Kevin Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Jones

I know alot of you have been pressing to pick up Jones in round 1. While Stephen Jackson is moving up the board, Jones had a problem at the Virginia Tech pro timing day. He ran three 40s. All in the 4.6s.....

By the time our pick comes he'll be gone the patriots have the ravens pick right before our pick and if Kevin Jones gets by Dallas and I think its seattle. The chances of us getting Kevin Jones are just as slim as me getting into the NFL.
    sigpic
    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

...like africangoshdarn.....?????
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

With all of the free agent pickups, that have filled many of the holes that the team had, don't you guys think that packaging a couple of picks to move up in the draft is becoming a possibility?
        I think Jackson is a stud and would be worth making a move for, and he will def. not be around at the 24th pick.

Comment

Yeah african god has fallen off the map much like those bucs.
          sigpic
          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

I'm telling all of you two words - Julius Jones!!! He fits the mold of Portis, which is to say quick and strong and he'll be available on the second day of the draft.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
              I'm telling all of you two words - Julius Jones!!! He fits the mold of Portis, which is to say quick and strong and he'll be available on the second day of the draft.
              Also Randy starks and an iffy workout and experts say he might drop a little bit in the draft. this is a guy the broncos org is really hot on.....

Comment

Yea, he had problems with academics, etc. at Notre Dame but he got his [email protected]$! together and was back this past year, showed flashes of brilliance. Julius Jones is the type of running back that the Broncos look for, draft in a late round, and turn into a pro-bowler! He went to ND, so he can handle pressure, and he's so quick and strong. he reminds me so much of portis

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Yea, he had problems with academics, etc. at Notre Dame but he got his [email protected]$! together and was back this past year, showed flashes of brilliance. Julius Jones is the type of running back that the Broncos look for, draft in a late round, and turn into a pro-bowler! He went to ND, so he can handle pressure, and he's so quick and strong. he reminds me so much of portis
                  He is not as fast as Portis. In fact, he is not as fast as Bell. I am not sure if I prefer Jones or Bell at this point. I want to get one thing straight jones will not be a late round pick. He will most likely go in round 3. He is not a sixth rounder like Davis was. Portis was not a late rounder either. he went in the second round.....

Comment

Yo, let me apologize. When i say late round, I meant to say 2nd day of the draft. I hope I didn't say Portis was a late-rounder, cuz he definitely wasn't. Also though, I could see Jones slipping to the 5th round, because there are question marks about him.

Comment

You said he's not as fast as Bell? I'm not familar with who Bell is. Fill me in friend.

Comment

You said he's not as fast as Bell? I'm not familar with who Bell is. Fill me in friend.
                        Tatum Bell from Oklahoma State. at the combine Bell ran a 4.37 and J. Jones ran a 4.45...

most draft analysts have Bell rated slightly higher than Jones and that they will go in the third round. Possibly slide to the fourth. I agree Jones would be a steal if he was there the second day but his workouts have been to good for him to fall that far. If we want him I think it will take a third rounder to get him....

Comment

Bell has possiblity of going late second around early third, his 40 time is way to fast, and his numbers are way to great for him to slip into second day.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

I wouldn't take either. If it works, don't 'fix' it. We draft backs that fit our style of offense. What we don't do is change our offense to fit the style of the running back. Period. We'll take a back that works for our running scheme, specifically, the stretch-play. We have too many other needs to be picking a damn Running Back in the first couple of rounds.

Comment

Ok, one thing about Jones' 4.6 40 time: Scouts said that it was due to him having trouble getting off the line, but he has run in the 4.4's consistently before that last timing. That was confirmed on a few websites as well as last weeks Pro Football Weekly's Draft Coverage. I don't think anyone should worry about how fast Jones is. Trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X