Trading Foster or Lepsis for Ray Lewis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This posted on Fox Sports

Sun columnist Mike Preston says the Ravens may try and shore up their offensive line by trading LB Ray Lewis to the Broncos for either of their offensive tackles, Matt Lepsis or George Foster.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/2504522

Comment

Why would we want Ray Lewis?

Comment

i dunno. thats a pretty crappy rumor

Comment

Yeah, right....

Let's trade away one of our most critical positions with absolutely no depth for an old guy at a position we're already incredibly talented at. No way this happens, it's crazy.

Comment

Someone tell this guy we are already set at Middle Linebacker. However I did enjoy the following part of the article.

"The players the Ravens have signed, with apologies to Lewis and linebacker Bart Scott, are nothing more than stopgap players. Pryce, 30, missed 14 games in 2004 with a herniated disc in his lower back. He managed just four sacks in 16 games last season and recorded just 15 tackles in his last nine games. Yet the Ravens gave him a five-year, $25 million contract that included $10 million in guaranteed money."

"In the case of Pryce, the Ravens panicked after losing Weaver."

Comment

I don't see the Broncos taking any trade for Ray Lewis. The Nate Webster signing pretty much rules that out at this point. Your LB corps is set.
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic
              Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

I would welcome Lewis with open arms we could go to a 3-4 for sure with that guy imagine this. D.J., Lewis, Wilson, Gold then Brown at DE, Warren NT, Ekuban DE. Pretty good front 7. It would allow us to turn Gold loose to chase the QB.
                sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer
                  I would welcome Lewis with open arms we could go to a 3-4 for sure with that guy imagine this. D.J., Lewis, Wilson, Gold then Brown at DE, Warren NT, Ekuban DE. Pretty good front 7. It would allow us to turn Gold loose to chase the QB.

and kill our offensive line.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

clearly, this was either a jest or a piece of wishful thinking in baltimore. . .
                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

two words, al wilson
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by portis26hb
                        http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,759131.column

"Either way, the Ravens are expected to be a power running team again. That's great, except they still don't have the physical, dominating line up front. The Ravens are still shopping around middle linebacker Ray Lewis as trade bait, possibly to the Denver Broncos for one of their two offensive tackles, Matt Lepsis or George Foster."

Dosent really make sense to me at all....where would we put Ray? Would we switch to a 3-4 and grab Abraham too?
                        You're right it doesn't make sense. Where would we put him? No we wouldn't grab both of them. Besides that, Lewis prefers to play in 4-3 rather than a 3-4.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanInPA
                          I think the Baltimore Sun needs to institute a drug screening policy for their reporters
                          Haha, yea....

Comment

I think we should take the deal and then also get Lavar Arrington.

That would be awesome!

Thanks, Reid!
                            sigpic
                            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Broncos turning over a new leaf? Looks like we want to become the Denver Criminals. Dang.

Comment

Pipe Dream

Originally posted by portis26hb
                                http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,759131.column

"Either way, the Ravens are expected to be a power running team again. That's great, except they still don't have the physical, dominating line up front. The Ravens are still shopping around middle linebacker Ray Lewis as trade bait, possibly to the Denver Broncos for one of their two offensive tackles, Matt Lepsis or George Foster."

Dosent really make sense to me at all....where would we put Ray? Would we switch to a 3-4 and grab Abraham too?
                                Lewis is a game changing LB not matter what you think about him. But the Broncos would have to change to a 3-4 which Coyer refuses to do. The Bronco's couldn't afford him even if they wanted him. Look at his contract....he's the highest paid LB in the game....did I miss something or did Daniel Snyder aquire the broncos in FA too?????
                                Last edited by IRISHIDIOT; 03-15-2006, 11:01 AM.
                                MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X