Different side of view with Owens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different side of view with Owens

There has been a lot of talk on many websites that a team that may take Owens could be the Broncos. I know many people think that Owens is a cancer, but he is also an incredibly talented cancer. I say we give him a 1 year contract at the most; and if he does anything like the past things he has done, we suspend him. This may keep Owens controlling himself as he already is close to not playing in the NFL anymore because of behavior.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

if he signs with anyone, it will be one of the down in the gutter teams. why? because they will be willing to spend the most money to get him

Comment

We dont't/won't have the cap money to get him. Besides, why reward an asshat for being an asshat? He isn't going to change, barring some life threatening experience.

Comment

Looks like he may be available this year after all.....the players union wants phily to cut him if the are not gonna reiinstate him........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9033401

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos fo life
          We dont't/won't have the cap money to get him. Besides, why reward an asshat for being an asshat? He isn't going to change, barring some life threatening experience.

If we don't have the cap space then why are the professional analysts even considering the Broncos as one of the front-runners?

Are you sure about the cap?

Comment

Im sure with the type of contract he would be likely to recieve they could squeeze him in under the cap.

Naturally that will limit the ability to re-sign some of the players that will be due new contracts, you know those guys who actually played through what the agreed to play through, didnt pitch a "me need more" fit, who deserve a raise since the earned it by honoring their obligations.

Comment

Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**
              Are you sure about the cap?
              Yes.
              Second worst cap situation next season.
              Here is another good read.

If we were a team that needed a WR really bad, I'd say they could probably "fit him in". But considering we have 2 first round picks coming up and it doesn't look like Rod is done yet, that money is better spent elsewhere.
              Last edited by Broncos fo life; 11-09-2005, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_Fan
                Looks like he may be available this year after all.....the players union wants phily to cut him if the are not gonna reiinstate him........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9033401
                Key word is the Union wants the Eagles to do that, the players union wont be able to force the Eagles to do so especially since they will continue to pay him anyway.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

He can hang out at Keyshawn's "Second half hangout house for the unwanted."
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

If Owens come here.

I'll root for him.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

Every Team knows about T.O.'s mouth so the Eagles gets no love from me. They knew going in how he was and they should have had a better plan on controlling him. The Eagles were also wrong about the 100 TD thing too and they knew he would get mad over it and it worked.

I would take T.O. if I was Shanahan we run out of the 3 receiver set half the game anyway. Plus he would take pressure off of Rod and Ashley and make our offense un-stoppable.

He comes here I'll root for him too

Comment

Originally posted by Tatortot
                        There has been a lot of talk on many websites that a team that may take Owens could be the Broncos. I know many people think that Owens is a cancer, but he is also an incredibly talented cancer. I say we give him a 1 year contract at the most; and if he does anything like the past things he has done, we suspend him. This may keep Owens controlling himself as he already is close to not playing in the NFL anymore because of behavior.
                        At what cost? So they can raise the rates of every bodies season ticket another ten dollars per game per seat like they do every time they sigh a high dollar free agent. Now you may not have tickets so you may think big deal? But think again. Every time they raise the ticket prices the stadium gets quieter and quieter because they are out pricing their TRUE fan base. Every year more and more tickets get bought up by corporations and are given to people who really don't care who wins on any given week. I have season tickets and I can sadly say I have wittness this sad trend for the last 15 years or so.

Also this guy is so injury prone its sickening, so you already know you can’t count on him for a whole season. Heck last year he did not even help Philly in the play offs, he only played in the Super bowl. So no thank you, TO can rot in hell for all I care.
                        Last edited by section 118; 11-09-2005, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by section 118
                          At what cost? So they can raise the rates of every bodies season ticket another ten dollars per game per seat like they do every time they sigh a high dollar free agent. Now you may not have tickets so you may think big deal? But think again. Every time they raise the ticket prices the stadium gets quieter and quieter because they are out pricing their TRUE fan base. Every year more and more tickets get bought up by corporations and are given to people who really don't care who wins on any given week. I have season tickets and I can sadly say I have wittness this sad trend for the last 15 years or so.

Also this guy is so injury prone its sickening, so you already know you can’t count on him for a whole season. Heck last year he did not even help Philly in the play offs, he only played in the Super bowl. So no thank you, TO can rot in hell for all I care.
                          For most of his career he stayed healthy. However with age injuries have started taking there toll on him. I read somewhere that over the last three years he's been battling with injuries so its a trend that more than likely going continue.

So in short I wouldn't want him for because of his attitude and because he's become injury prone.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                            I'll root for him.

As will I.

Comment

Look,any team that signs him is going to have some kind of cluase in the contract for behavior etc. theyd be foolish not to.

Comment

Working...
                              X