Doug Flutie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Flutie

Why not pick up Doug Flutie? There's definitely a hole at QB and Flutie is a tested QB, he's accurate, he wants to win and SD would probably give him away without asking for too much. Kurt Warner's another option, but he'd cost too much. We've got to stop the bleeding somehow, though! What started off as a great season (MNF vs. Oakland rocked!) has begun to look really ugly. Portis can only do so much--especially when he's not 100%!

Weird..I saw this same post on the Steelers message board, about signing Flutie. Guys, he's 41 years old. Sure he showed he has a few good games in him, but signing him is only a short-term solution, and sooner rather than later, you'll be right back in the same boat. Stick with Plummer, or draft a good young QB and build him up for the future. Flutie has 2 more seasons in him at most, and only 3 as a backup.

Comment

BTT

Ya pick up Doug..NOT. Pick up Doug..NOT. hehe
      Originally posted by boltzpride619
      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

See game hi-lites and it should tell ya why we don't want a Flutie.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
          See game hi-lites and it should tell ya why we don't want a Flutie.
          True.
          Originally posted by boltzpride619
          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
          True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Doug IN...........
            Kirk OUT..........

Comment

They're getting rid of Cap'n Kirk???

Oh Spock!!!

Comment

Yea, they replaced him with this Picard guy!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Fluties is a good quarterback, dont take that away form him. he did some awesome **** with Chargers in those few games.
                  Born and raised on Broncos football! 27 and counting....

Comment

Interesting thought, you know Flutie really isn't all that different from Plummer in style. I think he would be an upgrade to the guy you started vs the Pack, and speaking as a Pats fan, you can NEVER have enough quality depth on the roster!
                    That's, why they play the game!

Comment

I don't think the patented Flutie jump pass would have made a difference in GB. Doug is competent, had some good years, but is past his prime.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Plummer at all. At all. Keep Plummer, we've already made the post season with him in his first year w/ this team. Pretty promising if you ask me.

Comment

Doug to old. Werner to brain dead. Better look elsewhere for the next QB.
                          God I miss the Mountains !!!

Comment

Keep Plummer, we don't need another starting QB, but maybe a decent backup. the backup QB were terrible this year.

Comment

Doug Flutie needs to retire and start up a band, he can play those drums well, though i wouldnt mind him backin up Jake in Denver, not a bad back up at all

Comment

Working...
                              X