This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rocks View Post
    To be fair, Orton's "best play" according to ESPN was thrown behind Decker.
    I have watched this play 6 times and it is definitive as to why Orton is the starter and Tebow is not.

Orton throws behind Decker... intentionally. Away from the coverage and puts Decker in a position to get yards after the catch. Of course the commentators don't see this or comment on it. They just want to make excuses for Dallas.

Just for the record I am more Tebow leaning than Orton but the truth must be told.

sigpic
    \

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
      tracking w/l totals in preseason is beyond stupid, and i mean no offense by this comment towards you

the only thing you should track in preseason is how players perform overall, not final scores, and if players remain healthy

it's only for player evaluation......
      Davey's right. Say what you want about their team, but our Charger members are pretty savvy.

Comment

• no1 cares about preseason…as said before, most of those 2nd half players we saw and will continue to see will be cut for before the regular season…
        lets not forget the Lions went 4-0 in preseason the SAME season they went 0-16 in the reg season…DONT count wins and losses in preseason plain and simple

Comment

• Nice hit! Thanks for pointing that out, Al.

Can't wait to see the whole game tonight.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post

Still, it will fill these boards with pointless bickering until the Bengals roll into town a week from Sunday.

So, we've got that going for us, which is nice...

Why would the Bengals be rolling into town a week from Sunday?

Next SATURDAY we play the BILLS then the next SATURDAY we play the SEAHAWKS.

Not sure how any of the equates to playing the Bengals on a Sunday?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
              Anyone have any word on this one yet? I checked ESPN but they don't exactly update their stats rapidly.

I don't even see a section for TQBR - so even if they had updated it might not be there.
              ESPN was pushing the new QBR hard makes you wonder why they don't seem to want to use it...

Comment

• Kickoff Returns & The New 35 Yard Line Rule

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that this new 35 yard line kickoff rule has utterly ruined a a major contributing factor to football's excitement?

I can go with the team not lining up 15 yards back, but the lack of run backs last night was just mindless boredom.

Was this something that players wanted in the new CBA or the NFL?

GO BRONCOS

Comment

• 11. FULL PRICED TICKETS that they force season ticket holders to buy as part of their package.

:brick:

Comment

• I think he should be in the #2 squad. He seems more comfortable on DE than his old position as OLB.

I don't get Harvey, though. He looked like he was running at about a 75% effort. Hopefully he'll pick it up in the next game.

Comment

• Nobody expects Tebow to challenge Orton yet. I don't think he will this year unless Orton implodes. He suffered from the lockout and has some catching up to do. No big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        As long as McCoy is committed to the run, I give a crap.
                        His playcalling last year had me pulling out my hair. Just like last night. Running up the middle on 3rd and 18? Yeah, that's McCoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by denver9ers View Post
                          Now you're just trollin'
                          Oh your one of the guys that don't like a person to have a different opinion then the one you have so you say he/she is "trollin" Sorry but been here long enough to learn that type of personality I disagree with your opinion and you with mine but no need to start putting down each other.

Comment

• Overreaction. It drives me crazy. Dallas fans commenting about the game seemed like they thought they were in superbowl contention because their third stringers beat our third stringers in a two point conversion that probably wouldn't have been called if it has been a regular game. -_-

Comment

• 104.3 Game Recap

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/t...spx?ID=1519011

Interesting play by play analysis of last nights game. Too much text for one post so I'll break it up.
                              jetdrumz
                              Bench Warmer
                              Last edited by jetdrumz; 08-12-2011, 12:28 PM.
                              Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                              You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• Broncos v Cowboys DMac Game Notes
                                Pre Season Game 1 8/11/11

8/12/2011

This is how I keep track of the Broncos Games. First, I watch the ball live and somewhat enjoy the action. Then I go back, usually a day later on my DVR
                                and really break it down. This especially helps with line play. Enjoy

1st Broncos pre-season game

@ Dallas - August 11, 2011

6:30 kick

Storylines - QB's, Dline, running backs

Can the Broncos horrific D improve and can the O line protect Orton and run
                                block?

