow... some people need to take a chill pill. He wasn't making accusations, he was stating the obvious. 'Martins words seemed very cold at the time of this tragedy... but that's all they are, words. Who knows in what kind of tone he said it in, or if he was told to keep his comments to the media brief, at that.

As far as the claim of 'borderline libel'? Please... I doubt Martin will claim a lawsuit about someone's words on a message board. If that was even possible, then there'd be a ton a lawsuits on message boards everywhere.

Exactly. "Libel" is printed malicious misrepresentation (a.k.a. lies). There was none of that in BR0NCOFANATIC's post, only the pointing-out of a couple facts, and some perfectly legitimate opinions expressed on the attitude/tone of Martin's comments. I'd like to see people not getting their panties in such a bunch.

:doh:
          sigpic
          They're your teammates, now.
          Best of luck, TT!
          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by PurdueBronc
            Matin's entire quote is "It is what it is. It's an unfortunate thing." Sounds like a true statement; D-Will's death was an unfortunate thing, right? I don't know how one can be suspicious that Martin knows something about the murder just because he was a little callus in his remark.
            If that was your friend or somebody you knew would you make a comment like that........."It is what it is".........omg
            Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by CB123
              As far as the claim of 'borderline libel'? Please... I doubt Martin will claim a lawsuit about someone's words on a message board. If that was even possible, then there'd be a ton a lawsuits on message boards everywhere.

If that was the case Tatum Bell would be suing me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC
                If that was your friend or somebody you knew would you make a comment like that........."It is what it is".........omg
                No I wouldn't, but do you know how close the two were? From the interview, it sounds like they were just acquaintances. I'm sure you have had acquaintances die. Although it is sad, and one feels bad, one does not get overly emotional over the death.

With that said, I do agree that Martin could have chosen better words to describe this tragedy, but it is hardly evidence that he knows something about the murder that he is not divulging.

Comment

Working...
                X