This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco_Obama View Post
    Yea what does it say about us broncos though....we lost to the team who rode second all year long....now we are the first losers..
    It says what we know... We (The Boncos) suck.... no doubt about it.... but so do the Bolts and next week we're going to see how bad they do... hopefully they (the bolts) finally feel vindicated by the refs..... hope all the blowing that Rivers did was worth it....

Comment

• Originally posted by chilei View Post
      He is not that good, his accomplishments during his career are nothing special either. He has led a below average team (and we all know that both SD and D are below average teams) through a poor to mediocre season where he played poor to mediocre teams to emerge with a victory, the only good teams they played against beat them. A SD fan lauding River's accomplishments is almost as laughable as an Obama fan lauding Obama's accomplishments... though admittedly, River does have one or two.
      It seems you're only looking at this season.

Winning 5 bowl MVP's counts for something. It's about establishing that you know how to lead a team to victory and play at a high level in big games. When you've established that at the college level and then established that you can do it at the pro level, that only breeds success. Rivers now has 3 div championships under his belt, 2 playoff wins, and several come from behind victories on the road. I believe that matters and it's really only a matter of time before he gets it done.

Let me put it this way. If sheli can do it, I'm confident PR can do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoltsFan27 View Post
        So I take it you mean the AFCCG, correct? Because he's done almost everything else. Rivers has always been a big game QB. He didn't win 5 bowl MVP's for nothing.

I can't guarantee Rivers will win a SB but I have to say I do like his chances.
        Well... Reggie Bush won the heisman and he sucks... Bowls mean nothing in the NFL so don't even start there. If Rivers wins the SB you can talk all you want to... On a Chargers site. You aren't welcome here. I find it weird that you would come and do that but if that gives you a boner then so be it. SD kicked Denver's ass tonight. Denver is no where near where they need to be to be a contender but SD is gonna get their ass kicked next week so again, it doesn't really matter... enjoy it now because you will be in the same position next week...
        Last edited by Elway; 12-28-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Broncos fans, thanks for an epic game. No matter what the score is at the end, this is an epic game, considering the season both teams have gone through. In closing, I'd like you leave you with a view of the face of the Broncos for years to come:

Comment

• how does that fifty burger taste??

Comment

• Originally posted by moorect View Post
              somebody from Indy will break Rivers sorry kneck next week and as long as I am asking for gifts they can break Tomlinsons' leg as well.... both a couple of punks.....
              ...and we'd still be able to beat the donks. Of course, unless you all could gather a pot for Hochuli again.

Comment

• Well, Denver has been sucking since week 6 of the season. I said it long ago that instead of being 4-2, they could easily been 2-4. So, with that said, this season was on a downward spiral ever since. Players lost to injury, picking up new players and watching them show up was nice. Then watching so called "proven" players thrown back in somehow lost their shine. I'm sorry, but I wrote the Broncos off 3 weeks ago when they held their own destiny in their own hands and only needed one stinkin win! They needed to lose this game, since they will now CLEAN HOUSE!!!!!

Comment

• Way to go guys... 3 losses to close out the season. That's just great. And to lead the division the whole year till tonight. WOW you guys are great. Good try... Hey you gave it your best try... you guys fought hard and just came up short.... (Yeah, right) Disgusting performance tonight and the last 3 weeks. You guys really need your heads checked...

Comment

• Well, it's over. Believe me, I know it was a tough way to end the season for you guys. Your team held the division lead all season long. You have a good team to build on and a very bright future. Don't feel like you have to throw it all away and start over. A couple of draft picks and maybe a FA on defense, you guys will be right back on top again next year.

Comment

It seems you're only looking at this season.

Winning 5 bowl MVP's counts for something. It's about establishing that you know how to lead a team to victory and play at a high level in big games. When you've established that at the college level and then established that you can do it at the pro level, that only breeds success. Rivers now has 3 div championships under his belt, 2 playoff wins, and several come from behind victories on the road. I believe that matters and it's really only a matter of time before he gets it done.