1st Q

Cowboys kickoff - new set up looks weird. Kick goes into endzone - cassius
                                Vaughn and lance ball on return - touch back - orton at his 20

Broncos 1

1 1-10 from 20 - blloyd and Decker out wide - eddie royal out - zone blocking
                                cowboys don't bite pass to blloyd batted down - lousy call

2 2-10 from 20 - 27 for 4 - larsen in to block to the right side not bad

3 3-6 from 24 - shotgun decker, davis, thomas, blloyd - goes to decker up middle
                                on dallas blitz for 29 yds - good blitz protection pickup - nice call

4 1-10 from 47 - hits moreno on check down had to scramble a little - good
                                protection - nice gain

5 2-3 from 44 - handoff to 27 - cutback - 1st down - note - davis looks as if he
                                has a heads up for spot #4 - richard quinn is in big big trouble to make team.
                                Fells looks huge out there

6 1-10 from 33 - mcgahee in goes for 6 up middle - KUPER destroyed his man on
                                the 2nd level - really good push

7 2-4 from 28 - 23 long run cuts back to left - got a little lucky becaus j
                                thomas really slow to block end but he got WAY up field - good for 23 - 11 yd
                                gain to 17

8 1-10.from 17 - FANTASTIC run by 27! - spun at point of impact and got 7

9 2-3 from 7- wow! HUGE push by oline! HUGE, 27 for a first down to the three

10 1-goal from 3 23 stopped 4 yds behind line - Franklin Very slow off the line
                                didn't cut spears looked like he didn't know the count - ouch - flag - against
                                the cowboys they didn't make it clear what it was for - ball goes to the 2!

11 1-goal from 2 - orton makes an audible!!!! Horrible call but I think orton
                                changed the play! Pass was off. Blloyd was kind of open on a corner fade - what
                                was orton seeing? NOT a good choice

12 2-goal from 2 - flag - illegal man in huddle - ugh - that is a terrible pen!
                                Backs em up. Blloyd didn't get out of the huddle as the broncos brought their
                                biggies in - that is rust

12 2-goal from 7 - shotgun - 5 wides I 84, 87, 17, 80 n 86 - cowboys only bring
                                3 but orton has to scramble - hits lloyd but he's WAY out of the dzone - why so
                                far out of bounds?

13 3-goal from 7 - orton rolls right throws incomplete - had orton stayed in
                                pocket wouldve had WAY mor time - only had to get away from one big guy - this
                                is whe people question Orton's heart - however he doesn't throw pick very very
                                typical orton drive from last year and that is worrisome - got themselves in
                                trouble when orton audibled out of a running play to throw the fade - I'll be
                                very surprised if mccoy didn't call a run play on that one

14 - FG from 24 - 3-0 Broncos 9:09

Broncos kickoff - TB

Cowboys 1

1 1-10 from 20 - broncos D - woodyard in for DJ - vmiller on the line - mays in
                                middle with ayers, bunley and m thomas - gain of one on run tackle by mays

2 2-9 from 21 - pass - caught by fb gronkowski (yep the brother) - big gain 1st
                                down I thin miller got messed up in coverage

3 1-10 - from 32 - comp pass in front of 59

4 1-10 from 37 - jones runs through mays and miller - poor tackling - moore
                                misses as well

5 1-10 from. 45 - handoff to jones up middle - 77 and 79 get blown up 59 blasted
                                not great

6 2-6 from 40 - screen to jones gain of 16 - tackle by woodyard

7 1-10 from 24 - ty warren in game for the first time with thomas stuff run

8 2-10 from 24 - romo shotgun - incomp

9 3-10 from 24 - blitz - good pressure - incomp

10 - 42 yd fg

3-3 4:11

Cowboys kick - vaughn 5 yds deep takes it out 13 yds - ugh ,ot a grt return for
                                sure

Broncos 2

1 1-10 from 13 - Tebow in game - oline - taylor, daniels, ramirez, hochstein,
                                clark. Ball dropped for big loss julius thomas slow off the snap and totally
                                missed the end - ugly - it was a corner blitz too and britt davis couldn't get
                                to the corner

2 2-12 from 11 - screen from shotgun - high pass but caught by anderson for 13
                                yds and first down - nice throw around the end had to sidearm it

3 1-10 from 25 - shotgun - tebow keeper for a couple - hochstein pulled nothing
                                there

4 2-7 from 28 - hand off to ball - ramirez stood up nothing there

5 3-7 from 28 - shotgun - ramirez and daniels can't stop rush up the middle -
                                tebow throws as he's hit - its a duck that's picked off - nowhere close to a
                                completion - however tebow gets luck and pass int is called

6 1-10 from 40 - double te, larsen, one wide - handoff to lendale for three to
                                the left side - so so push

7 2-7 from 43 - bad snap but tebow holds onto the ball - julius thomas TOTALLY
                                whiffs on his block on right side (tt's blind side) and tebow gets creamed - it
                                was play action. Tt actually made the first guy miss but got plowed from rush up
                                the middle - stanley daniels couldn't hold his man

