Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos to draft QB first round next tear?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Jared your saying that San Fran is carrying four qbs? I can understand three but four? Too me that seems like a waste of spot on the roster.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



    Thanks Snk16

    Comment


    • #47
      another good college QB

      Ben Roethlisberger (Miami (Oh))- Natural passer who has some manuverability.

      Ben is playing Saturday here in Fort Collins agaist my rams. He is a good QB, but he'll stink against CSU!

      Seriously though, he is good, and another QB for a no name school, which means he could be avialable later in the draft.
      "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
      "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
      "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

      - Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005




      - I adopted CECIL SAPP

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: another good college QB

        Originally posted by Chubs_323
        Ben Roethlisberger (Miami (Oh))- Natural passer who has some manuverability.

        Ben is playing Saturday here in Fort Collins agaist my rams. He is a good QB, but he'll stink against CSU!

        Seriously though, he is good, and another QB for a no name school, which means he could be avialable later in the draft.
        Ok, so he didn't stink against CSU. In fact, he kicked our butts. All more the reason to look at him more closely.
        "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
        "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
        "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

        - Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005




        - I adopted CECIL SAPP

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by TXBRONC
          Jared your saying that San Fran is carrying four qbs? I can understand three but four? Too me that seems like a waste of spot on the roster.
          That is my understanding. When the 53 man roster was finalized, I remember an article tha even mentioned that Erikson was impressed with all the QB's he had left, so he kept them all.

          I think it is a waste too, but hey. He's the coach, its his call.

          Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

          The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Jared
            That is my understanding. When the 53 man roster was finalized, I remember an article tha even mentioned that Erikson was impressed with all the QB's he had left, so he kept them all.

            I think it is a waste too, but hey. He's the coach, its his call.
            Exactly. And now it's a moot point because they are carrying three qbs and I would not if that will be for the remaider of the season.
            John 11: 25-27

            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



            Thanks Snk16

            Comment


            • #51
              TC for Broncos

              If the Broncos want to develop a young QB, Chang would fit perfectly into this offense. Unfortunately he is still a Junior so unless he decides to enter the draft this year he won't be available yet. But the Broncos should wait for him. Not only did he throw to Lelie in college, he has pinpoint accuracy, can absolutely launch the deep ball, and best of all, he can scramble (although currently his coach forbids it, which is really frustrating as a fan, cause he's fast). As a UH fan, I used to be down on Chang because of his int's. He has had that tendency in previous years, as well as poor leadership qualities. And although UH got smoked by USC, if you watched the UNLV game, Chang was unbelievable for the 1st half, as a leader and a QB. The second half he threw 3 int's but everyone here is starting to realize it's because of June Jone's play calling---Jones refused to run the ball at all in the second half (I mean at all. nothing. zero.) which allowed the defense to commit to defending the pass alone. They were all over our receivers. People will say that he shouldn't have thrownn the pass then, but that's all the coach was calling, all the while telling Chang to make something happen since UH was down. So, his only option was to throw risky passes to try to make something happen, or just give up. Predictably, he got picked. It kind of reminds me of Plummer's scenario in AZ. Also, Chang is routinely asked to throw 60 plus times a game. Basically, Jones puts every game on his shoulders alone. He still manages to complete around 55% of his passes despite throwing the whole freaking game and with defenders catching on. Bring him into the Broncos offensive system where there is an actual running game to lift pressure off of him and allow him to get in a rhythm, and he will amaze everyone. (He was 6 for 6 with a TD in the one drive where Jones mixed in several run plays against UNLV).

              One more thing-- I don't know what that previous guy was talking about that Timmy Chang just stays in the pocket and takes sacks. He hardly ever gets sacked. Against USC's supposedly #1 defensive line, and with only one returning linebacker to protect him, he was only sacked twice. Just watch him--he sniffs out the blitz and is very Jake/Snake-like in his scramble to the outside, where he will usually find an open receiver for the completion. He is GREAT at avoiding the sack.

