This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
    It's the only way we can really gauge how these guys are doing. I'm not saying that the other two had a bad game, but Quinn was clearly the most poised and clutch of the three QB's today. He led our team to the only two td's. I'm very excited to see him rise to the occasion and really proved that he needs time with the 1's.
    Exactly, and if this is a true QB competition as EFX likes to publicize that it is. Then he needs to get his reps with the 1's because if he can be consistent like that, then he could truly be something special. He is one guy who has never even come close to his potential in this league

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Orton didn't do terrible, you can't be terrible playing 1 drive.

Plus the redzone issue was not his fault, he was not the dummy that called a pass play on 1st & goal on the 1 yard line.

Also Lloyd was out of bounds anyways.
    That drive was all on his Oline and RB's pushing the sticks. Once in the RZ is when he came in and although they shoulda run on 1st and goal he still had 3 pass attempts to get the TD from the RZ and failed as he does 90% of the time.
    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
    Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile303High View Post
      Nor did he have a 55 QB rating??
      the fact that you are trying to use the first preseason game QBR as some evaluation tool says this discussion is right over your head
      "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
        nobody can look sharp with a couple passes regardless of the situation. Orton did look better than Tebow in situations. I think Tebow should just be utilized in the Red Zone. Orton cannot cut it, but Tebow has mastery of it. On the other hand I think Orton should handle the 80 yards until the redzone.
        Yeah.. because Tebow did so well in the Redzone tonight...
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
          40 rushing yards
          37 passing yards

thats a heckuva start
          40 rushing yards now belong to Orton?
          When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

• We almost had it!
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

So Orton didnt find Decker ?
              Not only did he find Decker, he turned him to open space by placing the ball on his outside hip. Was a beautiful pass.

All three QBs played well, but I was more discouraged with the time Tebow took to get away from the snap and also get the ball to the RBs. Ol was a factor, but Orton delivers the ball from C to RB much faster. That too factored in to how well we ran the ball.

Quinn looked deadly accurate tonight and lost a couple completions due to bad TE plays.
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Lets talk some D my brothers and sisters.

They were actually quite aggressive and I dig it. Sure aggression gave up a huge play but, I also saw aggression stop a lot of drives.

Some of the aggression and non aggression was poorly timed. Execution on the big play was horrible, not one person picked up the RB coming out of the back field, not to mention it was a house blitz on an early down, first or second down I think.

Over all though, I think IF the aggression is finely tuned, mostly with correct timing, it will do great things for us. I'm talking like, just wall up on early running downs and penetrate on later passing downs. We became weak minded bend but don't break D in the Red zone when we could have been more aggressive.

Great to see M. Thomas and Bunkley starting at DT, could they have played better, maybe but I wouldn't say they played horrible. I seen M. Thomas pushing his way into the backfield and or at a minimal holding his spot, he didn't get pushed back or manhandled in the slightest. Some more time and practice / study and I can see the DT improving a lot, there was some whole for the Cows to run through but for the most part I thought the DT held their ground.

Hunter was a penetrating beast, we got after their QB quite a bit, maybe not a ton of sacks but, definitely got a lot of pressure, I've seen QBs have like 7 sec in the pocket on wayyyy too many occasions, so this was an improvement. Did our $16 million man The Doomster even play, we should have got him at least one snap, is he injured or something?

The S's even the 3rd and 4th string guys played real well. Our CB did pretty darn good too, for the most Part. Our LBers seemed non existent at times and where was Doom.

For being so early in the training part of the first year rebuild I'm a little excited in the D, definitely needs more practice / study but, hey we were aggressive for the most part just need more fine tunning with, play calling as in timing and picking up assignment from players, for what I seen.

What you guys think of the D or is Orton and Tebow going to play Offense and Defense?

Lets remember, we are rebuilbing, young on D, it was just the first preseason game and with new coaches, not to mention short off season.
                I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Who said the coaching staff was looking for a passing td from Orton in that instance ?

I saw him pick up a 3rd and long with a nice pass to Decker and show some mobility after being flushed outside and found Moreno for a nice 8 yard pass as well.

Again the typical over reaction from the haters filled with outrageous negative assumptions about even the simplest of things like the first drive of the preseason .

The coach called him sharp which means you dont have a clue as to what the goal was when they got down there but the coach does and he thought he was sharp .
                  Kinda sounds like a whole lot more orton excuses just like the same ones we have heard since you orton homers have arrived day 1. He flat out doesnt get it done in clutch situations.

I agree orton shouldnt have been passing the ball on 1st and goal on the 1 but that doesnt really help your stance on him being good in the redzone, since if a rb got it in it wouldnt have meant orton was any better in the redzone anyway.

Orton has choked on 3rd down and in the redzone ever since he stepped foot in denver and im tired of it. He could be a good option at qb on a team that doesnt need someone great back there. As thats all hes good at, not making mistakes and helping the offense.

However he never has been and probably never will be the type of qb that can make those miracle plays in the closing minute of a game during a playoff game. If we had a great defense and running game to control a game and we could just let orton be orton and throw the ball 20 times a game where he doesnt need to be "the guy" then I wouldnt mind him, however with this team I think we do need a good qb. Which clearly isnt number 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                    You are probably right. Orton missed those on purpose obv
                    I didnt say he missed those on purpose I said it was part of the evaluation if we score great but it was far more important to get those on tape for future study . But thats just what most teams who are installing offense do in the first game but hey if scored obviously it means he is a stud and is going to the pro bowl because the first preseason game is really about the score and stats lol
                    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Comment

• (A long Orton drive ending in a field goal. It’s like Josh McDaniels never left.) Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 11, 2011
                      Nuff said

McD I don't think was the problem as much as I think it's McCoy that messed up the RZ play calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                        Yeah.. because Tebow did so well in the Redzone tonight...
                        the coaches are handcuffing him by telling him don't run look for a target and make the read first. When they finally call a play to allow Tebow to do his thing he scores on a scramble in the red zone but it's negated by a hold that would've made no difference on the play. The guy holding didn't even have to because Tim is already by the defender, it was a really stupid penalty on the lineman that negated the TD.
                        Last edited by Buckin' Bronco; 08-11-2011, 10:27 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by wayninja View Post
                          40 rushing yards now belong to Orton?
                          no the starting offense which the goal is to make less one dimensional so

40 rushing and 37 passing equal a nice start to balancing out the offense

Comment

• tracking w/l totals in preseason is beyond stupid, and i mean no offense by this comment towards you

the only thing you should track in preseason is how players perform overall, not final scores, and if players remain healthy

it's only for player evaluation......
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
                              the coaches are handcuffing him by telling him don't run look for a target and make the rate first. When they finally call a play to allow Tebow to do his thing he scores on a scramble in the red zone but it's negated by a hold that would've made no difference on the play. The guy holding didn't even have to because TiVo is already by the defendant, it was a really stupid penalty on the lineman that negated the TD.
                              I think this is sarcastic... I hope so at least.
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

40 rushing yards
                                37 passing yards

thats a heckuva start
                                Orton had a good game but whats the point in writing about how many yards we rushed for? He didn't do anything but hand the ball off. Just proves the first team o-line played good finally. If anything the best thing he did all night was showing he could move in and outside the pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X