Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos to draft QB first round next tear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos to draft QB first round next tear?

With Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, and Cody Pickett in College, the Broncos might just be thinking about trading up this draft (If Jake doesn't perform well)! There are so many college QBs worth looking at.
    Yes
    42.50%
    No
    57.50%
    "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
    "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
    "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

- Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

trade up?

shanahan doesn't like taking qbs high. he'll get a qb but not in the first.

Comment

Re: Broncos to draft QB first round next tear?

Originally posted by Chubs_323
      With Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, and Cody Pickett in College, the Broncos might just be thinking about trading up this draft (If Jake doesn't perform well)! There are so many college QBs worth looking at.
      If the Broncos are as successful as we hope, they won't pick high enough to get Manning. Rivers is very athletic, and has worked a pro-style offense, but Shanny will be looking to groom a back up, unless Plummer fails. I think Rivers has NFL starter potential.

Who the heck is Cody Pickett? Please don't hate me if I am being ignorant on this one.

The young kid at Pitt has pro size, but he needs work. I think he's a sophmore.

Same thing with the kid at Penn State. Pro size, OK arm, but needs polish. He's only a junior though.

They aren't coming out this year anyway.

There's a kid at Tulane who looks like he has a ton of potential. J.P. Lohsman. Giid size, Pro-style offense, throws deep a lot, good mobility without being a happy footed scrambler type. He would probably fit in really well in the Denver offense.

Of course, they said the same things about Ryan Leaf.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

other notable College QBs

-Cody Pickett is the QB for Washington-

Some other good ones are:

Craig Krenzel (Ohio State)- Doesn't have great numbers but gets the job done

Josh Harris (Bowling Green)- Amazingly talented and led Bowling Green to a top 25 ranking part of last year

Timmy Chang (Hawaii)- Natural passer who is expected to lead Hawaii to the top of the WAC

I think Harris would be a good pick. He won't get much attention for playing in the MAC, so the Broncos could get him later in the draft.
        "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Krenzel, of better or for worse, is pretty much not gonna be a pro QB. This was a sore debate back on the PA/OH border where I was before. We had one of the Steelers scouts on the radio last year, right after OSU won the championship, and he said the consensus is that yes, he wins, but so what? He didn't know of one team that thought Krenzel had the physical tools to be a pro QB, not even as a backup. Needless to say, he generated a LOT of phone calls. I believe him though. Why would I disagree, I am just a DJ.

The kid from Hawaii I have heard of, and June Jones used to be a pro coach, so he would be a pretty polished pick.

The kid from Bowling Green I know nothing about, but I will keep and eye out for him.

Sorry about not knowing about Pickett. I am new to the west coast. I am sure I WILL hear about him, maybe even see him play on TV.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

more good college QBs

Bradley Van Pelt (CSU)- Van Pelt showed he can throw agains CU on saturday against CU. Multiple publications have compared him to Michael Vick

Luke McCown (La. Tech)- Luke has a bunch of talent, but he plays for Louisiana Tech

John Navarre (Michigan)- John has been predicted to lead Michigan to a Big 10 title this season, and is a possible Heisman candidate.

Catching my drift about drafting a QB high in the draft?

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Re: trade up?

Originally posted by rosco
              shanahan doesn't like taking qbs high. he'll get a qb but not in the first.
              Same was said of offensive linemen untill this year, and then took Foster in the first round. He would have to convinced that the qb was the real deal, otherwise he rather pick one further down the draft and develope him for a few years. That being said I don't see that happening right now.
              Last edited by TXBRONC; 09-03-2003, 01:02 AM.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Remember, I am talking about if Jake doesn't do well this season.

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

I understand you chubs, and even if does do well Jake is in his 7th year as pro and you take a qb bring him along slow maybe he could challenge Jake in about 3 or 4 seasons. By then Jake will be either in his 10th or 11th season and just never know when a guys skill are going to deteriorate.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

That's a good point. Who do you guys think the Broncos should try to get?

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

I know its not realistic but I would love Denver to draft Eli Manning. But I will have admit right now I am at loss for who might be available next year other than Manning. That being said Shanahan would probably draft a qb in the middle rounds of the draft. The one thing could change all of this depends on the defense and how it preforms this year. If Bertrand Berry or Reggie Hayward are not able to preform at the RDE spot I wouldn't be suprised if Shanahan chooses a DE in the first round. So now that I completely muddied the waters Chubs what qb do you think the Broncos could draft?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I think the Broncos should take a hard look at both Josh Harris and Bradley Van Pelt. Both probably would be available later in the draft. Harris is incredibly talented and, as I said before, Van Pelt has been called a "poor man's Michale Vick". But then again, I am a big CSU fan.

Did you hear? Marcus Vick (you know who's younger brother) is now going to play at Virginia Tech.

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

I have seen Bradlee run and he moves very well but doen't he suspect arm? Please go ease on Chubs I not very familiar with CSU.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Van Pelt threw for over 300 yards against CU. He can also throw pretty good on the run.

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs_323
                              Van Pelt threw for over 300 yards against CU. He can also throw pretty good on the run.
                              Oh yeah, and that kid from CU Klatt he threw for over 400 didn't he?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X