This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
    when the bucs won the super bowl our QB was #3 overall. and the raiders QB was ranked above us @ #2...and we crushed them on the big day!

#1 QB that year didn't make it to the SB...

so you see, at the end of the day those numbers don't hold too much weight...you get bragging rights but you don't always get to kiss that trophy and show off your shiny new ring...
    That's not the point. The guy I quoted was bragging about how much better Cutler is than Rivers and that Rivers was Mediocre. I was just showing that the numbers don't support that. John and Al both opined that Rivers should have been in the probowl and if voting was done at the end of the season rather than with 4 weeks remaining, he would have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayareaboltnut View Post
      That's not the point. The guy I quoted was bragging about how much better Cutler is than Rivers and that Rivers was Mediocre. I was just showing that the numbers don't support that. John and Al both opined that Rivers should have been in the probowl and if voting was done at the end of the season rather than with 4 weeks remaining, he would have been.
      i think peyton is a correct choice [obviously], jay cutler another good choice, brett favre...wth?! yea rivers should be there instead of grandpa favre.
      Originally posted by armybroncofan
      ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
      Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

• Another Dolt who did not read the post which he is responding to... I hope these people are not representative of all their fans, if so they have the most uneducated fan base in sports!
        Originally posted by bayareaboltnut View Post
        Lets look at the stats for this year shall we?

QB CMP - ATT - YDS - CMP% - YPA - TD - INT - SACK - RAT
        Rivers 312 - 478 - 4009 - 65.3 - 8.39 - 34 - 11 - 25 - 105.5
        Cutler 384 - 616 - 4526 - 62.3 - 7.35 - 25 - 18 - 11 - 86

Rivers is better in every category that matters other than total yards and that was only because Cutler had 138 more attempts...and still Rivers threw 9 more TDs than Cutler! Plus, Rivers took twice as many sacks as Cutler. Yes, that indicates that Cutler moves around better, but it also indicates that he had better protection.

And don't give me that crap about Cutler not having a running game to help him. Here's the Rushing Stats for 2008. Denver was far better than SD:

Team ATT - YDS - AVG - YPG - TD - FUM - LST
        Denver 387 - 1862 - 4.8 - 116.4 - 15 - 15 - 11
        SD 421 - 1726 - 4.1 - 107.9 - 13 - 13 - 7

Oh, but maybe you'd like to somehow claim Rivers had a better D to work with? Only marginally. Chargers ended the season ranked 25th to Denver's 29th:

Team YDS - YPG - RUSH - PASS - PTS
        Denver 5993 - 374.6 - 2337 - 3656 - 448
        SD 5599 - 349.9 - 1641 - 3958 - 347

So, if you want to label Rivers as "mediocre", then perhaps Cutler should be labeled "mediocre-er"?

Comment

• Originally posted by bayareaboltnut View Post
          No, the guy you quoted (me) said that both were mediocre, you are the a$$ hat that did not read the post that you were responding to. The guy you quoted NEVER said Cutler was better, a comparison of the two or contrasting of the two was never even a point of discussion, and absent from the topic. The guy you quoted was responding to your Dolt brother's statement that Rivers was a great QB with a long list of accomplishments though he could not refer to any accomplishments since Rivers left his college locker room.

May I suggest a second grade class in reading comprehension, yes it may be a bit advanced for you but you may find greater results with less time, but if you still have trouble, you could try the first grade course. Or, maybe you have a first grader you could get to read a post you are responding to before you hit "post reply" so you don't make yourself out to be an idiot.

You sir wear the moniker "Dolt" perfectly and it seems to describe you quite appropriately!
          Last edited by chilei; 12-29-2008, 03:47 AM.

Comment

• we were totally hosed!! By the referees.

We totally dominated that game against the cheating chargers. We were obviously the better team today. We dominated on the offensive side of the ball. Tatum Bell was unstoppable. And Cutler proved why he is going to the pro bowl. and not Rivers. And on D , we didnt look too shabby either.
            I think every one here knows, we had what it takes to go all the way this year. But the refs cheated us again. It all goes back to week two. Ed Houchli and the refs have been conspiring against us since then. It is a shame. I have written to the NFL commisioner already to get this score over ruled, and get the Broncos in the play offs. If enough people do, then they just might. If not, I lost 2 grand on the game because the refs cheated us again. We did show alot of promise in the last four games however, and I have big hopes for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncofan4life75 View Post
              We totally dominated that game against the cheating chargers. We were obviously the better team today. We dominated on the offensive side of the ball. Tatum Bell was unstoppable. And Cutler proved why he is going to the pro bowl. and not Rivers. And on D , we didnt look too shabby either.
              I think every one here knows, we had what it takes to go all the way this year. But the refs cheated us again. It all goes back to week two. Ed Houchli and the refs have been conspiring against us since then. It is a shame. I have written to the NFL commisioner already to get this score over ruled, and get the Broncos in the play offs. If enough people do, then they just might. If not, I lost 2 grand on the game because the refs cheated us again. We did show alot of promise in the last four games however, and I have big hopes for next year.
              Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncofan4life75 View Post
                They must have played a different game in your area, the game I saw had the Broncos unable to stop the Chargers from doing anything, a QB that made dumb throws, an offensive coordinator that kept trying plays that didn't work, a kicker that can't hit the broadside of a barn from the inside, and a team that overall looked like they were playing a scrimmage. The team I saw had no heard, no will, and they were beat by a team that clearly understood what victory meant and what defeat meant. The referee's ignored several personal fouls like elbows to the head after a play was dead and such, but they did not screw us.

