• Show
Clear All

• javon84walker#1
    replied
    i think he still wears it everygame

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    That's pretty cool of him. It's actually not a shirt but a shimmel. It's basically a shirt wit the bottom cut off so it only goes to ur belly button or so. Most of the time it's used in place of UnderArmour.

Leave a comment:

• LRod
    replied
    Excellent story! GO PATS!!

Leave a comment:

• PatsCrowEater
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCO-6
    very classy-- at a time when alot of teams are focused only in their own world heading to the superbowl possibly, this wonderful person pays tribute to one of ours.
    Here's what Ellis Hobbs had to say about wearing the t-shirt during the Jets game. This is from a Jan. 8th article in the Boston Globe:

Honoring a friend
    Cornerback Ellis Hobbs paid tribute to Darrent Williams, the Denver Broncos cornerback who died last week, by wearing his name on the shirt he wore under his game jersey yesterday. Both grew up in Texas and got to know each other before the 2005 draft, when they both were coming out of college.

"I was doing it out of respect," said Hobbs, who started for the third straight week. "I had all the emotions that I wanted before this. This just gave me a purpose to go out there. I asked the Lord 'Let him play through me.' I know how bad he wanted it on the field with his aggressive attitude. I can say that we're the same type of player. I respected him and he respected me."

Hobbs's gray Patriots T-shirt had the words "R.I.P. D. Williams," on it, in addition to the No. 27.

Quoted excerpt begins at the 8th paragraph of story

Leave a comment:

• LordPenguin
    replied
    classiest pats player ever!

Leave a comment:

• BRONCO-6
    replied
    very classy-- at a time when alot of teams are focused only in their own world heading to the superbowl possibly, this wonderful person pays tribute to one of ours.

Leave a comment:

• darrent/hero
    replied
    i always liked hobbs

Leave a comment:

• Jermz79
    replied
    Class act for sure, shows their is still some heart left in people.

but I still can't route for them to win the Superbowl!

Leave a comment:

• ThunderGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by CB123
    That's awesome of Hobbs to do that!

I believe that's a custom shirt. You can see in the first picture, that it's a normal Patriots t-shirt, with the letters and #'s put on them. I think it was the equipment staff that helped him put that together.
    I read an article that the equipment staff did put it on there and told him he was going to get fined and he said he didn't care!

Leave a comment:

• Bronco4l1fe
    replied
    Originally posted by CB123

I believe that's a custom shirt. You can see in the first picture, that it's a normal Patriots t-shirt, with the letters and #'s put on them. I think it was the equipment staff that helped him put that together.
    What you don't think he could take it to a tee-shirt shop and pay what 0.10 a letter?....

Leave a comment:

• CB123
    replied

Originally posted by BroncoForLife27
    That's so awesome of Hobbs. I'll be rooting for him next week.

If anyone knows where you can get a shirt like that, PM me or post it somewhere. I really want one to play football in, work out, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosfreak_56
    replied
    Originally posted by buile
    He wore the shirt for the Chargers game as well.

buile
    Wow, that is very classy of him.
    Now im obligated to want the Pats to win the Superbowl...GO PATS.

Leave a comment:

• Day1BroncoFan
    replied
    Cool!

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Good stuff, props to him. Much class on his part.

Leave a comment:

• TR3Y
    replied
    GREAT gesture!!

Hobbs is the MAN

He is one of, if not the only Patriots player I like and it is ALL due to this

Leave a comment:

Working...
X