Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: Week 17 2008 Broncos vs Chargers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Like every Sunday this season I will be decked out in my broncos gear.... but this Sunday I am not really seeing a win

    Comment


    • #17
      I'm excited to see what Boyd can do. Hopefully the line opens some big holes for our backs today.

      Comment


      • #18
        boyd, and the TE's will be the gamechangers tonight. tatum will run okay, but boyd will finally break one for us, just watch and see.....

        hopefully they are smart enough to keep pounding the ball this game, run bell on tosses and sweeps, and use boyd up the gut. the chargers wont know what hit them. then use royal in Man and let cutler dump to his backs or use his TE's if they follow this gameplan and bates doesnt try to become a showoff and get fancy with dman bubble screens on 3rd and 2 all the time...we will win this game....
        Last edited by elevation INC; 12-28-2008, 08:17 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Elway View Post
          Official Game Day Thread: Broncos vs Chargers

          Well here we are again, how the hell did it come to this? 3 game lead, and we can't seal the deal yet?
          I know that Broncos hate and/or won't admit this, but you're in this situation because of Culter. Looked at his performance over the last couple of games and you will see a QB that just makes too many CRUCIAL mistakes at the wrong time. Of course, there's never a good time for a turnover...but, Cutler seems to make a lot of bad decisions in the 4th quarter and in the Red Zone.

          Here's to a great game without injuries!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
            I know that Broncos hate and/or won't admit this, but you're in this situation because of Culter. Looked at his performance over the last couple of games and you will see a QB that just makes too many CRUCIAL mistakes at the wrong time. Of course, there's never a good time for a turnover...but, Cutler seems to make a lot of bad decisions in the 4th quarter and in the Red Zone.

            Here's to a great game without injuries!

            no we are here because of our defense just like you guys are. cutler made plays all year and mistakes. So did rivers. these teams are where they are because of the defensive ineptitude of both squads and there defensive gameplanning.......you guys made a change for the better possibly with rivera, we are still trying to figure out how we went from a untalented and horrible defense, to a more talented, but even more underperforming and bad defense.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
              no we are here because of our defense just like you guys are. cutler made plays all year and mistakes. So did rivers. these teams are where they are because of the defensive ineptitude of both squads and there defensive gameplanning.......you guys made a change for the better possibly with rivera, we are still trying to figure out how we went from a untalented and horrible defense, to a more talented, but even more underperforming and bad defense.
              I think the OP was refering to the "last 3 games" when he asked "how did we get here". So, my point was the Culter was the reason for the collapase. I understand that your D is horrible and you've caught a horrible break at RB. But, the team needed Jay to step in the last 3 or 4 weeks and he hasn't.

              On the other hand, when the Chargers were all but out of it, Rivers has stepped up big time.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                I think the OP was refering to the "last 3 games" when he asked "how did we get here". So, my point was the Culter was the reason for the collapase. I understand that your D is horrible and you've caught a horrible break at RB. But, the team needed Jay to step in the last 3 or 4 weeks and he hasn't.

                On the other hand, when the Chargers were all but out of it, Rivers has stepped up big time.

                again it ws still the defense the last 3 games, cutler made some mistakes sure, but trying to win a game at the end is something rivers failed at at times this year as well. the point is had either of our teams defenses been respectable all season the load cutler and rivers were under wouldnt have been as bad. its no secret that when your defense improved so did the play of your team, and rivers. we havent had the luxury at any point except for maybe the atlanta and tampa games......and we might ned up paying for it.


                cutler was asked to do to much this year and at times he rose above it and at times he didnt. he is a 2nd year qb asking him to do it all is just stupid, why not get a defense to help him out.

                you guys fixed your defnese the last few games and your offense benefited we havent had that luxury...yet!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                  again it ws still the defense the last 3 games, cutler made some mistakes sure, but trying to win a game at the end is something rivers failed at at times this year as well. the point is had either of our teams defenses been respectable all season the load cutler and rivers were under wouldnt have been as bad. its no secret that when your defense improved so did the play of your team, and rivers. we havent had the luxury at any point except for maybe the atlanta and tampa games......and we might ned up paying for it.


                  cutler was asked to do to much this year and at times he rose above it and at times he didnt. he is a 2nd year qb asking him to do it all is just stupid, why not get a defense to help him out.

                  you guys fixed your defnese the last few games and your offense benefited we havent had that luxury...yet!
                  Again, you're missing the point of the OP. This thead is about the Broncos collapase over the last couple of games....not the team's problems for the whole season. Cutler has only thrown 3 TDs and as many INTs in the last three games. That's just not going to get it done.

                  Also, this Cutler's third season. In fact, he only has 10 less starts then Rivers.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                    Again, you're missing the point of the OP. This thead is about the Broncos collapase over the last couple of games....not the team's problems for the whole season. Cutler has only thrown 3 TDs and as many INTs in the last three games. That's just not going to get it done.

                    Also, this Cutler's third season. In fact, he only has 10 less starts then Rivers.
                    Take it to the smack forum troll.



                    And 10 less starts, but 2 more years of valuable experience.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                      Take it to the smack forum troll.



                      And 10 less starts, but 2 more years of valuable experience.
                      Why should I take it to the Smack forum? I'm just trying to help the OP and others on this thread get to the heart of the question that was posted. Just trying to give an outside opinion using "facts"...not "smack".

                      If you can't handle that, maybe you should go hang out in the Orange Colored Glasses forum.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                        Again, you're missing the point of the OP. This thead is about the Broncos collapase over the last couple of games....not the team's problems for the whole season. Cutler has only thrown 3 TDs and as many INTs in the last three games. That's just not going to get it done.

                        Also, this Cutler's third season. In fact, he only has 10 less starts then Rivers.

                        wow okay stop being dense for crying out loud. this is a general thread not just a single topic thread, and the point is part of that reason for our coallpse is our piss poor defens that cant help cutler for crap.....if they hadnt allowed six consectuive scoring drives to the bills we wouldnt even be here thats less cutlers fault and more the defense. the same can be said about why you guys were where you were the first 13 games of the season......defense wins championships and both ours suck. the difference is yours decided to finally play at the right time, while ours hasnt played effectively as a whole all year. as a result cutler hasnt performed great and rivers has the last 2 games...this is a key factor in the difference between the 2 qb's the last few games.


                        there should be no excuse for either team as we shouldnt have had the collapse and you shoulnt have been 7-8 to begin with. but the big reason for this is less on the qb's that the defense

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                          wow okay stop being dense for crying out loud. this is a general thread not just a single topic thread
                          My bad....I'm in the wrong thread.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
                            December 28th, 2008...A day which will live in infamy!
                            This is going to be like a 15 round heavyweight championship fight. Blood, sweat and tears, baby! May the team who leaves it all on the field win! GO BRONCOS!!!!!:salute!:

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              do you think we will go after chromartie (or how ever you spell his name) again

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                IMO its gunna take a near perfect game by the offense to win...no turnovers, td's in the red zone, very few penaltys, no drop passes n score 35 or more but thats askin alot...

                                defensively well hope and pray we get 2 or 3 stops n a turnover....ST's oh my when we kick n punt it just close your eyes n hopefully dont hear sproles breaks it yet again...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X