Trade RUMOR, Niners & Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade RUMOR, Niners & Chargers

This has been going on across all of the radio stations in the BAY area.

The Niners and Chargers are in Serious negotiations and one of two option will possibly be taking place, this is what they are suppose to be sorting out now.

Option # 1) The Niners send their 1st pick overall and Julian Peterson to the Chargers for the Chargers two 1st round picks ( # 12 and # 28 ) and Drew Brees.

Option #2) The Niners send their 1st pick overall to the Chargers for their # 12th pick and Philip Rivers.

They are also stating that the reason the Chargers are wanting to do the trade so badly is because they want BRAYLON EDWARDS from Michigan.

I mind you, this is a RUMOR from another site.

Thats pretty interesting. If I were the Chargers, I'd send Rivers.

This is in the wrong forum. Should be in RUMOR MILL or OTHER NFL TEAMS.

Comment

o well
      but it is interesting

Comment

I dont think the Chargers can realistically keep Brees and trade Rivers quite yet. They have to make certain Brees was not a fluke first. Plus, the cap hit from trading Rivers would be extreme. Like crazy extreme. However, they could certainly trade Brees.

The problem with this rumor in my eyes is that Tim Rattay is a good QB. When he's healthy, he's actually a great QB. Plus, he is basically a mirror image of Brees. So, this trade makes zero sense.

Finally, why would the Chargers trade up to acquire a top WR prospect. They should have a good chance of getting Mike Williams or Troy Williamson if they stay put. The difference between those players and Edwards is not that extreme. Edwards is better, but not worth the cost of trading up.

Comment

First off, the Chargers can't trade Brees because they tagged him, so I don't know what the deal is with that. So the Niners are out of luck with that one...

Fatty rumor so far.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Brees

Originally posted by RealBronco
            First off, the Chargers can't trade Brees because they tagged him, so I don't know what the deal is with that. So the Niners are out of luck with that one...

Fatty rumor so far.
            The tag on Brees means nothing. C. Woodson was tagged and signed the tender but is being shopped. D. Darius tagged and being shopped, same with D. Howard, possibly even E. James or S. Alexander. The tag does not hinder a trade. Often, it facilitates it.

Comment

Yeah, Oakland Diddnt think that Woodson would want to sign the Franchise sheet, but he did now they dont know what to do.
              visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                C.B. wasn’t franchised… he had 1 more year on his contract (if I’m not mistaken)

he was franchised

Comment

Trading Peterson makes sense, he's been kind of a pain in the front office's ass when it comes to contract negotiations over the last couple years. But w/ his recent injury, i don't know if he's worth a 1st rounder or not.™
                  This space for rent

Comment

Working...
                  X