This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by on2 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there were 3 4th quater come back wins last year. Dallas, NE, CIN.
    In Cinci he almost cost us the game by taking a sack that took us out of feild goal range which would have made it a 2 score win and in all likely hood sealed the game for us and he got a chewin from Josh over it. He then through a pass that was completed to stokely only because the Safety did not hold his position and we got one of the luckiest bounces in football

In Dallas that was more Brandon Marshall making althletic plays to catch underthrown balls and out maneuver the Defense for TDs

The only one at all that could actually be credited to Orton's play would be NE
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by DishWater View Post
      Good for the Chiefs. I'm glad they seem to be back on the rise.

Their fans are much cooler than SD or OAK fans...
      True that.....

Comment

• Originally posted by crabapplejoe View Post
        Denver Broncos Rush Yds Avg Lng TD FumL
        Laurence Maroney: 12 24 2.0 6 0 0
        Correll Buckhalter: 4 12 3.0 7 0 0
        Kyle Orton: 2 11 5.5 9 0 0

Peyton Hillis: 144 yards rushing; 6.5 ypc; 36 yards receiving; 1 touchdown; 48 long............LMuAO at McD's ability to evaluate talent.....and why is Eric Decker sitting on the bench?
        Im pretty sure the browns lost today ENOUGH WITH THE HILLIS CRAP
        sigpic
        photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by MightyHorse View Post
          Im pretty sure the browns lost today ENOUGH WITH THE HILLIS CRAP
          The Brown's loss certainly wasn't because of Hillis' 180 yards of offense...the Bronco's loss can be attributed to the fact we can't punch the ball in from the one yard line on four tries. And to think we let that kid sit on the bench for a whole year wasting his talents when it was obvious to anyone with a football mind that he could contribute heavily to the team...

Comment

• I am sorry but if people think that Kyle Orton can lead us to the playoffs you are sadly mistaken. 400 yards passing and only putting up 13 points is pathetic. Its pretty sad when you get into the redzone and have to put up 3 every time.

Kyle Orton and his lack of a killer instinct a QB must have in the NFL is holding back our offense. He just cant get the job done. Below .500 in his time here in Denver.

There is this guy named Jake Plummer who is light years ahead of Kyle Orton who won 75 percent of his games he started here. Took us to the playoffs every time he was here and an AFCCG.

The problem with this team lies in the starting QBs hands.

As far as I know McDaniels doesn't throw passes, he calls plays. Can't blame it on McD. Its a lack of production on the field.

Every receiver today had to go for balls to catch them. They were not in the numbers like number 18 was doing across the field.

If we want to win titles, it will not be with Orton. Someone else who can produce must step in.

GO BRONCOS!! I STILL LOVE YOU!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
            Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
            Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
            Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
            I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              Yeah, you're right. 3-10 in the last 13 games is great.

AGAIN. How often must I repeat it. Game close in the 4th quarter, having Kyle Orton as our QB is a liability. He's not just below average in the 4th quarter, he's awful.

Is it the play-calling? Lack of running game? No really. He was 4-14 in the red zone today. His throws and reads were HIGH SCHOOLISH. Terrbile.

I have no faith in Orton with the game on the line. RAISE YOUR HAND if you do.

I think ONE GAME since he's been here (NE) Orton proved to have it in the 4th quarter. Just go review the tape.... Look at our 4th quarter drives under Orton, especially those with the game close... I HAVE, and trust me.... the stats are ugly.

I would rather have Cassell, Rivers, even Gradowski in the 4th quarter. That's just our DIV.
              I'd agree he wasn't clutch in the redzone, but Cassel, you are joking, right.. We have NO running game because the OL can't block anyone, need balance.

He's not bottom 7 either..

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                I'd agree he wasn't clutch in the redzone, but Cassel, you are joking, right.. We have NO running game because the OL can't block anyone, need balance.

He's not bottom 7 either..
                You get the idea though and that's the point. Even Garrard realized we had 10 men on the field and made us pay for it. Indy is sitting there with 10 men, and we have the ball on the 1 and Orton is clueless. He's just not a finisher... a money performer.... clutch. Whatever it is he isn't it.

I dread having the game close come the 4th quarter. I hate knowing we have ZERO chance if we get the ball under 3 minutes in the 4th and need points.

Just look at that read Orton had. HE DID THE SAME THING against Jax. He noticed man coverage on Lloyd. It was 4th down. He decides to go that route again!

