This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That rule absolutely sucks.

Though, it probably helps us since we seem to give up a TD or two on kickoffs per year.

Will help the defense starting at the 20 instead of the 35-midfield a lot of the time.

Comment

• This is a bad rule, it will change back in a year or two.

I heard Orton has filed a complaint, already, to the NFL, citing his garbage #'s will be "decreased" and it will "affect future contract negotiations".

Comment

• I am just waiting till the kickers learn to get more hight on the ball and start dropping it at the one so they can try to pin the return team inside the ten, because it seemed if the opposing team tried to return it they had to make people miss at the 10 yard line.

Bad rule change.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

• It has pretty much removed the kick return element from the game of football. If you think back to previous years there have always been at least a couple of big, exciting, game-changing plays on kick returns every season throughout the league. No more. The only way I could describe what the new rule change brings to the game is with use of an expletive, and I'm trying to save my next infraction-worthy comment for a situation where I really need it!
          sigpic
          - ★ -
          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

• Not really a fan of the rule. Takes alot of excitment out of the game. that anticipation from a kick off just doesnt seem like itll be there knowing itll almost always be a touch back.

Comment

• Its really a shame that Tebow refuses to play any position other than quarterback. He could be spectacular in the open field.

Hes a slightly smaller Todd Heap. Someone convince him to play tight end.

Comment

• Someone uploaded the play to YouTube

Comment

• I know the answer is probably "no", but do you think teams might try to take advantage of the closer field position and purposefully kick before the end zone? Now they have an extra 5 yards to get to the returner before the 20 yard line. I'd imagine teams will still rather go with the mantra of "safe than sorry" and kick to the end zone.

Comment

• Pet peeves:

McCoy running up the middle on 3rd and 18. Did that last year, it failed. Tank a hint, dude.

Comment

• Bump: Just think this guy deserves a look from bronco fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
                        Nobody expects Tebow to challenge Orton yet. I don't think he will this year unless Orton implodes. He suffered from the lockout and has some catching up to do. No big deal.
                        How long is it going to take him to catch up on the basics? 10 years? Is it only Tebow suffering from the lockout? Why is that? Because he lacks the fundamental skills that make an NFL QB an NFL QB?

Tebow's play style is simple..Look for the guy he's supposed to throw to, and if he doesn't seem him, RUN LIKE HELL! That's why the play calling is so bare bones basic. There was one of those last night when he could have thrown to a completely open Willis yet chose to run and gain a few yards. It IS a big deal. There is no comparison between the way he throws the ball and the way Orton AND Brady Quinn throw the ball.

We have a 1st round draft choice that is years in development and has nearly all the tools to become AT LEAST as good as Orton, if not better. And his name isn't Tim Tebow. Brady Quinn is a better investment in time and effort to bring to the #1 position than Tebow.

Comment

• I thought at first that the guy they spent 5 minutes attending to was the guy Willis laid out on that play.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• Tebow and Quinn with the first string...

Okay so I know that Orton "needs" the first team reps since he's starting. But what about in games 2-4 of preseason, we let the first string offense stay out on the field for one more drive with Quinn/Tebow?
                            Would that make sense to anyone? I think it would give us a chance to compare QBs more.

For the record, Im a Teboe supported bu will support the Broncos first, and if Orton's the guy, then go Orton. And as for Quinn, never liked him but impressed with last night.

Comment

• He looked really good. I pegged him as more of a scat back but he ran with some power last night and looked good. To me he's jumped to the 3rd RB in front of Ball.

Comment

• I just watched the Broncos at Cowboys: BTV Highlights on http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/index.html and it has the Lance Ball truck in it at 2:14 for those that are interested. You can only see the middle of the numbers up on the Cowboy player. Well, until you see his feet in the air.

Comment

Working...
                                X