Trading Card Collecting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Card Collecting Question

A friend of mine is looking to sell some Broncos trading cards and I'm helping her attach a value to the set.

The set is the Danbury Mint 22ct Gold plated Super Bowl XXXII Denver Broncos w/ personalized binder.

I found one recent auction that included this set plus some other cards that ended at $124. I spoke to a local sports card shop and they said there is no value to these cards at all.

I would be forever indebted to anyone who can give me any more information about this card set.

Thanks in advance!

The card shop was correct, no value on the cards at all. Now that doesn't mean they are not Valuable, just have to find the person that wants them and see what they are willing to pay for them.

The best bet if you are looking to get rid of them would be to hit Ebay and do a 7 day auction with an auction start price of $0.99 and a buy now price of what you would be happy getting for them and let it ride. It's hit or miss with ebay though so do keep in mind that if someone out there waits until the last minute and bid's $0.99 and no one else bids .... your only going to get 99cents for them!

Good Luck
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MartyJones
      A friend of mine is looking to sell some Broncos trading cards and I'm helping her attach a value to the set.

The set is the Danbury Mint 22ct Gold plated Super Bowl XXXII Denver Broncos w/ personalized binder.

I found one recent auction that included this set plus some other cards that ended at $124. I spoke to a local sports card shop and they said there is no value to these cards at all.

I would be forever indebted to anyone who can give me any more information about this card set.

Thanks in advance!
      I have this set.

Obviously, there IS value to it. What that dealer meant is that this set isnt listed in the normal price guides along with regular football cards. The reason for that is that they arent sold much by those who compiled them. So he has no way to judge what it's worth. And is telling you he hasnt sold one before. it's not even listed in the huge Beckett annual, which proclaims to list every football card ever made. (Obvoiusly not EVERY card though.)

There's the further complication that the binder should be personalized. Who wants a set with Jane Doe's name on it? Like a personalized photo, it's just not worth as much to someone else.

One had to sign up, and collect this set over many months to complete it.

Set's like this are really meant for those who plan to keep them forever. Really. They generally resell for much less then they initially cost. Which was about $10 to $12 a card. For the 30 card set, that was over $300.

I'd honestly have to tell you to go with that price you already found, and keep looking on places like e-bay for likewise sales of this item.

I hope she can get at least what she paid for for these. But it's probably going to come down to her finding that one person out there who really, really wants it, even with her name on the binder.

Bummer she has to part with such a cool item.

Comment

Working...
      X