Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Responsibility

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Responsibility

    Even though this is a tragic and senseless act, not to mention a great loss, I have a gnawing question. If I am a family man, a millionaire, and a successful prominent athlete what am I doing at a night club in the wee hours of the night? I would think these athletes could curtale these activities until after their career. This is a growing problem throughout professional sports. Maybe these athletes should put themselves in the position of the common worker, who in fact is the driving force that supports them. Just give me a chance to be paid millions per year. Every fan is in this situation. These athletes just don't realize how very special they really are. I am very saddened by this loss, but also have a streak of resentment.

  • #2
    u cant expect athletes or celebrities to lock them selves up in their homes until they are finished with their career, they have just as much a right to go unwind and enjoy themselves as much as the next guy

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CapQ
      Even though this is a tragic and senseless act, not to mention a great loss, I have a gnawing question. If I am a family man, a millionaire, and a successful prominent athlete what am I doing at a night club in the wee hours of the night? I would think these athletes could curtale these activities until after their career. This is a growing problem throughout professional sports. Maybe these athletes should put themselves in the position of the common worker, who in fact is the driving force that supports them. Just give me a chance to be paid millions per year. Every fan is in this situation. These athletes just don't realize how very special they really are. I am very saddened by this loss, but also have a streak of resentment.
      I'd agree with you any other time... But this is NEW YEARS. There is a huge difference between being out in the wee hours of the night 364.25 other days of the year, but on new years? You can't hold him accountable for it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by UnderArmour
        I'd agree with you any other time... But this is NEW YEARS. There is a huge difference between being out in the wee hours of the night 364.25 other days of the year, but on new years? You can't hold him accountable for it.
        Totally agree - it was New Years Eve - he was one of the people throwing a birthday party. Seems pretty ordinary to me.


        Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

        Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

        Comment


        • #5
          In Darrent's case he was honoring a prior obligation to make an appearance for Kenyon Martin. When trouble started he did what he was taught to do, get out of there as quick as possible. He did not instigate the incident and even tried to gove a lift to some of the clubs other occupents. It was a tragedy, but not one he incited or caused.

          Everyday a number of common working men or killed just as well by simply being int he wrong place at the wrong time. It is sensless as well but it happens.
          The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            ive thought this very thing ever since i found out about his death. give me several million dollars and a family and i can assure you that i would be with them every second possible

            Comment


            • #7
              It's easy to look back and say this and that and what you or someone else would do but this is more of a reflection on society than Darrent. We can't expect these guys to live in a shelter and never go anywhere or do anything because of what might happen. None of us are in his position so how can we pass judment. It's really not fair.

              I didn't grow up in Darrent's position and have no idea what his life was like. He died tragically and it's not my place to say what he should have or shouldn't have done. Let the guy rest.

              Comment


              • #8
                You could not pay me to go out on new years and when you get older and see how many things happend you might stay in too. This isn't the old days.

                Fun going out has been ruined by thugs and punks.
                The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ya, he was in a city a thousand miles from home, and family. Young, talented, and had a pocket full of money. What was he thinking, going to a club with some teammates? How many 24 year old pro athletes, with no family in town, and money to spend ,would sit at home on New Years Eve? When they could go hang out with other pro athletes, like Javon Walker, Allen Iverson, etc? How many of you can honestly say you would rather sit at home?



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cadencesdad
                    Ya, he was in a city a thousand miles from home, and family. Young, talented, and had a pocket full of money. What was he thinking, going to a club with some teammates? How many 24 year old pro athletes, with no family in town, and money to spend ,would sit at home on New Years Eve? When they could go hang out with other pro athletes, like Javon Walker, Allen Iverson, etc? How many of you can honestly say you would rather sit at home?
                    you know that thing called an airplane? he could have used one of those to go home and see his family instead of going out to a bar filled with crips

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Its so easy for people to judge.. "if I was him I would have...." but how do you know? You arent him. He didnt ask to be killed by going out with the millions of other people who went out on new years. The ONLY people rsponsible for his death are the popel who murdered him. He was a victim of a senseless crime. Why are people judging him for going out to a cllub? he was 24 and its new years thats what people do. he didnt go out alone, he went out with friends and other Broncos.. It kills me that people like to judge so much. You werent him. You didnt have the same life experiences as he did so you cant say if you were him you'd do this.. cuz your not him..you dont know what you would do as a popular 24 yearold NFL player. YOu can ASSUME u know but we all know what they say about assuming

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BIG HOUSE
                        you know that thing called an airplane? he could have used one of those to go home and see his family instead of going out to a bar filled with crips


                        and somehow I doubt the club was filled with crips. I have yet to hear that the majority of the people in the club were gang affiliated..just that one group was. Its tragic enough without ASSUMING we know facts that we really dont.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          there were enough in the club that they sure made a rucus...i highly doubt 2 or 3 people would have made that big of a scene unless they had more of their "boys" around

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's not Darrents fault. It is our society's fault.

                            "I have a Dream"

                            Somehow we have got to find a way to treat each other better. It may take something drastic but this country will change for the better. One day.

                            I share "That Dream".
                            The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BIG HOUSE
                              you know that thing called an airplane? he could have used one of those to go home and see his family instead of going out to a bar filled with crips
                              Seriously man, what's wrong with you? A young man was killed and the way you reflect on his death is that he should have gotten on an airplane to see his family. Darrent went to a party with other athletes. He didn't ask to be shot.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X