Broncos' Offering Reward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' Offering Reward

Kim Christensen just reported on 9News that the Broncos' Organization is offering a $100,000.00 reward for information. I AM SO PROUD OF EVERYTHING THE BRONCOS HAVE DONE

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Originally posted by Denver Native
    Kim Christensen just reported on 9News that the Broncos' Organization is offering a $100,000.00 reward for information. I AM SO PROUD OF EVERYTHING THE BRONCOS HAVE DONE
    I was just thinking/daydreaming today about being rich and offering $50,000 or $100,000 to get people to come forward and give information. Now I saw this news story about he Broncos players putting up money. Thats great! 100k should be enough to get people to come forward.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3
      I was just thinking/daydreaming today about being rich and offering $50,000 or $100,000 to get people to come forward and give information. Now I saw this news story about he Broncos players putting up money. Thats great! 100k should be enough to get people to come forward.
      All that was said was that the reward was being offered by the Broncos Organization - so I don't know if the players are involved or if it is Pat Bowlen or exactly who. But, whoever it is, I am so glad.

Comment

Here is actual story on Channel 4 site:

Jan 10, 2007 4:12 pm US/Mountain

Broncos Give $100,000 Reward In Williams Case
        (CBS4) DENVER

The Denver Broncos are offering an additional $100,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and filing of murder charges against a suspect or suspects involved in Darrent Williams' murder.

The reward is in addition to the $2,000 reward offered by Crime Stoppers.

The Bronco cornerback was killed and two others were injured on New Year's Day while riding in a limousine on 11th and Speer Blvd. Several shots were fired into the vehicle with one hitting Williams in the neck.

Investigators believe there are some in the community who have valuable information that would help them in solving the crime.

The Denver Police Department also thanked the community who they said has been helpful, so far, in giving information relevant to the Williams investigation. They also thanked the Denver Broncos for their continued support.

Anyone who has information is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at (720) 913-STOP (7867).

The Crime Stoppers line is staffed 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Callers can remain anonymous and still receive the reward.

Comment

It's sad that money is often the only way to get some people to do the right thing, but hopefully this gives them the motivation to come forward and do what's right. I think it's great that the players/Members of the Bronco organization are doing this, it shows they are going beyond words to help find justice for Darrent and his family.
          sigpic
          The only thing that can stop the ninja.
          Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

with the type of people we're dealing with, gang members, most likely, to whom snitching means you're basically a dead man, the only way to get any of them to even think about helping the police is with money. so, this is a good development, good move on the Broncos part.

Comment

ESPN Article. This is pretty cool.

Broncos players offer $100K reward in Williams case

DENVER -- Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said members of the team are offering a $100,000 reward through Denver Crime Stoppers for information that leads to the arrest and filing of charges against a suspect or suspects in the shooting death of cornerback Darrent Williams.

The team's reward is in addition to the standard $2,000 reward offered by Denver Crime Stoppers.

Meanwhile, a man held for questioning in the fatal drive-by shooting of Williams is frustrated by his arrest and his family is fearful, his attorney said Wednesday.

Willie Clark, 23, was arrested Friday after police said his name came up in the investigation. He was being held for an alleged parole violation unrelated to the slaying of Williams.

Police have not called Clark a suspect, but said they hoped he could provide information that could help solve the case. Clark's attorney, Michael Andre, said earlier his client has no information about the shooting, which also wounded two other people.

Police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Wednesday there had been no further arrests in the case.

Williams was shot as he was riding away from a New Year's Eve party at a nightclub in a stretch Hummer limousine. Police haven't said whether they know the motive for the slaying, but have said there was an altercation at the club.

Andre has said Clark knows nothing about Williams' shooting. He declined to say Wednesday whether Clark has been questioned by police.

"We are not discussing anything related to his potential cooperation as we do not want to create a perception that could endanger his life or his presumption of innocence," Andre said.

Andre has said Clark grew up in the same neighborhood as 28-year-old Brian Hicks, the registered owner of a 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe that matches witnesses' description of a vehicle used in the shooting.

Hicks was in jail on drug charges when Williams was shot. Hicks is also accused of shooting at a woman who was later killed a week before she was to testify against him.

Clark, who was on parole for an auto theft conviction, is accused of living in a different house than the one listed in his parole agreement. Andre denied the allegation but said it could take months to clear up.

After Clark was arrested Friday, police discovered an arrest warrant accusing him of driving with revoked license, Andre said. Andre said the suspect in that case was actually Stephen Howard, a cousin of Clark's who once used Clark's name.

Howard, 24, appeared in Denver County Court Wednesday and was ordered held until a judge could schedule a hearing to positively identify both men.

Comment

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

I hope this does something.

I wish people would do the right thing just because it is right.
                  MMA News
                  MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champ24girl
                    with the type of people we're dealing with, gang members, most likely, to whom snitching means you're basically a dead man, the only way to get any of them to even think about helping the police is with money. so, this is a good development, good move on the Broncos part.
                    Yes indeed. Big money means big time snitchin'! So this was definetly a good move
                    #swapping

Comment

This is awesome. Someone is bound to snitch.

Comment

Working...
                      X