This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cardoso View Post
    maybe the coaching staff intentionally threw in the redzone to see if orton can get it done, even in preseason........Yup same ol orton 3 imcomplete passes in the redzone. Orton did not look sharp today anyone who disagrees.....well we'll just lol
    like Fox who disagrees with you and he actually knows what the intent of the playcalling was

kinda makes you say hmmm.
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Besides the red zone, Orton did look sharp, throwing and running the offense. And besides, Quinn was the only one to put up a touchdown. People need to calm down with their blind Orton hate.

Comment

• They showed Orton 3 failed attempts, on 2 of them a good running QB could have scored, but Orton didn't even fake it to help the recievers get open, same ol same ol.

Tebow looked like a flustered high school Qb out there, someone make him a FB please.

Qwinn looked great on 3rd string and deserves a shot.
        sigpic
        I Adopt #77 well damn!
        Milla Da QB Killa' #77
        Fox Rocks #77

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
          I think this is sarcastic... I hope so at least.
          nope truth, it is what happened.
          sigpic

Comment

• I am not a Tebow homer, but I felt with the odds against him he put up a better performance than I expected. I think all the training camp debbie downers did not help this situation.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
              no the starting offense which the goal is to make less one dimensional so

40 rushing and 37 passing equal a nice start to balancing out the offense
              I still don't understand how you used the rushing yards to say Orton had a 'heckuva' start. He had 37 yards on 2 completions and 4 incompletions, 3 of them in the red zone. Not sure on what planet that's a 'heckuva start'.

It's not even really passable. If this is what the Fox era of the Broncos looks like with Orton at the helm, we will be re-vamping offense like we did Defense in 2012.
              When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

• i wouldn't have known by stats alone, but the pft article shed some light on how he played

looked like it was some good some bad, overall solid
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                  This is the most important part I think. If Quinn had a 1st string O, and stayed poised like he was tonight with the running game that Orton had with the first string O....I think we'd have blown it up.

At least today, time will tell if he can keep that momentum, but he made a hell of a case for himself tonight
                  I remember a few years back when Quinn was starting for the Browns. He would catch fire at times, definitely gave you hope. I don't know for sure but either he didn't get enough commitment from the Browns or he was just that, hot and cold at times. Either way, I was happy to see him play well. IMO, Tebow and Quinn should split reps with the 2's and 3's, they could both use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenBroFan22 View Post
                    Besides the red zone, Orton did look sharp, throwing and running the offense. And besides, Quinn was the only one to put up a touchdown. People need to calm down with their blind Orton hate.
                    Wth, was I the only person who watched the very first play?

Comment

• His YPA was pretty high (13 yards). It's an indicator that he's throwing it down the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Incomplete84 View Post
                        If that is the weakest part of his game, he needs to showcase that he can do it. I don't think anyone questions his deep ball but it has been said around here more than once, this isn't Madden, he has to show he can play like a real NFL QB. More power to him IMO.
                        I thought a lot of people question his deep ball. It is wobbly and he has a terrible time hitting out routes as he has a tendancy to underthrow and risk INT's to the DB
                        sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                        Sig by: MHS

Comment

• I would love Fox to come out next game and have the following lineup:

Starter - Quinn
                          2nd - Orton
                          3rd - Tebow

Why you ask, because I want to see how they react. Quinn showed me something earlier this year when asked a question and responded about ask him a football question or quit wasting my time. I think he has finally gotten some attitude. Orton on the other hand, just expects to be the starter. He does just enough to look good enough to keep it and unless Brady or Tim play lights out for a few games. I finally see that right now. He just wants to be the best QB on the team instead the best QB he could try to be.

I would love to see Quinn start a game though. He may turn a corner and never look back. I see no problem grooming Tim another year as needed. He is too inconsistent. He makes some great throws and plays and the others he looks like he's in total disarray. Ya folks, I want to see more on Quinn and give him a start. See if that lights up the other guy's asses some. You can tell alot about each guy if you change their circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                            I'm doing you a favor here -- there is no greater Tebow homer than me. I watched the game. If you didn't get a chance to see it for yourself, you need to know this from someone who's not trying to bring Tebow down:

1. Tebow put up a great stat-line, but he looked the sketchiest, the shakiest of all three quarterbacks.

2. He was getting poor protection. This is a problem. No time.

3. Didn't look like a lot was open. Tebow doesn't like to force the ball. He's very protective of it usually. So it made him look kind of hesitant back there. I don't know -- it's like they've hobbled him.

4. He had one interception that was called back. The main thing about it is he got blown up and hit as he threw it. But he should not have pulled the trigger. He did not have time to get it off. The ball tumbled end-over-end into a defender's arms. (Pass interference nullified the INT).

5. He had one BEAUTIFUL 43 yard completion to Matt Willis.

6. He had one CLUTCH 3rd down throw to Anderson. Looked good.

7. He threw only one "what was that!" type throw -- at the feet of a receiver out so his left. His bad ones are always short throws to the sides of the field.

8. There was on hilarious play where Tebow scrambled round forever, over the line of scrimmage, then back, then back over, then he threw the ball. 3 penalties on Denver, all declined.

9. Broncos had the ball on the 6, Tebow breezed in for the TD. But called back for holding.

Most importantly -- Quinn looked the best of the night. No lie.
                            forget about elway...tebow sounds like fran tarkenton lol
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                              His YPA was pretty high (13 yards). It's an indicator that he's throwing it down the field.
                              I think he still has a habit of wanting to tuck and run to quickly and not letting the play develop. I think part of that is he needs to learn how to go through progressions faster.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
                                you sound very bitter and like you would say anything as long as it is negative about Orton .

You seem to be stuck in the past just like a couple of more posters around always bring up stuff that has no bearing in what went on today .

Did Orton not hit Decker for a 3rd and long completion ? Did he not roll out away from pressure and hit Knowshon ?

Some of you wont even admit that he did anything you focused on the negative even before the game started and nothings change.
                                First of all dude. He threw two nice passes. Two passes that ANY qb could have made. Any. And it wasn't a 3rd an long it was a 3rd and six lmao. He did nothing tonight. I really wish he would show me something. But he hasn't. And he doesn't. He's an average qb.

Comment

Working...
                                X