Let me put it this way. If sheli can do it, I'm confident PR can do it.
                      No... I am looking at what he IS not what he WAS.

There are many Heisman winners who have had nothing but a mediocre career. He has won zero MVPs in bowl games during his NFL career, he has played in NO bowl games in his NFL career, he has had NOTHING but a lackluster to mediocre NFL career, need I continue? His Career is NFL, his scholastic experience is not of consequence. How many people have you heard talking about Elway's Stanford record after his third season other than as a mere footnote? How many people had to reach back to Roger Staubuck (sp) career at the Naval Academy to get his "accomplishments"? What about any other hall of famer, did anyone have to referr back to the college seasons which were over three years old to come up with "accomplishments"? It is okay, you have a mediocre QB... so does Denver, it is fine to admit that and accept it, you do not need to be reaching for any sort of justification to pump him up. He has ZERO accomplishments and is MEDIOCRE no matter how you look at it.

Have fun watching your mediocre QB get schooled by an excellent QB next week... but maybe if you keep lauding his accomplishments, Rivers will invite you to sit on his couch with him to watch the Superbowl... then the two of you can talk about how great he is and you can drool as he answers your questions about how he won 5 bowl MVPs' "back in the day"...
                      Last edited by chilei; 12-28-2008, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
                        Well, it's over. Believe me, I know it was a tough way to end the season for you guys. Your team held the division lead all season long. You have a good team to build on and a very bright future. Don't feel like you have to throw it all away and start over. A couple of draft picks and maybe a FA on defense, you guys will be right back on top again next year.
                        Wanna trade defenses? Because that's the ONLY way this D is gonna get better...

Comment

• As much as I wanted Denver to win, I will have to give props to the Chargers. They played a good game. Denver on the other hand...eh.

The trash talking and the back and forth banter on these boards from both sides has been fun. Seriously I enjoyed it.

Well Chargers against Colts. I honestly think Colts will win that one...and I'm not just saying that b/c I am slightly bitter about tonight's game. LOL

P.S. At least Marshall and Cutler get to go to Hawaii...

It's not like the Chargers are going to get through the playoffs and win a SB anyway. Sorry, but we all know they won't make it to the SB this time. But hell I knew Denver wouldn't have made it past the Colts either...
                          Last edited by paper tiger; 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM.
                          Originally posted by armybroncofan
                          ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
                          Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

• Originally posted by chilei View Post
                            No... I am looking at what he IS not what he WAS.

There are many Heisman winners who have had nothing but a mediocre career. He has won zero MVPs in bowl games during his NFL career, he has played in NO bowl games in his NFL career, he has had NOTHING but a lackluster to mediocre NFL career, need I continue? His Career is NFL, his scholastic experience is not of consequence. How many people have you heard talking about Elway's Stanford record after his third season other than as a mere footnote? How many people had to reach back to Roger Staubuck (sp) career at the Naval Academy to get his "accomplishments"? What about any other hall of famer, did anyone have to referr back to the college seasons which were over three years old to come up with "accomplishments"? It is okay, you have a mediocre QB... so does Denver, it is fine to admit that and accept it, you do not need to be reaching for any sort of justification to pump him up. He has ZERO accomplishments and is MEDIOCRE no matter how you look at it.
                            Okay. Whatever dude. Believe what you need to believe.

Comment

• Wow what a horrible game, worst defense I have ever seen, play calling that was awful, and a general lack of energy on both sides of the ball, and did I mention completely mediocre special teams once again, great game guys
                              Go Broncos!
                              Go Avs!
                              Go Nuggets!

Comment

Okay. Whatever dude. Believe what you need to believe.
                                Okay, he has a small handful of NFL accomplishments, but they are few and still mediocre, nothing that would make the highlight reel of a "good" NFL QB.

Again, have fun and good luck with that invitation to watch the SB on River's couch... maybe it will be a love seat!

Comment

Working...
                                X