Jevon Walker sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB123
    Believe me or not, but when I was really young (early 80's) I believe I saw John Elway at my parents garage sale (maybe early in his career, looking for a good deal ). My parents thought the same thing, too. Now if it was, or wasn't him, I'll never know (of course even I find it strange that he'd even go to a garage sale in the 'Springs area). But, I do know one thing, he gave me a mile-high salute! I'll always remember that and hope that it really was him!

Now to get back on topic, that's good to see Javon getting out and about. Clear his mind a bit.

I may be wrong, but I kinda doubt the "Mile High Salute" even existed back in the early 80's.

Last edited by sbutk; 01-11-2007, 07:52 PM.
    sigpic
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
      I agree......But the truth is Javon is a eye witness to a murder. We dont know exactly how much Javon knows. Someone had to finger the SUV. I'm sure the killers arent lurking at Broncomania though.

Yeah, and do you really think that in the time between having his friend's guts spilled on his lap and then becoming an emotional wreck, Javon actually had time to turn around and memorize the car's tag # ?

Likely the description of the SUV did not come from anyone inside the limo.

:doh:
      sigpic
      Best of luck, TT!

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk
        I may be wrong, but I kinda doubt the "Mile High Salute" even existed back in the early 80's.

Figuratively speaking, is what I meant by it. I just call it that, ever since the Mile-High Salute was initiated (whenever that may be).
        "I'm never going to lose to Denver, watch." - Colt McCoy (2010 NFL Draft)

Comment

Originally posted by CB123
          Figuratively speaking, is what I meant by it. I just call it that, ever since the Mile-High Salute was initiated (whenever that may be).

OK. You could've also chalked it up to a typo, for all I know, and said you meant 90's instead of 80's, and I would've easily swallowed that. No problem, though. I gert what you mean.

sigpic
          Best of luck, TT!

Comment

I think Javon is a stud & that's why he wanted out of Green Bay. I'm sure if he'd of stayed there that wouldn't ever happen in Green Bay. But I do feel sorry for him & the Williams family. What a terrible thing to have to go through.

Comment

I havent seen Broncs at casual places, just scheduled appearances. Throughout the season Tatum did the Fan Radio show at a bar in centennial. i went to that.. other than that the only player i saw actually was darrent, i worked at the aurora mall last year and he came for an autograph session.. it was $15 a person ouch.. lol but i had my sister go through too so i got my friend and my mom's boyfriend his autograph.. i didnt get it for myself becayse it was xmas.. they both bleed orange and blue just as much and i didnt have another person or another $15 to get myself an auto lol....true story.. sadly i didnt get myself his auto haha

Comment

I hope Javon reads the encouragement given to him via his website mail!

Follow the Forehead Bronco Faithful! sigpic

Comment

I'm sure I'll get attacked here, But I'm sick of this poor Jevon mentality. I understand what he went through(believe me I DO) but he should have toughened up and went to Darrents funeral. If for nothing else than to show respect for the family. I read somewhere (not sure if it's true or not) that Jevon was at a club in Vegas either the night of the funeral or the night after, but he couldn't make the funeral. IF this is true...I have no respect for this guy.
                  In Memory of Darrent Williams. You will be missed my man.

Comment

I saw Javon in Wal Mart.
                    The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by steelydenver
                      I'm sure I'll get attacked here, But I'm sick of this poor Jevon mentality. I understand what he went through(believe me I DO) but he should have toughened up and went to Darrents funeral. If for nothing else than to show respect for the family. I read somewhere (not sure if it's true or not) that Jevon was at a club in Vegas either the night of the funeral or the night after, but he couldn't make the funeral. IF this is true...I have no respect for this guy.
                      Well, you certainly opened yourself up for some judgement and critisizm. But you should have no problem hearing it from me, a complete stranger, that knows nothing about you or your situation since you have no problems dishing it out on others.

First I wonder how on earth you even know what he is going through? You are not Javon Walker. Since you are not him and you know what he is going through your situation must be exactly the same? You were a passenger in a car and a car full of thugs rolled up and started blasting away at any and everyone in your car? By the grace of God you were not killed yet your friend sitting next to you was shot in the head and fell in your lap and died instantly? The killers were still on the loose and you are high profile athlete/celebrity type and a WITNESS and VICTIM to a horrific crime and you went to your friends televised funeral not thinking twice that you are a sitting duck? You had no fear, no horrific grief as to why you are still alive? HMMM~something would tell me there is something wrong with you. Sounds like you are a heartless, thug just like the one that took D-Wills life and nearly Javon's.

For all anyone knows the police and family may have asked that he not attend because of the definate increased security risk. The bottom line is Javon is human and you post in here a bunch of rumors and even if they are true who gives you the right to impose on someone else on how they should behave and act?

Comment

Some teammates took him to Vegas in the day's before the funeral.

I don't know why he felt he couldn't go....And you don't either!

And unless your friend died in your lap (And if so, please except my apology), I'm not sure I believe you understand what he went through.

This is pointless. Do you not have anything better to do?

Comment

How cold can you be? I agree with brncoz1fan, how could you say something like that? Are you that cold and have no heart? I mean D-Wall was shot and died instantly in Javon's lap. It would take anybody some serious time to get over something like that and unless you were in a similar situation you can't even relate to him and therefore have no reason to say anything against Javon. My heart goes out to him and I am glad that he has his teammates to help him get through this.
                          R.I.P
                          #27 Darrent Williams
                          #29 Damian Nash

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

Comment

Tragedy's are a big deal. When you get out of your teenybopper years, you'll understand that.

1)um, no. You DON'T understand what he went through. Nobody does. Everyone deals with tragedy in their own way. You can't possibly understand what he's going through.

2)Did it ever occur to you that he was told NOT to attend the funeral. Maybe by police, maybe by the family members, maybe by whomever. Don't come off criticizing somebody else like you have all the answers for everything, especially about situation you know nothing about.

3)I read somewhere(don't know if it's true or not) that people would be coming to Broncmania in light of the D Will tragedy to offer their condolences. They would also come to criticize, be judgmental, and pretend they understand everything about everything when it comes to the situation. If that's true, then I have no respect for those people.

Comment

Working...
                            X