              Comment


              • #52
                Tim Chang-not this year

                If winuh read my first post where I said that Tim Chang from Hawaii hangs in the pocket, he will notice that I wrote it before the USC game so that was based before he took a snap this year. He did bad in that game-one against BIG DOGS. He was impressive for 2 1/2 quarters in the UNLV game, showing mobility outside the tackles but because he would rather throw than run through a wide open secondary, after the first TD UNLV wouldn't bite when he would get open and run to the line of scrimage. Thats when UH started to fade. I know that Jones won't let him run, but when you have 20 yards open in front of you, just run and slide. That will open up receivers next time. He has a hell of a cannon. I knew that when I saw him as a high school jr. If winuh wants futher discussions on this we can take this to the UH message board.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Chang rocks!

                  Originally posted by Hawaiian Bronco
                  If winuh read my first post where I said that Tim Chang from Hawaii hangs in the pocket, he will notice that I wrote it before the USC game so that was based before he took a snap this year. He did bad in that game-one against BIG DOGS. He was impressive for 2 1/2 quarters in the UNLV game, showing mobility outside the tackles but because he would rather throw than run through a wide open secondary, after the first TD UNLV wouldn't bite when he would get open and run to the line of scrimage. Thats when UH started to fade. I know that Jones won't let him run, but when you have 20 yards open in front of you, just run and slide. That will open up receivers next time. He has a hell of a cannon. I knew that when I saw him as a high school jr. If winuh wants futher discussions on this we can take this to the UH message board.
                  Chang is awesome! I've watched him play and I'm quite impressed.
                  "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
                  "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
                  "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

                  - Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005




                  - I adopted CECIL SAPP

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Tim Chang-not this year

                    Originally posted by Hawaiian Bronco
                    If winuh read my first post where I said that Tim Chang from Hawaii hangs in the pocket, he will notice that I wrote it before the USC game so that was based before he took a snap this year. He did bad in that game-one against BIG DOGS. He was impressive for 2 1/2 quarters in the UNLV game, showing mobility outside the tackles but because he would rather throw than run through a wide open secondary, after the first TD UNLV wouldn't bite when he would get open and run to the line of scrimage. Thats when UH started to fade. I know that Jones won't let him run, but when you have 20 yards open in front of you, just run and slide. That will open up receivers next time. He has a hell of a cannon. I knew that when I saw him as a high school jr. If winuh wants futher discussions on this we can take this to the UH message board.
                    I saw part of the USC game and it was not all his fault. I really don't know much about him but he seems to have a decent arm.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      What do you guys think about that kid from San Diego State? Last year he had a ton of yards. But they had to pass, their run game was zero. Plus he had a couple of good recievers that he doesn't have anymore.
                      "I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl whod get really mad if she heard me say that."
                      "I think a rotisserie is like a really morbid ferris wheel for chickens."
                      "I chewed a piece of Care-free gum, but afterwords i was still worried."

                      - Mitch Hedberg, 1967-2005




                      - I adopted CECIL SAPP

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        You mean Hall? He's out. Maybe not all year, but out. The replacement is some kid named dgoulecki or something like that. Impossible to spell and pronounce. Seems like he's got potential. Apparently played second fiddle to Chris Rix in high school for a while, and then when Rix mouthed off to his coach senior year (what a damn suprise!), this dglouecki kid took them to a title of some sort. He is suppoed to be good, but not as good as hall.

                        Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                        The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I was really wanting the Broncos to draft Dorsey.Just because of what the scouts say. Scouting means nothing. It is how they play on the field in a game. He only lost one. That game against Ohio State the refs lost that one for them.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            broncos should definitely draft a CB or a Center in the first round
                            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                            I tried to warn ya.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Casey Clausen from Tennessee has a pretty decent arm... and should be available in later rounds.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Whoever says the broncos should draft a QB isnt thinking too hard. No doubt, a CB or Safety should be drafted 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round, then some o lineman, THEN a QB!
                                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                                I tried to warn ya.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X