No announcement yet.

Responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes i realize he didnt ask to be shot, just as javon didnt ask for his friend to die in his lap. i just find it very contradicting that everyone jumped on big ben after his motorcycle accident like he was the biggest piece of crap ever but nobody sees anything wrong with bronco celebs going out to these bars when nothing other than bad incidents ever happen....ask portis and walls what they think about the denver club scene, theyll probably tell you the exact same thing as javon and brandon will tell you now "BAD NEWS!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by BIG HOUSE
      yes i realize he didnt ask to be shot, just as javon didnt ask for his friend to die in his lap. i just find it very contradicting that everyone jumped on big ben after his motorcycle accident like he was the biggest piece of crap ever but nobody sees anything wrong with bronco celebs going out to these bars when nothing other than bad incidents ever happen....ask portis and walls what they think about the denver club scene, theyll probably tell you the exact same thing as javon and brandon will tell you now "BAD NEWS!!!!!"
      I understand the point your making and I've read the comments by various players but it's hindsight. You can't expect these guys to shut themselves off from the rest of the world. It's easy for you and I to make comments and judgments behind a keyboard but we don't know their life, their situation or their intentions.

I'm not going to make this into a situational debate with "Big Ben." That's not what this forum is about. It's a memorial for Darrent Willams and instead of honoring the life of Darrent we have comments about what he should have done. Get off the high horse and save the judgments for the low lifes that shot him.

Comment

the low lives that shot him dont even deserve to be talked about though, every sentance we make about them just gives them more time in the public eye and itis NOT warranted. im sick of always seeing and hearing about these 5'9-180lb skinny punks who cant fight with their fists. if u have a problem with someone let your fists do the talking, not weapons...i wish someone had of seen these guys so that they could be beaten down into little piles of.....

Comment

the low lives that shot him dont even deserve to be talked about though, every sentance we make about them just gives them more time in the public eye and itis NOT warranted. im sick of always seeing and hearing about these 5'9-180lb skinny punks who cant fight with their fists. if u have a problem with someone let your fists do the talking, not weapons...i wish someone had of seen these guys so that they could be beaten down into little piles of.....
          I agree using guns is a chickens way to play, but fist fighting never solves anything either.
          Last edited by ThunderGirl; 01-15-2007, 12:54 AM.

Comment

I'm done with this topic and I think you should be too. Your comments are becoming very insensitive to the subject and others aren't appreciating it including myself.

Again, this area wasn't set up for us to pass judgement on Darrent.

Comment

you know that thing called an airplane? he could have used one of those to go home and see his family instead of going out to a bar filled with crips

Your right, we should all just do exactly what the gang members dictate to us we are allowed to do. Sit inside our bomb shelter basement, eating canned goods, and drinking well water.Like cowards. Everything we do in life can result in death. Sad fact, but true. I could go to the mall, mow the lawn, go to a football game, go shopping, any one of these things can get me, or anyone else shot. Does this mean I am going to let THEM dictate how I live my life? Absolutely not!! Suppose he took that airplane home, to see his family, and that airplane was hijacked by terrorists, then you'd be here saying he got himself killed by associating with terrorists? He lived a hip-hop lifestyle, as many black AND white youths do. What type of lifestyle do you live? I'm 100% sure there are dangers in YOUR lifestyle as well. Try placing the blame where it really belongs. On the cowards who fired....one..two..three..four..five..six..seven.. eight..nine..ten..eleven..twelve..thirteen..fourte en shots into a limo with up to nine people in it. THAT is where to place the blame. :2cents:

Comment

not going to a bar isnt living your life in a bomb shelter, there are better and more productive things that can be done with a persons time then killing their liver

Comment

It was not his fault, anybody in today's age can find themselves looking down the nose of a gun...it does not make it that person's fault they are doing such, they may have accidently just set off some sociapath and did not realize it or so on.

I grew up in one of Denver's worst areas, and me and a few of my football buddies lived all in the same neighborhood and yes, it was gang infested and you got use to wearing certain colors, just so you avoided trouble and yes, I had friends that ran with those same elements...but our senior year we decided to go to the east coast and check it out for College purposes and made a senior trip out of it. We landed in Baltimore and my friend bought a car there we could drive back to Colorado in and drive all over. We checked out the schools and when we were in Pennsylvania we stopped at this restraunt that told us they would not serve us unless we sat in the colored section in the back, we were pissed...but being that three of us were black and two of us were italian/spanish mixed, well we figured it was best, after that we left Pennsylvania and got back to Maryland, unfortunatley after that we were iffy about staying that way and we went to go to D.C. and my friend Gerome's mom told us we should check out the zoo and the Smithsonian...so we went to the Smithsonian and then decided best we park the car and took the subway, which was cool because we did not have that in Colorado and at one stop a load of about fourteen or so people all decked in red got on and started flashing gang signs at us, we tried to ignore it, but I immediately realized we all had blue college teams un us, one of us was in Florida gear, I was in Duke gear and the point being is we though no trying to start anything had gone to the murder capital of the U.S. and were now facing a group of Bloods on the subway and we saw our chance and darted off the train and booked it, they tried to chase us, fortunatley we were faster and we left and took no time driving with no breaks till we were back in the mid-west.

