X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by ClevelandBronco
    Yeah, but I did mean to type "Capone," so you would have been correct.

Oh, I realize. But it's beneath me to kick sand in people's eyes when they make a casual error.
    Last edited by sbutk; 01-23-2007, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ClevelandBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by sbutk
    While I was about to rip into you for your typo, it worked out fortuitously in your case. They were, indeed, both guilty of tax evasion. Touche.

Yeah, but I did mean to type "Capone," so you would have been correct.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by ClevelandBronco
    When our legal system can prove that citizens are gathering unpeaceably, they are empowered to charge, try and convict individual citizens.

The rights guaranteed to "gang members" are the same rights that protect your Bible study group, your rugby team, your sewing circle, or your radical fringe political party.

I'm just guessing here, but I'm willing to bet that you're nowhere near as qualified as James Madison and Thomas Jefferson to define how this republic should work.

Capote? He was charged and convicted for personal income tax evasion. He was convicted for failing to report his gain as an individual taxpayer, not as a member of any organization that was larger than that.

Try again.

While I was about to rip into you for your typo, it worked out fortuitously in your case. They were, indeed, both guilty of tax evasion. Touche.

Leave a comment:

• ClevelandBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander
    Key word in there is PEACEABLY, when was the last time gangs and peace where in the same sentence. Besides, they could be arrested for otherthings other then, being a gang member, just like they got Capone in Taxes not all the "Gang land" stuff
    When our legal system can prove that citizens are gathering unpeaceably, they are empowered to charge, try and convict individual citizens.

The rights guaranteed to "gang members" are the same rights that protect your Bible study group, your rugby team, your sewing circle, or your radical fringe political party.

I'm just guessing here, but I'm willing to bet that you're nowhere near as qualified as James Madison and Thomas Jefferson to define how this republic should work.

Capote? He was charged and convicted for personal income tax evasion. He was convicted for failing to report his gain as an individual taxpayer, not as a member of any organization that was larger than that.

Try again.
    Last edited by ClevelandBronco; 01-20-2007, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• champbronc2
    replied
    It sure does.

Leave a comment:

• ThunderGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOS4LIFE8
    How in the world does the Denver police expect to catch the guys they think may have been involved in this murder, if they dont release any pictures of the suspects. Also why dont they get the story on Americas Most Wanted with the guys they are looking for.

Lastly i think the NFL should put up a Million Dollar award for someone to turn these guys in. Their are people out their who were not in that SUV who knows exactly what happened because the morons told them. A Million will make people spill the beans.

Just my opinion
    The police will not release the names or pictures of suspects for flight risk reasons, potential vigilantes and possible harm to uninvolved people, also lawsuits could be filed if the police falsly arrest someone.

In the Latest News catagory there is an story from I believe a week ago that tells you alot about the recent progress in D-Will's case.
    It says that the police know who they are looking for and that the police have known who the suspects are since between January 2-4. It was also reported that the DPD might have solved another murder in the process of this investigation and the reason there have been no arrests is, there are legal issues that need to be tied up before any arrests can be made.

If you want to read the full story here is the link:
    http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=1.1.1

I think it is a good sign the police are not asking for the publics help anymore. The less said the better, as bad as that suck!

The reward money that has been put up by the Broncos was really tremendous. I thought the NFL would might pitch in money to, but surprise, surprise....they didn't.

I am positive the DPD will have the solved. That is when I think the healing will start for his family, friend and fans.

I hope the article eases your mind a bit!

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Key word in there is PEACEABLY, when was the last time gangs and peace where in the same sentence. Besides, they could be arrested for otherthings other then, being a gang member, just like they got Capone in Taxes not all the "Gang land" stuff

Leave a comment:

• ClevelandBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by AuntKatie27
    They need to arrest every gang member and put them all in jail...
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

They could arrest every gang member, as you suggest, but then they would have to let them all go again when it was shown that there was not enough evidence to charge individuals with the crimes that you'd like to attribute to the gangs.

Look, very capable law enforcement authorities are working the case to the best of their abilities within the framework of our laws.

Leave the "lock 'em all up" platitudes to the politicians.

Leave a comment:

• AuntKatie27
    replied
    They need to arrest every gang member and put them all in jail. I'm tired of hearing about gangs and that most of them are probably to blame for several deaths and yet they do nothing about it. They just let them continue to shoot and kill because they have no evidence that they did it. May God help the DPD find these people so that justice can be served.

RIP Darrent. We will all miss you.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    I hope so, but then again the DPD could not find the person that killed my brother almost 5 years ago
    Last edited by Southstander; 01-22-2007, 01:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Br0nc0sF4n@415
    replied
    another tupac event.....

Leave a comment:

• coco
    replied
    The first 48 hours are key in any investigation, If the culprits arent caught in that time frame, or if any substantial lead hasent been found, the chances of solving the case are severly affected with each passing day.

Sadly, if someone isint willing to come forward with info, I really dont feel this will be solved.

JC.

Leave a comment:

• CHARLIEADAMSFAN
    replied
    sadly i dont think these guys are gonna be caught

Leave a comment:

• Denver Native
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOS4LIFE8
    How in the world does the Denver police expect to catch the guys they think may have been involved in this murder, if they dont release any pictures of the suspects. Also why dont they get the story on Americas Most Wanted with the guys they are looking for.

Lastly i think the NFL should put up a Million Dollar award for someone to turn these guys in. Their are people out their who were not in that SUV who knows exactly what happened because the morons told them. A Million will make people spill the beans.

Just my opinion
    This was mentioned already on America's Most Wanted a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if it has been mentioned since. The police have given all the airports pictures, and I am sure there is alot of other stuff they have done/are doing that should not be public right now.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    They don't release pictures because since it's a gang thing, they don't want people to be tipped off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X