Champ goes, LT comes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ goes, LT comes

It was on ESPN a while ago. the broncos are thinking about releasing champ bailey to get Ladianand Tomlinson from the free agent list next year. they want to give him a big salary so they need to cut champ short.

thoughts?
    Put yourself in Sam Fisher's situation: His daughter died in a car crash, by a drunk driver. His wife died 16 years ago by an illness and he has lost his job from the government. How would you handle it?

(Join FrameCityUnderground and win free Xbox360!!)
    http://www.framecityunderground.com/underground/?u=MKCC14

(Join My Bewaresamfisher club!!)
    http://bewaresamfisher-club.1up.com/

HURH?!?!???!??!

Never gonna happen.

Sig by Snk16, cause he's ****ing awesome like that.

DENVER BRONCOS...WELCOME TO THE CUTLER ERA!!!

Comment

I think I'm selling this one...................NEXT!

Comment

christ this place is useless

Comment

ok...dont be dissapointed next year, remember i warned you.
          Put yourself in Sam Fisher's situation: His daughter died in a car crash, by a drunk driver. His wife died 16 years ago by an illness and he has lost his job from the government. How would you handle it?

(Join FrameCityUnderground and win free Xbox360!!)
          http://www.framecityunderground.com/underground/?u=MKCC14

(Join My Bewaresamfisher club!!)
          http://bewaresamfisher-club.1up.com/

Comment

won't happen. are pass defense already isnt the best and to lose champ would be devestating. and we have the best running game in the league so we could get a thousand yard running back very cheap if something goes crazy this year and somehow we lose dayne anderson and bell. and the chargers are crazy if they dont resign him.
            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Wouldn't we take a cap hit for releasing Champ??

Isn't our cap pretty tight to try to fit in an LT to an offensive system that is already tops in the league in rushing (If you don't count Vick scrambles)??
              My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
              . Post Your Artwork .
              . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                Wouldn't we take a cap hit for releasing Champ??

Isn't our cap pretty tight to try to fit in an LT to an offensive system that is already tops in the league in rushing (If you don't count Vick scrambles)??
                I am not sure how the cap works; correct me if I’m wrong.

If Denver was to trade him, then the team that gets him would also take what’s left on the contract. However if Denver were to release then they have to pay what’s left of his signing bonus.

Let me say this first, I like Champ and would hate to see him play any where but in Denver. However, I could see Denver trading him for a first round pick, (before you start yelling at me let me explain). With the outstanding play of the rookie CB's and the fact that it would free up cap room. This would be a great trade for the Broncos. That would give Denver 3 first round picks. On the other hand they could use him as bait for Denver to move up to the top 10 and maybe get some picks in the later rounds, just like we did last year with Cin. Looking at the overall picture Denver has too many other needs on the DL, WR, and S just to name a few. With 3 first round picks or 2 first and 2 second picks, that would address many of our needs.
                Last edited by squints; 12-10-2005, 08:32 AM.

^^^^^^^^^^
                made by Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by squints
                  I am not sure how the cap works; correct me if I’m wrong.

If Denver was to trade him, then the team that gets him would also take what’s left on the contract. However if Denver were to release then they have to pay what’s left of his signing bonus.

Let me say this first, I like Champ and would hate to see him play any where but in Denver. However, I could see Denver trading him for a first round pick, (before you start yelling at me let me explain). With the outstanding play of the rookie CB's and the fact that it would free up cap room. This would be a great trade for the Broncos. That would give Denver 3 first round picks. On the other hand they could use him as bait for Denver to move up to the top 10 and maybe get some picks in the later rounds, just like we did last year with Cin. Looking at the overall picture Denver has too many other needs on the DL, WR, and S just to name a few. With 3 first round picks or 2 first and 2 second picks, that would address many of our needs.
                  I dont see any of the rookie cb's putiing up 8 ints this year
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MKCC14
                    It was on ESPN a while ago. the broncos are thinking about releasing champ bailey to get Ladianand Tomlinson from the free agent list next year. they want to give him a big salary so they need to cut champ short.

thoughts?

there are a few things you didnt think out....

1) The Chargers signed LT to a big extension LAST SEASON.

so....he will not be a free agent next year.

2) We will lose cap space if we release Champ not gain any. there's all this mumbo jumbo I dont really understand and dont want to get into.

think before you even attempt to make us think this garbage is true
                    sigpic

Comment

Where do people get this stuff? lol!

Comment

No way that's happening. I mean we have 3 great backs already and we don't want to lose the best DB in the league. Despite his injuries I still don't think that will happen.

Comment

This thread makes me want a drink...BAD
                          Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Working...
                          X