X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snk16
    replied
    Use the search button before creating a thread
    Last edited by Snk16; 07-01-2005, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeShadow
    replied
    Ok this is the THIRD or FOURTH thread on this search before posting a popular storie like this

Leave a comment:

• d7221116
    replied
    Hope this DOESNT happen!!!!!!!!!T.o joining Moss!!!!

Eagles: Owens joining Moss in Oakland?
    by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Thursday, June 30, 2005

News
    The Raiders' busy offseason may not be over yet. Philadelphia television station WPVI is reporting that there is a trade in the works that would send disgruntled wideout Terrell Owens, who had 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns for the Eagles last season, to Oakland in exchange for Jerry Porter and possibly a draft pick. Porter caught 64 balls for 998 yards and nine touchdowns in 2004.

Views
    While this deal may look lopsided at first glance, it is important to remember that Porter is five years younger than Owens and hasn't been a major pain in butt this entire offseason. The Eagles are not an organization that tolerates a lot of insubordination from its players, so the prospect of getting a young, talented receiver and a high draft pick might be enough to convince them to ship Owens to California. This trade is nothing more than a rumor right now, but we'll will keep you updated of any developments and provide in-depth fantasy analysis if the deal actually goes through.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ball&type=lgns

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Yes indeedy!

According to The Red Zone, "Yesterday Moss told reports that he could co-exist with T.O. as long as he got the number of passes he deserves."

First signs of potential conflict, if the deal were to go through?

-----

Leave a comment:

• DenverFanInGB
    replied
    No way, no how this trade happens. To big of egos and way to much money on 2 receivers. It's not gonna happen folks.

Leave a comment:

• Bigplayshay84
    replied
    I hope this trade happens.....

The first thing that i think of when i hear Owens and Moss on the same offense is friction. There is going to be no chemistry between them and kollins...

Then i think that if the Raiders get Owens now, all we have to do is beat them twice this year when we see them....then in the next offseason the Raiders will completely explode.......they wont have enough money to pay anyone and they will have to get rid of some people.

and if there is fighting in the locker room between the recievers, the one with the worst stats is gone.

This trade really means nothing to me because it doesnt matter how good your offense is if you have a horrible defense. (ex: Colts)

Leave a comment:

• OrangeShadow
    replied
    Does oakland really have the cap space?

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Heard a raider offical on FOX sports radio this evening say that at one point this year "before" the Moss deal happened, that this deal was on the table.

OAK is not interested anymore cause they have Moss now.

The rumor re-started from someone in PHL trying to get into TO's head, that it is time to crap or get off the pot. They are tried of the whinning and want him in camp.

This guy was an assistant to al davis.

It is NOT happeneing. They love Porter! Gave him a 5-6 year deal..
    What a shame. I was kinda looking forward to it.

They would have sent the quality player off to Philly.

-----

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Heard a raider offical on FOX sports radio this evening say that at one point this year "before" the Moss deal happened, that this deal was on the table.

OAK is not interested anymore cause they have Moss now.

The rumor re-started from someone in PHL trying to get into TO's head, that it is time to crap or get off the pot. They are tried of the whinning and want him in camp.

This guy was an assistant to al davis.

It is NOT happeneing. They love Porter! Gave him a 5-6 year deal..

Leave a comment:

• super_boltz
    replied
    I think Owens to the faiders would be a great thing. It would negate the addition of lamont jordan because they would have to pass every down to keep the 2 happy. Regardless these 2 together on the field could cause trouble for any team in nfl history. Problem is kerry collins. I just don't have confidence in him to get it done. If they were to get a pro bowl caliber qb then I would be a lil worried. But their defense is god awful. I predict them going no better than 7-9 with or without owens.

Leave a comment:

• dontfeedthenerd
    replied
    Back to the topic at hand...
    Ok reason TO is leaving Philly: He wants more money
    Raiders have Sapp, Collins, not to mention Moss on their payroll. How are they going to give TO more money than Philly?

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    The Pats have also been lucky to play them at home.

Not really lucky.

They earned the Home Field advantage.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    Uhh, they did play them in Indy 2 years ago in the regular season - remember the 4th down from the two stand? Indy had the ball 1st and goal from the 2 yd line and the Pats stopped them 4 straight times to preserve their victory. The Pats own Manning, Just like Manning owns us in the playoffs. Our only hope for both of us is that we don't have to play Indy and they don't have to play NE.

I do think part of it is in Manning's, and the team's, collective heads. They have the talent to beat them.

And unless I remember incorrectly, some post game shows ripped Manning because there was a wide open guy on one of the plays, and he didn't go to him. They ran it up the middle the other 3 times.

I may be thinking of a different game. It's hard to remember.

Leave a comment:

• HORSEPOWER 56
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared

Lets see how they do against them in Indy one of these times.

But I would still rather keep an offense like that off the field than try to play in a shoot out.
    Uhh, they did play them in Indy 2 years ago in the regular season - remember the 4th down from the two stand? Indy had the ball 1st and goal from the 2 yd line and the Pats stopped them 4 straight times to preserve their victory. The Pats own Manning, Just like Manning owns us in the playoffs. Our only hope for both of us is that we don't have to play Indy and they don't have to play NE.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    Everyone knows that this is how you stop the Colts, too. The problem is, the only team in the NFL able to do it consistently so far has been the Patriots. NTM, 18 play scoring drives that eat up 11-12 minutes are great, but it sucks when the other team takes the field and ties the score in under 2 minutes - oh and you'd better not give up any turnovers!

Lets see how they do against them in Indy one of these times.

But I would still rather keep an offense like that off the field than try to play in a shoot out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X