The moral is this...it is society as it is today that is at fault for such awful crimes more and more individuals are in such elements before they reach 18 and then they are either trying to escape or they enjoy the life...but no matter if you do wrong or not, in their eyes if they hate you...then that is all it takes. There is too much hate in this world over colors...black, white, blue, yellow, brown, red, green or purple and it sometimes makes you think that if being a dog and being color blind would not make it a better place.

But no fault should go to Williams, the fault to take someone's life is soley on those who pulled the trigger or were part of any such act.

Comment

Great post Lancane - and I agree, what happened to Darrent could happen to any of us, any where.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Native
                      Great post Lancane - and I agree, what happened to Darrent could happen to any of us, any where.

Just a little example of this point: When I was about 22, I was leaving work at about 10:30 PM (worked in retail), and decided to stop at the grocery store on my way home. Now, this is a very nice area in Pasadena, CA - safe, well-policed, you never hear of anything happening there. So I pull into the parking lot, notice a group of guys in one area, and so parked away from them, near the store's door, and in a well-lit area. There was really nothing alarming about these guys (and in this area, you don't think of gangs) - they were just guys, but when you're alone and female, it's better to be safe.

I get out of the car, walk about 15 feet to go inside, and then hear 3 gunshots. By the time I got outside, the police were there, and my car was surrounded with police tape. My car had been shot - two shots - one through the driver's side window (and back out the passenger window) - exactly at head level - and another in the backseat window right. Apparently the guys in the parking lot had had a problem with some car driving by, shot at that car, but completely missed and hit my car. I missed a bullet in the head by under a minute, just by going to the grocery store, in a nice part of town.
                      Last edited by orang/blu in LA; 01-16-2007, 07:48 AM.
                      Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Awesome.

Another ignorant thread about someone who firmly believes professional athletes aren't really people, they're robots that are here solely to entertain us.

Comment

Originally posted by amywco
                          Its so easy for people to judge.. "if I was him I would have...." but how do you know? You arent him. He didnt ask to be killed by going out with the millions of other people who went out on new years. The ONLY people rsponsible for his death are the popel who murdered him. He was a victim of a senseless crime. Why are people judging him for going out to a cllub? he was 24 and its new years thats what people do. he didnt go out alone, he went out with friends and other Broncos.. It kills me that people like to judge so much. You werent him. You didnt have the same life experiences as he did so you cant say if you were him you'd do this.. cuz your not him..you dont know what you would do as a popular 24 yearold NFL player. YOu can ASSUME u know but we all know what they say about assuming
                          Good post! You're right it's funny how we like to play God! The fact that he rented a limosine shows a degree of responsibility. This was just a tragic event without trying to read more into it.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKIES
                            The fact that he rented a limosine shows a degree of responsibility.
                            DWill is a mixed bag, as all of us are. He had the ride in place, which may have shown a degree of responsibility, if it was his charter. (Did DWill charter the limo? I truly don't know.)

He left kids behind, but he wasn't married to their mother, and that alone suggests that we should question the man's sense of responsibility. A fund has been set up to take care of them. I'm surprised that they need a fund. If Darrent had put a couple of very simple plans in place to provide for his kids, that wouldn't even be an issue. Maybe he did that and we just don't know about it. The better bet is that he didn't, and that's why the fund is in place.

His death is a shame.

But his sainthood here isn't very well thought out.

Comment

Originally posted by ClevelandBronco
                              DWill is a mixed bag, as all of us are. He had the ride in place, which may have shown a degree of responsibility, if it was his charter. (Did DWill charter the limo? I truly don't know.)

He left kids behind, but he wasn't married to their mother, and that alone suggests that we should question the man's sense of responsibility. A fund has been set up to take care of them. I'm surprised that they need a fund. If Darrent had put a couple of very simple plans in place to provide for his kids, that wouldn't even be an issue. Maybe he did that and we just don't know about it. The better bet is that he didn't, and that's why the fund is in place.

His death is a shame.

But his sainthood here isn't very well thought out.
                              I had thought that the idea "Darrents Kids" was suppose to be a program he wanted to fund which would help 'kids' in general, not necessarily his own. I thought I heard that it was a program that he wanted to start and hadnt begun it, thats when Shanny had said rest assured that they would do all that is necessary to see to it that Darrents dreams would be fullfilled.
                              SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
                                Just a little example of this point: When I was about 22, I was leaving work at about 10:30 PM (worked in retail), and decided to stop at the grocery store on my way home. Now, this is a very nice area in Pasadena, CA - safe, well-policed, you never hear of anything happening there. So I pull into the parking lot, notice a group of guys in one area, and so parked away from them, near the store's door, and in a well-lit area. There was really nothing alarming about these guys (and in this area, you don't think of gangs) - they were just guys, but when you're alone and female, it's better to be safe.

I get out of the car, walk about 15 feet to go inside, and then hear 3 gunshots. By the time I got outside, the police were there, and my car was surrounded with police tape. My car had been shot - two shots - one through the driver's side window (and back out the passenger window) - exactly at head level - and another in the backseat window right. Apparently the guys in the parking lot had had a problem with some car driving by, shot at that car, but completely missed and hit my car. I missed a bullet in the head by under a minute, just by going to the grocery store, in a nice part of town.
                                No gangs in Pasadena? You sure about that? I have been out there many times and have noticed some bad apples. I think it is when someone thinks, "Cant happen here, no way!" is when you are most vulnerable.
                                SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X