Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is the Starting FB, he is a complete weapon at the FB spot, if they made him the starting Half Back then we would have Larsen as the FB and thats a huge down grade at that spot, the FB does so much in this new system , Hillis can Run, Block and Catch, Hillis can line up and be a threat out of the spread offense, Larsen cant even come close to playing at Hillis level on offense. So in order to have as many weapons on the field at the same time you start Knowson or Buck at the tail back and Hillis at the FB. Hillis will see plenty of plays this season so i dont see what the big deal is, Hillis is a starter on this team.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
      He is the Starting FB, he is a complete weapon at the FB spot, if they made him the starting Half Back then we would have Larsen as the FB and thats a huge down grade at that spot, the FB does so much in this new system , Hillis can Run, Block and Catch, Hillis can line up and be a threat out of the spread offense, Larsen cant even come close to playing at Hillis level on offense. So in order to have as many weapons on the field at the same time you start Knowson or Buck at the tail back and Hillis at the FB. Hillis will see plenty of plays this season so i dont see what the big deal is, Hillis is a starter on this team.
      Hillis is only the starting FB when we use a Power I formation, which McDaniels has stated and showed so far this preseason that will not be too common. The Broncos will be using many more singleback sets, in which case Hillis should be the starter and he should split carriers with Moreno and Buck.

For the very few times we actually use the power I, then yes, Hillis will more than likely be at FB to give us two great options in the backfield.
      Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
        I think this question is simple enough:

If Peyton Hillis has clearly been the most impressive RB not just in the last preseason game but ALL of Training Camp, why does he remain behind Buckhalter and Jordan?
        Because Josh McDaniels is our head coach.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
          Excellent argument. Now blame Shanahan for Hillis getting injured last year.

Go on....
          sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
            Excellent argument. Now blame Shanahan for Hillis getting injured last year.

Go on....
            It's true right? Obviously Peyton Hillis is the most impressive back in training camp. The only reason he's behind Lamont Jordan and Correll Buckhalter is because Josh McDaniels orders the depth chart right?

I don't see your point. My point at least makes sense.

sigpic

Comment

It's true right? Obviously Peyton Hillis is the most impressive back in training camp. The only reason he's behind Lamont Jordan and Correll Buckhalter is because Josh McDaniels orders the depth chart right?

I don't see your point. My point at least makes sense.
              Why does it matter where he is on the depth chart in preseason? The lower he is, the more work he'll get in the games.
              sigpic

Comment

Why does it matter where he is on the depth chart in preseason? The lower he is, the more work he'll get in the games.
                Well now you're just changing the topic.

The first post asked why Peyton Hillis was getting shafted and playing behind guys like Lamont Jordan and Correll Buckhalter. I told him it was because of Josh McDaniels. You preceded to make fun of me like if I was wrong or something. I wasn't.

FYI, the more work he gets during preseason games, the less fresh he'll be come the regular season.

sigpic

Comment

Although it is very well know that the depth chart is not set in stone, I just fear that he is listed and getting playing time as the #4 guy because he is behind the three JMD wanted to bring here to be RB's.

Hopefully JMD sees what most of us see and the rest of the nation sees and gives Hillis his rightful spot in the depth chart once the season starts.

Comment

as far we all know hes behind Buck and Lamont on the "PRESEASON" depth chart i doubt hell get #1 unfortunately but i do wish McD would just get over his man crush on Jordan.

Hillis is 10x the RB lamant is........

:go:

Comment

Face value, maybe

It's preseason, how many people would be crying crocadile tears right now if McD was riding him like a mule, and he was playing every single down, after having a season ending injury last year.......

He'll see more than enough of the field and the ball come regular season........

Comment

yep.

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                        as far we all know hes behind Buck and Lamont on the "PRESEASON" depth chart i doubt hell get #1 unfortunately but i do wish McD would just get over his man crush on Jordan.

Hillis is 10x the RB lamant is........

:go:
                        Hillis was also wide open on the first Orton pick in the Endzone. The guy is by far the best pass catcher, blocker, and can flat out move.

Hillis #1 TE, FB, HB, WR, and nose tackle.
                        sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Well now you're just changing the topic.

The first post asked why Peyton Hillis was getting shafted and playing behind guys like Lamont Jordan and Correll Buckhalter. I told him it was because of Josh McDaniels. You preceded to make fun of me like if I was wrong or something. I wasn't.

FYI, the more work he gets during preseason games, the less fresh he'll be come the regular season.
                          I didn't change the topic. I just said that his being behind Buckhalter and Jordan doesn't mean anything in preseason. You make it sound like it's McD's fault that Hillis is behind them.

He's playing mindgames with you.
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't change the topic. I just said that his being behind Buckhalter and Jordan doesn't mean anything in preseason. You make it sound like it's McD's fault that Hillis is behind them.

He's playing mindgames with you.
                            damn McDaniels mindgames

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrishConrad View Post
                              Hillis was also wide open on the first Orton pick in the Endzone. The guy is by far the best pass catcher, blocker, and can flat out move.

Hillis #1 TE, FB, HB, WR, and nose tackle.
                              I know man, it's frustrating. I saw him wide open on the play and wanted to scream when he chucked it to Graham.

Comment

Can tell you from having a fantasy NE RB last year that it was probably the best team at giving all of its backs carries.

NE would give all the backs carries early in the game and stick with the one getting production.

Personally I feel come week 1 Hillis should get 40% of the carries and Moreno 40% with the rest getting 10% but I would not be suprised to see anything happen.
                                Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

Comment

Working...
                                X