X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by MNBroncs85 View Post
    same here it was so tough to watch mcd and woodyard speak. even though its a death on my beloved sports team. it really felt like i lost someone close.
    That's because it is someone close.

We fans love our team, love our players and that's why we see so much emotion after every win and after every loss.

Kenny had his knee injury issues plague him and without speculating, wonder if that was getting to him. He loved this game. He loved this team. Just like we all learned to love him.

It's OK to be sad even if none of us actually shook his hand or got to say hello on the street.

The Broncos and we the fans are a family.

We just lost part of that.

Leave a comment:

• MNBroncs85
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    It was difficult not to get choked up watching the presser.

The nature of this whole thing is obviously already under debate which is going to make it more difficult to accept.
    same here it was so tough to watch mcd and woodyard speak. even though its a death on my beloved sports team. it really felt like i lost someone close.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    ... situations like this, I'm not usually prone to tears.

After watching Josh McDaniels and Wesley Woodyard, I have them.

Requiescat in Pace, Kenny M.
    It was difficult not to get choked up watching the presser.

The nature of this whole thing is obviously already under debate which is going to make it more difficult to accept.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    In ...

... situations like this, I'm not usually prone to tears.

After watching Josh McDaniels and Wesley Woodyard, I have them.

Requiescat in Pace, Kenny M.

Leave a comment:

• johnjoda
    replied
    Mourning not a Message

Originally posted by saltparrot View Post
    I'm all for sending good wishes to his family -

From a practical point, though, IF it is a suicide (which reports are suggesting), then there shouldn't be any kind of hyped up memorial. It's tragic, yes. But honoring people when the commit suicide sends a dangerous message to people who are considering it.

I say this with a perspective from an actual therapist background.
    This is about mourning the loss of a promising young man. I have experienced loss in many different ways. Loss is loss.

Analyzing situations like this tend to be a barrier to a persons own mourning.

Leave a comment:

• saltparrot
    replied
    What I'm saying is not about not honoring him, and certainly not about supporting the family.

What I'm talking about is more of in the social setting (typically schools), it's not a good idea to give great deals of attention. Because other people who are or may be considering it, see the attention that it gets and it can encourage them to do the same.

It's not about not caring for the departed, but about being careful about those who are still with us. Again, usually, this refers to school settings, or other places where there are a large number of peers.

I'm not trying to take anything away from McKinley, and certainly not from his family and friends who deserve and need all of the support they can get. Celebrations, and memorials IF (and it still remains to be officially stated) it's a suicide can have consequences on other people in similar situations.

That is just my two cents - it's not about NOT caring for him, but about being careful with others.

I realize my original comment offended some, and I hope this clarifies or explains things. Regardless, I'm not going to comment further, because I don't think this is the appropriate place for that type of discussion.

But again, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends, and I hope that they find the strength to get through this.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    M deepest condolences go out to his freinds and most importantly is family. I have a great respect for this organization for the way they handle these type of issues. Their will be a press confrence tomorrow i believ by McD about this.

This is truly a sad day in the Denver community and the NFL as a whole. RIP Kenny and tell D-Will and Nash we said whats up.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
    depression and suicide are a confusing aspect of life. as a psychologist for 15 years i still dont understand all the dynamics involved in why someone would feel they cant go on or there is nothing to go on for. most important now is to not focus your energy on why, or what could have been done, as much as what we can do for those who are going to feel the loss of this tragedy for years to come. put all your love and energy into helping them cope and deal with this loss and to them finding peace and hope in their futures. my heart is with them tonight

From a practical point, though, IF it is a suicide (which reports are suggesting), then there shouldn't be any kind of hyped up memorial. It's tragic, yes. But honoring people when the commit suicide sends a dangerous message to people who are considering it.

So here we have a psychologist who is understanding and a therapist who doesn't understand the effects of suicide on those who knew him! Saltparrot? If you truly do have a background in therapy, then you of all people should know the effects of suicide are on those who are left behind.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied

wow. just. wow.

i always knew shrinks didn't really care.

Leave a comment:

• floridabroncos
    replied
    One thing that will never change is the class that this organization shows towards its players when tragedy befalls them. Thanks Pat.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSynapses
    replied

I must ask. Who do you think memorials are for? Perhaps there is some confusion between borderline personality tendencies and a motive to end one's life. Out of respect, please understand, as previously posted, the latter is not attention seeking.

I would expect someone with a therapeutic background to be able to differentiate.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied

It's not about glorify suicide.

It's remembering a celebrating a life.

Demonetization of people committing suicide is rather unjust. Comes from people who cannot know what is going on or occurring.

Suicide hurts more than just the person doing it. It's not looking looking for attention.

It's deeper.

It's Darker.

It's a scary place.

Leave a comment:

• saltparrot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied
    Tribute Video Up
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...d-dd3240ca93f1

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    seems like everywhere we turn, something bad happens to the Bronco organization.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X