Do we blame the play call? Once again there were 2 WRs wide open on the right side. Orton goes away from the trips, and opts for the feel-gut-silent rad Jedi mind game with Lloyd. Only this time Lloyd is off and he runs a fade while Kyle throws a curl. WHAT!

He make poor reads when it matters most and is average at best in terms of accuracy when it matters most.

Even Sanchez has now gone 8 games w/out an INT.

5 red zone trips at home.... 21 plays or so.... and ZERO TDs is totally unacceptable.

Comment

• -Offensive line & others cannot get 6 hats on 6 hats on any running play

-Kyle Orton is almost too safe to win you a game

-Perrish Cox was destroyed by Peyton Manning, who could have had anyone in this thread converting 3rd downs against him

-No one I see speaks of this, but Dawkins was out of poisition on many of the Colts big 3rd down passes. Might be time to bench him on passing downs

-Pass rush still horrible. Though Ayers had a little spark on some plays, no one is a DOOM out there

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                    -Offensive line & others cannot get 6 hats on 6 hats on any running play

-Kyle Orton is almost too safe to win you a game

-Perrish Cox was destroyed by Peyton Manning, who could have had anyone in this thread converting 3rd downs against him

-No one I see speaks of this, but Dawkins was out of poisition on many of the Colts big 3rd down passes. Might be time to bench him on passing downs

-Pass rush still horrible. Though Ayers had a little spark on some plays, no one is a DOOM out there
                    Interesting comment on Dawkins.

I actually agree. I think it has become a John Lynch situation. There's a reason McBath received so many reps on 3rd and long...

I don't know what we do from here, but I see what you're getting at.

Comment

• How about Mc'Ds call to go on 4th and 2, when it was ovious Maur-moron can't turn it up field, late in tha game, when theres a auto 3. that was the game in my mind. McDanials blew this game. Period.. 2nd time in 3 games ..... poor game management. He Coaches like a Rookie.!!
                      Hope he does'nt ruin Tebow.!

Comment

• What really hurt is that fact that my father was also watching the new Bronco era for the first time. He neglected to watch the Broncos last year due to the fact he was spectacle of Josh McDaniels’ ability to coach a team and win. However, after the clash was over versus the Colts, all was good. He had some good things to say about the Broncos in a game he expected them to lose.

My opinion, I saw a good football team today. Our offense looks, well, more professional, sorry, that’s the best I can describe it. I loved our play action. Our defense played as well as you could ask of them, especially against a future hall of famer. But, five redzone trips and coming out with no touchdowns tells me we lack a solid running game.

I continue to ponder, what if Knowshon was in during that fourth and goal? Would it have been a touchdown? We’ll never know. I mean hey, victory was in our grasps and in my opinion, the Colts didn’t beat us, we just lost. Turn those redzone trips into touchdowns and we could have easily blown out the Colts.

But, we lost and we have a lot of good things to take from this game. Our team is selfless and will be a nightmare for the rest of the league.
                        Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

• I agree with every thing your saying. But, what kind of message are you sending to your Defense, after they are basically the only reason why your still in the game.
                          That brings me to the point about Mc'D. The running games struggle'n, you bring in a guy (Moron) who hasnt gotten the reps(thigh injury) and run 3 out 4 trys from the inside the 10, and THEN!! go for it on 4th with a run?? and too boot MORON... runs wide, instead of turning it up. POOR PLAY CALLING. they could have ran 2 QB sneaks and got 2 yards... Pleeease.
                          Mc'D did they same thing in the Jags Game. If you can get points... take 'em.
                          "You get what you can, especially when you don't have the personel to get you there".

Comment

• For the first time this season we got the Broncos as one of our TV live matches. From where I was watching, the simple facts are if a team has so many trips to the red zone, they simply MUST convert most if not all of them to have any chance of beating any opponent, much less an opponent of the Colts calibre.

Really frustrating viewing. So much of what the Broncos did was good - but with no punch at the end of good drives. I'm sure the Broncos team and staff are as frustrated as any fans, and will be working on this during training.

I thought we kept Manning and the Colts pretty quiet for much of the game, but sadly, it all comes back to missed opportunities...what might have been.

Still, from an upcoming Wembley perspective, the 49ers are 0-3. Long may that continue.

:thumb:
                            Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

Working...
                            X