Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRADE - bree's to SF for #1 pick!!!

this has been going around the colts message board and profootball.com

there was a huge rumor on that the other day, but then chris mortenson said there was no truth to it...SD does not want to trade rivers..

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
      there was a huge rumor on that the other day, but then chris mortenson said there was no truth to it...SD does not want to trade rivers..
      not river, brees.

maybe the cap hit on trading rivers is too extreme?

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
        not river, brees.

maybe the cap hit on trading rivers is too extreme?
        oooo...sorry, didnt really read it through...

i would love that...it would put them right back where they were, plus they would never have the money to sign 3 first round pick...

Comment

As far as I understood it, they were discussing a trade for Rivers but for some reason it stalled.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
            oooo...sorry, didnt really read it through...

i would love that...it would put them right back where they were, plus they would never have the money to sign 3 first round pick...
            well....its just a rumor but it is gaining credibility and working its way around the boards

Comment

They franchised Brees. Can you trade your Franchise player? If not then that rumor is nill.
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I believe its just a rumour (for Rivers...I hadn't heard Brees).

ESPN said its one of those rumours that picked up quickly because it does make sense and everyone "wanted" it to be true.

Comment

ITS FOR BREES'S.............NOT........................RIV ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(you ppl are driving me crazy lol)

Comment

I hope they trade Brees away, then there is a good shot of Rivers either taking a long time to develope, or flat out busting.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                      They franchised Brees. Can you trade your Franchise player? If not then that rumor is nill.
                      Yeah. How else do you think Champ got here?
                      My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

ITS FOR BREES'S.............NOT........................RIV ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way in hell they trade brees after last years perfomance and the franchise tag they just put on him, it just doesn't make any sense. Whether the rumour is true or not Trading Rivers for the first pick makes a whole lot of sense and i believe it might still happen irrespective of Pasquerellis comments. Phillip rivers is better than Alex smith or Aaron rodgers and the 49ers know this plus the chargers could draft a bigtime receiver in mike williams to compliment Mccardell

But then again thats just me
                        Last edited by cheach; 04-01-2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

If it was for Drew SD would lose the Franchise tag for the length of Drew’s new contract. So both rumors are nothing more than off season boredom IMO. SD will be keeping both QBs through 2005 as Len Pasquarelli has reported.

You got champ before he signed the tag or during the time that he could negotiate with other teams. That time is way past.
                          Last edited by Sanluisboltfan; 04-01-2005, 03:34 PM.

;);)

Watch out!!!

Comment

when you franchise a player it means other teams would have to give up 2 first round picks to get that player

Comment

Bbrees = one time wonder.

Comment

Working...
                              X