Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos to draft QB first round next tear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but against UCLA he threw for less than 200. Van
    Pelt threw for 317 against Cal.
    Last edited by Chubs_323; 09-07-2003, 08:56 PM.
    "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
    "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
    "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

- Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Because Cal's got a tough defense.

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
      Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
      Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

Re: Re: Broncos to draft QB first round next tear?

Originally posted by Jared
        If the Broncos are as successful as we hope, they won't pick high enough to get Manning. Rivers is very athletic, and has worked a pro-style offense, but Shanny will be looking to groom a back up, unless Plummer fails. I think Rivers has NFL starter potential.

Who the heck is Cody Pickett? Please don't hate me if I am being ignorant on this one.

The young kid at Pitt has pro size, but he needs work. I think he's a sophmore.

Same thing with the kid at Penn State. Pro size, OK arm, but needs polish. He's only a junior though.

They aren't coming out this year anyway.

There's a kid at Tulane who looks like he has a ton of potential. J.P. Lohsman. Giid size, Pro-style offense, throws deep a lot, good mobility without being a happy footed scrambler type. He would probably fit in really well in the Denver offense.

Of course, they said the same things about Ryan Leaf.
        I saw that kid from Tulane against TCU he looked pretty good. Their is also a kid from Memphis State who out played Eli this weekend. However I think he is only a junior and unless he as a killer season he probably wont come out this year.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Who are the Steelers to judge QBs/ Can you say Kordell Stewart? The last 2 QBs Pittsburg drafted are OUTSTANDING WRs. Stewart & Randel El, at least 1 of them was enough of a team player to realize it and is doing quite well at WR/Returner. As far as tools how long did Flutie play, what about Jim Harbaugh? The last QB at OSU that had the abilities that Krenzel has was Art Schleister, and we know thta he went south because of gambling. Krenzel I think would be a good choice for the Broncos, his arm is strong enough, he can run when he has to, he doesn't make bad decisions. Didn't Brian have the tools? All but 2 and arm and a heart! Craig Krenzel is a leader, which above your QB needs to be. If we dont think he has an arm ask Purdue down late in the 4th last year, he takes the snap, rolls right, steps up to avoid the rush, and completes a pass for a 45 yarded. Oh, yeah I forgot Gamble was on the LEFT SIDELINE!

Comment

The Van Pelt/ Klatt guys seem to be homers, which I think is great, but dont you think the Pass "D" was HORRIBLE? For goodness sake there was 1000 yds "O" in the game!

Comment

What about the possibility of trying to get the rights to Drew Henson(UM) from Houston? I really hate to say it, considering that he is from Michigan and I bleed Scarlet & Gray, but he really is a stud!

Comment

Originally posted by bwisor
                What about the possibility of trying to get the rights to Drew Henson(UM) from Houston? I really hate to say it, considering that he is from Michigan and I bleed Scarlet & Gray, but he really is a stud!
                That might be a possibility but there might be better talent out there from this year's class. As much as it might be a pipe dream I think it would be great if Denver were to get Eli Manning.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Krenzel already said that he doesn't plan on playing football after college. He majors in "Molecular Genetics" and plans on being a some kind of sceintist. Although it would be nice to see him play in the NFL(Denver especially)but I don't think it's going to happen.
                  The only thing that calms me down is watching the Denver Broncos play 60minutes of football!!!

Comment

What do you guys think about Brock Berlin? He didn't play well early against Florida, but he did turn it around in the 2nd half. He's only a junior, but I think he could be a good pick up by the Broncos in 2005.
                    "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
                    "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
                    "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

- Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005

- I adopted CECIL SAPP

Comment

Krenzel is a winner and leader I not sure he has enough in way of an arm to be a starting qb at the pro level. I will however admit I most certainly could be wrong.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

How bout some DBs?

I think the offence is pretty well set 'cept for an aging line. I've always been weary of the secondary since the Atwater era ended. I'd like to see some quality DBs in the mix for sure. I also have to warn Chubs and Jared about Tim Chang out of Hawaii. Yes June Jones is the greatest thing to happen to Hawaii football, but the main reason he plays Chang is to boost ticket sales (he's a local boy). Tim put up the most passing yardage last year but he also had the most attempts and his completion record isn't the best. He is also known for hanging in the pocket and either getting sacked or hurrying the throw (without good results). He is a redshirt Jr. this year so maybe he's learned. If you want to see him watch Fox2 this Saturday 9/13/03 when they play #4 USC.

Comment

A GREAT DB would be Ohio State's #4 Will Allen. He gets at least one INT. every time he plays, not to mention I went to high school with him, he was our CB and I was the FB/DT, with Will's collegiate teamate #86 WR John Hollins. We all went to Wayne High School in Huber Heights, Ohio. Will is going to be a high draft pick next year, that boy can cover anyone, he is always around the ball and he is the one who blew out Willis MaGahee's knee in the Fiesta Bowl. He'll go either in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round. Denver needs to look into this kid. He's like the next coming of Deion Sanders or Charles Woodson.
                          The only thing that calms me down is watching the Denver Broncos play 60minutes of football!!!

Comment

Gentlemen, with all due respect, we have good dbs. And if they build on what did on Sunday drafting db will not be a priority.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Maybe we will go after another WR to back up Rod.
                              The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

We have four young receivers already, Lelie, Cole, Madise and Nate Jackson on the practice squad. I think it would still be a good idea to get a qb and start grooming the him to be the eventual starter. Remember Jake is already in his 7th year, and it takes about four years to develope a qb, so by that time Jake would be in his 11th season as pro.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X