How is everyone holding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is everyone holding up?

It has almost been a week now that we heard the tragic news of Darrents Williams death and I wondering how everyone is holding I myslef am still shocked and sad and get teary eyed alot as i see all of the news and the funeral. So that being said how is everyone holding up a week later.
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams(1982-2007) you will be missed

I started praying every day at my home, and even though I wasn't going to church all the time, I started believing more, and I think that's what stopped me from going down the wrong road. qouted by Darrent Williams

I am in utter shock.

The last post I made on this board I was saying he should be cut for playing cocky. Even hours before his departure I was screaming at my TV, at our corner play in general.

There are some things clearly bigger than football.

Darrent lived with that same confidence and fighting spirit he had on the field. I am still distraught that he is gone. It makes no sense.

Darrent, Joey Porter, and Julius Hodge all shot by unknown gunmen in Denver, this **** makes no sense, it sickens me. All the senseless killings and shootings have to stop. Its just utterly ******* ridculous the community had to loose a star like Darrent and his children now have no father. My heart goes out to those children and his girlfriend who now has to be the rock for all three of them. May Darrent live on in our memories...

Comment

Well said these killings need to stop and like you said his kids have to live with knowing there dad is dead because someone decided to shoot him. R.I.P. Darrent
      R.I.P. Darrent Williams(1982-2007) you will be missed

I started praying every day at my home, and even though I wasn't going to church all the time, I started believing more, and I think that's what stopped me from going down the wrong road. qouted by Darrent Williams

Comment

I am still sad when I think about it, but the reality of it has had time to sink in.

Death is a reality of life... but when someone leaves us so early it is very hard to accept.

Recently, I have been feeling a lot more for Javon and his situation. I pray that he does what Darrent would want him to do... come out next year and set records!!!
        Follow the Forehead Bronco Faithful! sigpic

Comment

Still a bit in shock, but I am doing much better. It'll probably hit me again when training camp starts and there won't any d-will.

Comment

DWill's passing has shocked us all. It is still unbelievable and now we all want answers. We want justice. We want some resolution. I am confident that the authorities will do so but waiting is just plain hard.

Some said they couldn't watch the playoffs this year because it hurts too bad. I found it good therapy. I enjoy the game, and although we lost one of our beloved Broncos in a tragic event, that does not change.

I was somewhat teary eyed when they showed the funeral on CBS this morning before the NE/NY game. Made me take a moment, kiss my family and hold dear what is close to me while feeling continued sympathy towards the William's family.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

i feel like i'm still in shock that this happend i went to sleep that night thinknig it never happend and woke up next day knowning it was real. it really sucks he's gone all i've been playing is sometihng like eminem when i'm gone even watching the video brings tears to my eyes and even so forth when john lynch speaks of him

Comment

I still get teary eyed and keep thinking about things even that have nothing to do with football and then say to myself. "That was when Darrent was alive."

I can't get him out of my head. It's gonna be here for a long time.
                MMA News
                MMA News 247

Comment

I cried several times watching the funeral. I felt the most sadness when they showed his little boy looking into the casket. No mother should have to see her son go first and no children should lose a dad like they did. It is just too sad.

Comment

I just wish I could do more..
                    The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

at a loss for words...

This is an awful thing to have happen to any team. But to happen to my Denver Broncos... "tragedy" doesn't even begin to cover it.

D Will may not have been the best player out there, but very few may have played with more heart and the NFL is a little less bright with his passing.

Comment

I've had those same "that was when Darrent was alive" moments, like during the games this weekend after Romo's mistake they showed the Cincy missed PAT and I was looking for D.Will on the field and it was just weird to think that he was there and now he's gone.

This is the first day in a week that I haven't cried, I think watching the funeral was helpful, hard but cathartic.

It's when I'm sitting at training camp on the grass at Dove Valley this August that it will probably hit me again when I look for #27 and he isn't there.

Comment

I am still a little shocked but I think I handled the news better than expected. I learned alot about this young man and I am grateful for what he did for our team.
                          RIP Darrent Williams
                          Heaven Gained A Shutdown Corner

Comment

I thought I was better until I watched the funeral. It was all great, a very touching service. Tatum Bell got up and with his tears, my own came. Very sad. I have tried pushing it aside, and I'm doing better, but everytime I see his smile, I just think of his mother, children and family and it reminds me they'll never see that smile again.
                            Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

having dealt with tragedy more than a few times....I thought I handled it pretty well....then came the photos of the funeral, the one with his son esp...and I started shedding blue and orange tears....first (and probably only) time I cried this year.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X