Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Preseason Gameday Thread: Broncos @ 49ers (Preseason week 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
    Simms just may pull out the starting position and I wouldn't be surprised. He did show some ability to stretch the play and let his guys get open.
    This is why this preseason is going to be very important for us. Lets find who is going to be the "right fit." One game wont determine it, but it will help show who has the guts to step up and play.

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
    A perfect example for the point you are trying to make is Manning and his 6(?) interceptions against the Chargers in '07.
    Very good example!!!
    sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
      A perfect example for the point you are trying to make is Manning and his 6(?) interceptions against the Chargers in '07.
      Manning has proved he is a elite hall of fame quarterback. He can have bad days. Orton has proven that he is a average qb who is capable of being beaten out by Rex Grossman, he cant afford to have bad days. He can't be trusted to bounce back like Manning can.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrtonHearsaBoo View Post
        Manning has proved he is a elite hall of fame quarterback. He can have bad days. Orton has proven that he is a average qb who is capable of being beaten out by Rex Grossman, he cant afford to have bad days. He can't be trusted to bounce back like Manning can.
        I think their ability to bounce back is solely based on their consistencies and Orton's performance today was definitely not like his Chicago showings. This is why a rebounding game could very well be in the works for number 8.
        Last edited by Bronco-24; 08-15-2009, 12:33 AM.
        Originally posted by darth-hideous
        Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
        Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanataki View Post
          A great RB is better than a Great QB in my opinion. TD is evident to that, Moreno will be invaluable this season.
          I strongly disagree. Besides Cutler is a proven commodity, Moreno isn't. And you guys got Moreno w/ the pick you already had. Chicago's pick was spent on Ayers.
          sigpic

Comment

• First take on "new" bronx

Simms is DA MAN- Orton "Mr. INTERCEPTION! rimes with Morton (who couldn't win the "Big Ones" The new coach Mac something is Arogant with a Napoleon complex..He needs a stool to stand on when talking to the troops too!!

Comment

• I Surrender

Yeah, trading Cutler was a HUGE Mistake!

Comment

• I went to the game it was fun.
                Last edited by 510snoopy510; 08-15-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrtonHearsaBoo View Post
                  Ya that pretty much sums it up between those two.
                  sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                  Sig by: MHS

Comment

• orton has proved in the previous years that he is not a qb that can win games cause of his offensive capability. lets be honest our defense looked like crap last year. i believe our defense will be better but not good enough to make up for the lack of ortons play. give simms a chance and if it doesnt work out lets hope for the number one overall pick so we can choose from possible candidates of tebow, bradford, mccoy and snead.
                    Fan since 1983

Comment

• First impressions

Either Orton or Simms will do. The interceptions did not bother me solely for the fact it was the first pre-season game.

Moreno showed signs of living up to his expectations. Let's not get him hurt.

Hillis picked up right where he left off averaging 4.9 yards for the game. He opened up a great hole for Moreno to pick up a first down. Running game could be unstoppable behind that great offensive line.

Offensive line and defensive line both played well.

I'm reminded of Shannon Sharpe commenting about the offense being a Ferrari and that second gear was good enough for Bubby.

We have a lot of offensive talent. We don't need a QB to carry the team, just get the ball into the hands of: Royal, Marshall, Moreno, Hillis...

Anyway, it was great just to watch a Bronco game again.
                      Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

• Two players from the 49ers seriously injured:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL

49ers FB Zak Keasey (broken forearm) is out eight weeks.
                        The special teamer injured the forearm in Friday's preseason game. Keasey has not been placed on IR. This injury is a non-factor in Frank Gore's running game, as Moran Norris will be the one clearing the holes.

And...

49ers waived/injured RB Thomas Clayton.
                        Clayton, who entered camp on the roster bubble, tore his ACL in the first week of the preseason. Clayton's career is in serious jeopardy. The former sixth-round pick out of Kansas State in 2007 was given plenty of opportunities with the Niners, but never was able to stick.
                        Clayton was tackled in the leg by Vernon Fox after a safety blitz and look what happened. That's why we were lucky with Moreno's MRI results.
                        sigpic

Comment

• This is what I love about Preseason!

There is still plenty of time to fix the things that are broken before the first game. What you are going to see in the Season Opener is not what you see in Preseason. The main idea behind pre season as far as teams and coaches go, is to have gametime situations and reps for the Rookies to see how and why it was practiced in camp.

So please people do not let the first pre season game detour you into thinking this is what is to come for the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
                          X