This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Day Thread- Pre-season Game 3, Steelers vs. Broncos

I was very VERY impressed at how well they played this game (and the others up till now). Just wanted to say GREAT JOB guys! You played outstanding tonight!
    Keep him, he could remain useful.
    61.21%
    Trade him, we need help elsewhere
    24.85%
    Dump him, hes worthless to us and worthless to anyone else.
    13.94%

Matt Willis: Scrub or Steal?

When did we sign this guy? Former track star who we have signed to the roster. Could be a good ST guy. Any Cal people in here that know anything about him?

Comment

What did you guys think of Perrish Cox?

I wasn't able to see the whole game, but did Cox get a lot of playing time? If so, how did he do?
      Play the football MMORPG called GOAL LINE BLITZ! You can create your own players and your own team! Sign up at this link :

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=34994725

Comment

he came, he played, he went to the locker room, then mcdonalds
        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

He didn't play that well from what I've heard. I'm guessing he was probably just nervous. If he's what he's made out to be in practice then he'll eventually be fine in games.

Comment

Raw, maybe a little intimidated, but quick. He's going to be a great draft find.

Comment

TO and Ocho would be pretty intimidating for a rookie in his first game.
              "In the red zone, in the red zone...Let's get 7, let's get 7."

Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche

Comment

He had to go against the likes of Ocho for one. And it was just his first game in the NFL. But he really didn't play the well.

Comment

I would say return wise other than the fumble he almost broke a couple of plays. The first kickoff he found a seem and was so close to taking it for a huge gain so I expect this year he will greatly help our return game. I don't think he will actually be much better than Royal at the return game but it gives us the opportunity to have Royal more in the passing game.

The first preseason game is hard to judge a rookie though. The game is coming at them so fast and with all of the nerves they are bound to make some mistakes. Defensively he looked a little lost but I expect all of the talk from practice of how good he has looked will begin to show through the more he gets into game situations.

Comment

He was beaten by their big TE Gresham on two occasions if I recall correctly. I don't know if It was a speed thing or what, but that man is huge and definitely got the long strides on him. The fumble was a fluke. Catching punts isn't any different in the NFL than it is in college. Just jitters. I thought he looked fine in his action otherwise.

Comment

I want to see more of him on ST in this preseason. I thought he was OK and as mentioned he's getting a feel of the big league. He suffered from a couple of breakdowns on the second unit front line so his not stellar performance is hard to judge already.

Next 3 weeks will give him the opportunity to shake it off and prove if he deserves a roster spot.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                        He was beaten by their big TE Gresham on two occasions if I recall correctly. I don't know if It was a speed thing or what, but that man is huge and definitely got the long strides on him. The fumble was a fluke. Catching punts isn't any different in the NFL than it is in college. Just jitters. I thought he looked fine in his action otherwise.
                        it was probably cox being around 6 inches shorter then gresham
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                          I want to see more of him on ST in this preseason. I thought he was OK and as mentioned he's getting a feel of the big league. He suffered from a couple of breakdowns on the second unit front line so his not stellar performance is hard to judge already.

Next 3 weeks will give him the opportunity to shake it off and prove if he deserves a roster spot.
                          He really only got one (maybe two?) good shots at returns, and even then he never started with a whole lot of field to try and cross the other direction.

I want him to get plenty of opportunities, but I also would like to see Cassius Vaugn (such a cool name) get a few more cracks. I'd never heard of him before, but I can definitely say that he is pretty dang fast, nice acceleration, something we've lacked recently.:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                            He really only got one (maybe two?) good shots at returns, and even then he never started with a whole lot of field to try and cross the other direction.

I want him to get plenty of opportunities, but I also would like to see Cassius Vaugn (such a cool name) get a few more cracks. I'd never heard of him before, but I can definitely say that he is pretty dang fast, nice acceleration, something we've lacked recently.:thumb:
                            With ST a big part of the game, I would like to see Vaugn get a couple of more shots but let's face it. He's one fighting for a spot more so than Cox.

Our ST problem isn't so much the return guy it's the blocking and lead dudes that need to learn and deploy their roles on returns.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Cassis vaughn impressed me, but he wont make the roster unless cox or Smith is cut. i hope he finds his way to the PS

i have been impressed by the pics of JMD,

DJ johnson
                              Tony Carter
                              Cassis vaughn

all have been impressive UDFA CB

Cox will make the team and next year he will spilt time with goodman as a starter, you've got to give CB time to adjust. it is one of the most dificult switches in the nfl from college
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X