• NFLPA creates Darrent Williams Trust Fund

This is a class act!

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_5028408

NFLPA creates Darrent Williams Trust Fund
    By Bill Williamson
    Denver Post NFL, Broncos Beat Reporter
    denverpost.com
    Article Last Updated:01/17/2007 01:23:41 AM MST

The NFL Players Association has created the Darrent Williams Trust Fund in memory of the Broncos cornerback who was murdered in Denver on New Year's Day. The trust fund will help with education expenses for Williams' two children.

The NFLPA will make a donation to the trust fund and ask for support from players next season. There have been previous trust funds set up by the NFLPA for children of active players who have died. The Broncos began a similar fund for Williams' children in the days after his death at age 24.

The address for the Darrent Williams Trust Fund is c/o NFL Players Association, 2021 L Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20036.

The Broncos continue to meet with community groups with the goal of establishing a long- term relationships with those groups in Williams' memory.

Demond Williams, Williams' uncle, said the family continues to try to cope with the tragedy. He said the family has received flowers and notes from teams and players. San Francisco cornerback Walt Harris sent a jersey and letter to the family.

"The support has helped," Demond Williams said. "It's been a couple of weeks, but it is still very hard on everybody. The support and kind words we have received are helping very much."

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!
Working...
X