No announcement yet.

T.O. A Raider???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would never work. Raiders are so deep in the salary cap.

Comment

Oh Noooo!!!

WPVI.com reports there is some speculation the Philadelphia Eagles could trade WR Terrell Owens to the Oakland Raiders for WR Jerry Porter. If the trade were to occur, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Maybe we need Ty Law now?

Comment

http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?t=36309

Comment

If that trade is consumated I think Champ may retire.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSmoke
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by penguin
              WPVI.com reports there is some speculation the Philadelphia Eagles could trade WR Terrell Owens to the Oakland Raiders for WR Jerry Porter. If the trade were to occur, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Maybe we need Ty Law now?
              Hello and welcome, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
                Hello and welcome, thanks for the info.
                SIGH and your a Mod too.

Comment

SIGH and your a Mod too.
                  What? It's this person's first post, give them a break.

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
                    What? It's this person's first post, give them a break.
                    sorry Jovi. don't yell at me.

Comment

i for one dont think theres an ounce of truth to that.why would philly trade their best wr when they were that close to the sb last year regardless of his attitude

Comment

Why wouldnt they trade him? TO is a head case. He wont play unless he gets a new contract. Philly would be doing themselves a huge favor if they did make that trade.

Comment

I'm not yelling at you.......

sorry Jovi. don't yell at me.
                          If I was you would know it...lol
                          Now back to the topic....

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShadow
                            i for one dont think theres an ounce of truth to that.why would philly trade their best wr when they were that close to the sb last year regardless of his attitude
                            They also crushed every team they played in the playoffs without him. Besides Porter's rookie year, I haven't seen much out of him besides him killing our secondary due to lack of pass rush. This is a very bad trade for Philly.

Comment

penguin

Welcome to the boards!!

-----

Comment

Owens for Porter not that unrealistic..

Everyone seems to think that the trade is unrealistic.. I don't see why..

1. Owens is causing problem after problem and he might even sit out. He's not the typical Andy Reid player. Why not unload him for an up and comer like Porter who just signed a 5 year contract and they are not obligated to paying a signing bonus to. Porter is younger, plus Owens isn't worth anything if he's not playing or happy. I think the exchange makes perfect sense for the Eagles..

2. The Raiders could afford him. Sign him to a long term contract with a large signing bonus and his salary against the cap this year could easily be less than Porter's salary against the cap. Remember, Woodson will only be around 1 more year so that clears up plenty of money for next year and beyond..

I hate the Raiders with every ounce of my being, but they could easily pull this off in my opinion if they wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                                X