Well done Denver staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done Denver staff

Kenny McKinleys death is a sobering reminder we are all human. It's a shame someone has to pass, but it is a part of life. I appreciate the fact the
    Denver Broncos went out of their way to remember him with a guaranteed memoriam pop up when you log on to this site.

While football in America allows us to take a break from life during our Sunday afternoons, we all quickly forget life is short and should be praised and appreciated. Thank you denverbroncos.com for doing the right thing. My thoughts, as well as yours, goes out to the family of Kenny. R.I.P.

Now let's go out and smoke the Cots for Kenny!
    sigpic

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

They did the same thing for Darrent & Damien, so I was expecting them to do so for Kenny. In fact, I kept reloading the page to see when they got it up.

It's very sad to hear, especially after reading everything.

It just goes to show you that you never really know what's going on in someone else's head.

Comment

Whhhhhhhy?

3 broncos gone.

Why!?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
        Whhhhhhhy?

3 broncos gone.

Why!?
        depression and suicide are a confusing aspect of life. as a psychologist for 15 years i still dont understand all the dynamics involved in why someone would feel they cant go on or there is nothing to go on for. most important now is to not focus your energy on why, or what could have been done, as much as what we can do for those who are going to feel the loss of this tragedy for years to come. put all your love and energy into helping them cope and deal with this loss and to them finding peace and hope in their futures. my heart is with them tonight

Comment

seems like everywhere we turn, something bad happens to the Bronco organization.
          sigpic

Comment

Tribute Video Up
            http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...d-dd3240ca93f1
            sigpic

Comment

I'm all for sending good wishes to his family -

From a practical point, though, IF it is a suicide (which reports are suggesting), then there shouldn't be any kind of hyped up memorial. It's tragic, yes. But honoring people when the commit suicide sends a dangerous message to people who are considering it.

I say this with a perspective from an actual therapist background.

Comment

Originally posted by saltparrot View Post

From a practical point, though, IF it is a suicide (which reports are suggesting), then there shouldn't be any kind of hyped up memorial. It's tragic, yes. But honoring people when the commit suicide sends a dangerous message to people who are considering it.

It's not about glorify suicide.

It's remembering a celebrating a life.

Demonetization of people committing suicide is rather unjust. Comes from people who cannot know what is going on or occurring.

Suicide hurts more than just the person doing it. It's not looking looking for attention.

It's deeper.

It's Darker.

It's a scary place.
                sigpic

Comment

I must ask. Who do you think memorials are for? Perhaps there is some confusion between borderline personality tendencies and a motive to end one's life. Out of respect, please understand, as previously posted, the latter is not attention seeking.

I would expect someone with a therapeutic background to be able to differentiate.

Comment

One thing that will never change is the class that this organization shows towards its players when tragedy befalls them. Thanks Pat.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

wow. just. wow.

i always knew shrinks didn't really care.
                      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
                        depression and suicide are a confusing aspect of life. as a psychologist for 15 years i still dont understand all the dynamics involved in why someone would feel they cant go on or there is nothing to go on for. most important now is to not focus your energy on why, or what could have been done, as much as what we can do for those who are going to feel the loss of this tragedy for years to come. put all your love and energy into helping them cope and deal with this loss and to them finding peace and hope in their futures. my heart is with them tonight

So here we have a psychologist who is understanding and a therapist who doesn't understand the effects of suicide on those who knew him! Saltparrot? If you truly do have a background in therapy, then you of all people should know the effects of suicide are on those who are left behind.
                        :logo:
                        :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                        Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                        Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                        Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

M deepest condolences go out to his freinds and most importantly is family. I have a great respect for this organization for the way they handle these type of issues. Their will be a press confrence tomorrow i believ by McD about this.

This is truly a sad day in the Denver community and the NFL as a whole. RIP Kenny and tell D-Will and Nash we said whats up.
                          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

What I'm saying is not about not honoring him, and certainly not about supporting the family.

What I'm talking about is more of in the social setting (typically schools), it's not a good idea to give great deals of attention. Because other people who are or may be considering it, see the attention that it gets and it can encourage them to do the same.

It's not about not caring for the departed, but about being careful about those who are still with us. Again, usually, this refers to school settings, or other places where there are a large number of peers.

I'm not trying to take anything away from McKinley, and certainly not from his family and friends who deserve and need all of the support they can get. Celebrations, and memorials IF (and it still remains to be officially stated) it's a suicide can have consequences on other people in similar situations.

That is just my two cents - it's not about NOT caring for him, but about being careful with others.

I realize my original comment offended some, and I hope this clarifies or explains things. Regardless, I'm not going to comment further, because I don't think this is the appropriate place for that type of discussion.

But again, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends, and I hope that they find the strength to get through this.

Comment

Mourning not a Message

This is about mourning the loss of a promising young man. I have experienced loss in many different ways. Loss is loss.

Analyzing situations like this tend to be a barrier to a persons own mourning.
                              Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Working...
                              X