8 3-18 - draw to 23 - give up play - end of first q - whew, tebow not exactly
                                given a lot to work with - depth at offensive line is horrible -

3-3

2nd q

9 punt - from 35 - to 15 - Cox first down make a terrific play - flag - grabbing
                                the facemask - mayo - 15 yd pen - a guy NOT making team

10 - Punt - from 20 - to 33 good kick taken down by haggan - flags - PF low
                                block 15 yds after kick back to 18 so almost exactly where the original play was
                                going to be

Cowboys 2

1 1-10 from 18 - kitna in - ball caught in front of moore for first down - von
                                miller almost got there - shook off block very quick

2 1-10 from 30 - the entire d comes off replaced by 2nd team - harvey, jarmon,
                                warren, haggan, vickerson, kelley, robinson - run stuffed

3 2-9 from 31 - timeout - the huge scoreboard goes dark - shotgun - flags -
                                encroachment vickerson - 2-4 from 35 - no pass rush but pass overthrown vaughn
                                on coverage

4 3-4 from 35 - shotgun - broncos come with a blitz, but get caught -
                                encroachment - first down - stupid mistake - harvey

4 1-10 from 42 - quick throw comp - tackle mccarthy - blitz but no real pressure
                                - kitna very solid

5 2-1 from 49 - run stuffed by vickerson and kelley for a loss of 2

6 3-3 from 49 - shotgun - pass comp nice play by mccarthy short of first down

7 Punt - anderson back - fair catch at 10

Broncos 3

Tebow still in

1 1-10 from 10 - lance ball with 4 after looking like it was nothing

2 2-6 from 14 - play action grt blocking HUGE play to willis terrific throw
                                right down middle - 46 yd gain - pass was slightly behind willis if he led him
                                wouldve been a TD

3 1-10 from 43 - screen to ball big pickup - 13 yds

4 1-10 from 30 - handoff to 25 - nothing stuffed r side - hochstein simply
                                terrible

5 2-10 from 30 - draw to 25 - for 5

6 3-5 from 25 - shotgun - tebow takes off after not seeing first read def needs
                                more patience - short of first down - flag illegal shift

7 3-10 from 31 - tebow quick throw to willis but was low and behind - 5 yd gain

8 42 yd fg

6-3 broncos - so inconsistent drive by TT - terrific bomb to willis but some
                                shaky decisions and low throw - not bad not great.

Kickoff - touchback - prater solid

Cowboys 3 6:59

1 1-10 from 20 - play action qb roll mcgee big gain then vaughn hits him out of
                                bounds flag for another 15

2 1-10 from 42 - draw for 1 -

3 2-9 from 43 - run for 5 over r side

4 3-4 from 47 - shot - mccarthy sacks qb on blitz - untouched

Punt - ball out of bounds at 13

Broncos 4 4:33

1 1-10 from 13 - handoff to ball dances to much - daniels not good - no gain

2 2-9 from 14 - ball for 2 l side

3 3-7 from 16 - nice hard throw to david anderson for 8 - got popped - tebow
                                took a shot too - very very solid 3rd down throw

4 1-10 from 27 - ball for 2 -

5 2-8 from 29 - broncos let the clock go down to 2 min warning - tebow to throw
                                nothing moves to his right throws it away and takes a shot - flag - holding 25

6 2-19 from 18 - hand off to ball - cowboys call to

7 3-17 - from 20 - shotgun - didn't see davis or willis wide open tt tucks and
                                runs - short - just doesn't pick up other reads

Punt - 40 yds - virgil green and mayo on coverage

Cowboys 4 1:19

1 1-10 from 21 - pass comp for 8 - TO

2 2-2 from 29 - shot pass knocked down by vickerson

3 3-2 from 29 - shot - pass picked off by cox - thrown right at him - takes it
                                to 6 - terrible throw

Broncos 5 1:00

1 1 - goal from 7 shot - tebow keeper - perfect bounces left for a td - great
                                looking play - flag - holding clark - yea that helped mightily to free tebow

2 1-goal from 17 - play action - low pass to davis - shouldve been complete
                                plenty of time

3 2-goal from 17 - shot - draw to ball - yech - 2 yds - to den

4 3-goal - from 15 - lol WILD play - tt runs around crazy finally throws to
                                davis - 3 penalties - again needs to be more patient - freaks out too quickly
                                trying to make it happen but that play was insane - holding men down field over
                                line of scrimmage throw - fox tussles tebows head

5 26 yd fg

9-3 broncos with :23 to go

Kickoff - taken down at 34

Cowboys 5 :23

1 1-10 from 33 - take a knee - halftime
                                Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                                You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Working...
                                X