Pats Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happens everywhere folks..

At the 49er game, they asked for a moment of silence for Lamar Hunt.

When it was all quiet, and you could hear a pin drop, some moron had to shout out;

"BRONCOS!"

Comment

Well, that guy shouldn't have done that either...but somehow I see a difference in Lamar Hunt's death when he was old and Darrent's death when he was so young.

I lay my "whys" before your Cross, in worship kneeling, mind to numb for thought, heart beyond all feeling. And worshipping, realize that I, knowing you, don't need a "why". Ruth Graham
      ALL READY

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn
        Happens everywhere folks..

At the 49er game, they asked for a moment of silence for Lamar Hunt.

When it was all quiet, and you could hear a pin drop, some moron had to shout out;

"BRONCOS!"

Dang it. I'm glad I erased that part in my earlier post about doubting any Bronco fan would behave in that manner. I guess there really is (atleast) one idiot in every village.

Comment

Originally posted by orangeblossom94
          Well, that guy shouldn't have done that either...but somehow I see a difference in Lamar Hunt's death when he was old and Darrent's death when he was so young.

I dont see the difference.

I could keep my mouth shut for FIFTEEN WHOLE SECONDS for even Al Davis.

And when that time comes, I will.

Comment

I don't care how old the person who died is. A moment of silence MEANS a moment of silence. You don't say a word. Is it really that hard to do? I don't think so.
            You're in the arms of the Angels
            May you find some comfort there ~ RIP Darrent Williams

Comment

Like I said, it was definitely wrong and I'm surprised that there's a Broncos fan out there with thta little class (and I would keep my mouth shut even for Al Davis...no matter how little I think of him). I don't know why I think it's more disrespectful for the Jets fans to do what they did than for the Broncos fan to do what he did....I just did when I heard it at first.

I lay my "whys" before your Cross, in worship kneeling, mind to numb for thought, heart beyond all feeling. And worshipping, realize that I, knowing you, don't need a "why". Ruth Graham
              ALL READY

Comment

One word: KARMA

Comment

In France before soccer games there are often moments of silence prior to a game, and there are often morons to break it...
                  As they say "There's a sucker born every minute."

Comment

Originally posted by hugebroncofan07
                    There are idiots everywhere I had a guy come up to me because I was wearing a broncos sweatshirt and he said "thats pretty funny what happened to the broncos they got waxed on and off the field its pretty funny he go shot by gangstas". There was another guy that i was talking to and I said that i think cowboys are going to lose and he said "at least our teams cornerback is alive and its pretty idiotic to get shot right after you lose a game." how can people live with themselves sometimes.

wow i cant believe ppl can say something like that.....forget the fact he plays for the broncos...he is a human being and has a family and kids.

Comment

yeah they didnt care they laughed they thought it was funny to say something like that horrible people that are in this world.
                      R.I.P. Darrent Williams(1982-2007) you will be missed

I started praying every day at my home, and even though I wasn't going to church all the time, I started believing more, and I think that's what stopped me from going down the wrong road. qouted by Darrent Williams

Comment

Hobbs Tribute

Ellis Hobbs did a nice job paying tribute...
                        http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...264451,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by alr5111
                          Just thought everyone should know there was a moment of silence for Darrent Williams today at the Pats game, but during it a group of Jets fans just chanted J-E-T-S. it was one of the most embarassing things ive heard/seen in a long time.
                          I'm so glad I was stuck at work yesterday. Ugh, I'd have given those idiots a Sicilian style butt-whopping for sure. How stupid can people get??
                          ~~*Jeni*~~

In Loving Memory of Darrent Williams ~~ 1982 -- 2007

In Loving Memory of Bobby Hamilton Sr. ~~ 1957 -- 2007

Thanks for all you've done for the Steelers Coach Cowher...

Comment

Originally posted by jld20178
                            Ellis Hobbs did a nice job paying tribute...
                            http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...264451,00.html
                            yeah he shouldn't get fined.

I was going to post that but since you did ill just bump it up.

Comment

This really doesn't have much to do with Darrent, but it's a relevant anecdote concerning that Patriots game that ought to make Broncos fans smile...

At our New Year's Eve party - alas, before the unfortunate incident concerning #27 took place - my neighbor (Jets fan, and ordinarily a perrenial AFC-rival-sparring-partner) was saying how disappointed he was that Denver had lost the game to S.F. earlier that night and consequently not made the playoffs.

The reason? ...Now his Jets would have to face the Patriots, who the Broncos seem to like making short work of in the playoffs.

[I thought that was a nice round-about compliment, if I'd ever heard one. Just thought I'd share it with you guys.]

(In retrospect, I'm actually glad we didn't qualify for the post-season this year, because the team would've been an emotional wreck and in no state to play championship-caliber football.)

R.I.P., DARRENT.

sigpic
                              They're your teammates, now.
                              Best of luck, TT!
                              ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X