SD Fans may be transiting via short bus but their team beat us because Denver let them beat us... nothing more.

Comment

• Hey guys,
                  I've not come here to gloat on the chargers win or to talk smack about your QB but i just wanted to congratulate the broncos on what i thought was a great season considering that i didn't think they would have any chance at the AFC West.
                  The broncos have shown great potential on offense and i think its fair to say that they don't really have a defense.
                  If we're all honest i think that SD would go further in the playoffs and now you get an earlier draft pick to work on your defense.
                  Good luck next year and thanks for a great season.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilei View Post
                    They must have played a different game in your area, the game I saw had the Broncos unable to stop the Chargers from doing anything, a QB that made dumb throws, an offensive coordinator that kept trying plays that didn't work, a kicker that can't hit the broadside of a barn from the inside, and a team that overall looked like they were playing a scrimmage. The team I saw had no heard, no will, and they were beat by a team that clearly understood what victory meant and what defeat meant. The referee's ignored several personal fouls like elbows to the head after a play was dead and such, but they did not screw us.

SD Fans may be transiting via short bus but their team beat us because Denver let them beat us... nothing more.
                    Denver played poor but you can't take any credit away from the chargers offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargersFan95 View Post
                      Denver played poor but you can't take any credit away from the chargers offense.
                      yea they took advantage of the fact that denver's defense didn't show up, and now they are off to play the colts on saturday.

Comment

yea they took advantage of the fact that denver's defense didn't show up, and now they are off to play the colts on saturday.
                        Yes but they played like the explosive offense they are, not just down to poor play from the defense, we have showed it against the jets, the pats the bucs etc.

Comment

Yes but they played like the explosive offense they are, not just down to poor play from the defense, we have showed it against the jets, the pats the bucs etc.
                          NO don't include the Bucs in there. The Bucs defense has been deflated. Haven't you noticed how they have declined, it really wasn't b/c the Chargers were so awesome and defeated our awesome defense. No Bucs defense has been missing since that Panthers game. Seriously after that day...the Lions could have easily beat the Bucs. Yea the Raiders even beat the Bucs yesterday! They [the Bucs] have really slowed down...and are weakening.

Comment

NO don't include the Bucs in there. The Bucs defense has been deflated. Haven't you noticed how they have declined, it really wasn't b/c the Chargers were so awesome and defeated our awesome defense. No Bucs defense has been missing since that Panthers game. Seriously after that day...the Lions could have easily beat the Bucs. Yea the Raiders even beat the Bucs yesterday! They [the Bucs] have really slowed down...and are weakening.
                            The bucs were still a dominant cover 2 defense and we exploited their weaknesses with a great game plan. When we are only the 3rd team in the history of the league to have a 4000+ yard passer, a 1000+ yard receiver and a 1000+ yard runner you cannot deny that our offense is explosive.

Comment

The bucs were still a dominant cover 2 defense and we exploited their weaknesses with a great game plan. When we are only the 3rd team in the history of the league to have a 4000+ yard passer, a 1000+ yard receiver and a 1000+ yard runner you cannot deny that our offense is explosive.
                              HAHA! Noooo you really don't get it do you.
                              Do you even really follow football, or you just watch the Chargers play?
                              I am a Bucs fan...I know Bucs defense. I know how they work, they never let up. They are tough, but they have been deflated, and it's not b/c of your precious Chargers. It was b/c many factors as well as the Panthers flexing their muscles. They never recovered physically from that Panthers game, Brooks was still injured but kept playing. They are weakening, even the Lions could have put up a high scoring game against us after a game like we had against Carolina. The Raiders should not have beat us yesterday, but they did. You can see Bucs defense are losing their touch, it's not b/c the Chargers are phenomenal or b/c the Raiders are amazing. Bucs defense is just running on empty...next year we'll be worse since Monte will be gone.

Comment

HAHA! Noooo you really don't get it do you.
                                Do you even really follow football, or you just watch the Chargers play?
                                I am a Bucs fan...I know Bucs defense. I know how they work, they never let up. They are tough, but they have been deflated, and it's not b/c of your precious Chargers. It was b/c many factors as well as the Panthers flexing their muscles. They never recovered physically from that Panthers game, Brooks was still injured but kept playing. They are weakening, even the Lions could have put up a high scoring game against us after a game like we had against Carolina. The Raiders should not have beat us yesterday, but they did. You can see Bucs defense are losing their touch, it's not b/c the Chargers are phenomenal or b/c the Raiders are amazing. Bucs defense is just running on empty...next year we'll be worse since Monte will be gone.
                                Dude what are you doing on here if your a bucs fan? Or did you start supporting the bucs when you realized that denver aren't going anywhere this season?
                                You honestly don't know anything about football yourself if you think the only reason the chargers offense has been explosive all season is because of who they have played. Is that why NE was so good last year because of their schedule? I don't think so.
                                The fact is Rivers, VJ, Gates etc tore denver apart including your so called all star CB champ bailey.

Comment

Working...
                                X