This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not?

There's no reason not to, they both played well with their other cores, let's see if it carries over.

Comment

• Cliched Sayings, this one gets me:

"They picked up Harvey, the 8th pick overall who is considered a bust... but sometimes these guys need a change of scenery, or a fire lit under their butt.... plus, is is low risk high reward"

- Yes, it is low risk high reward. But how many low performers does a team want to bring in?

- Light a Fire under their Butt? At this level, if coachaes have to light fires, I wonder about th players amibtion and underlying work ethic.

- Change of scenery? It's football, perhaps you benefit from a 34-43 switch, but come on....
      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• 1. People who say "we'll see in preseason", but then as soon as things don't go their way, they say "well, it's just preseason".

2. Game tickets cost the same as regular season tickets, but shouldn't.

3. Vic and Gary are no longer calling the preseason games.

4. That they don't actually play to win the game. (case in point- no real effort at scoring before the end of the first half)

5. I don't know if there's some hidden agenda to WHY they're calling the plays they are (they want to see if a certain player can do x, etc)

6. Nobody ever starts the football pools until regular season.

7. It seems like every move is the result of some hidden agenda. Are they not wanting to show the league their "real" playbook?

8. None of our games are against division opponents.

9. I didn't get to see what the 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks could do behind the 1st string o-line, making it difficult to compare.

10. People think it's ridiculous if I'm disappointed in a loss.
        Proud to be a lifelong crazed woman and descendant of a Colorado "century family"! (My family has been here since at least 1840)

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishConrad View Post

Mathew Willis: Guy gets better, and better, and better. Anyone see the block he laid on the Tebow scramble? Knocked the safety out of the game. Cant keep this guy off the field. Playmaker....turning into an awesome WR.
          That hit is whats gonna get the coaches looking at Willis more.If he can hit more than the rest of the WRs on the team,he could push for a starting spot.I want to see Willis succeed,he is one of my favorites players on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
            Why not?

There's no reason not to, they both played well with their other cores, let's see if it carries over.
            Have Tebow and Quin rotate between game 2 & 3. Play them after Orton gets only 1 drive in the next 2 games. Then give both a quarter with the 1st team in the 4th game.
            Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

• It would be great if you could just pop a QB in there, but it can take weeks before a QB gets truly comfortable with the receivers and the line. Point is it wouldn't prove much either way without a true commitment to a given QB. I don't hate Orton, but I don't see him getting it done by himself on this team the way a QB sometimes needs to. I don't want a loosing season to win next year either, which is what we would haft to do to get Tebow ready. I think Qwinn is the best balance of the 3, but truly it's 50/50 he gets his rhythm down in time to keep anyone happy. It's a hard call any way you look at it.
              sigpic
              I Adopt #77 well damn!
              Milla Da QB Killa' #77
              Fox Rocks #77

Comment

• I don't wanna see it happen.Orton's trade value would fall if we sent a message out to the league Tebow and Quinn was practicing with the 1st team.I rather keep Kyle practicing with the 1st team offense.

It may come a time when another teams starting QB gets hurt and they desperately need a starting QB.
                Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 08-12-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quigs10 View Post
                  Simms never threw for 7 TD's and 0 INT's in just a 3 game span. Quinn has.

I've always been curious what Quinn could do in the NFL if actually given a shot for a season or more than 5 games straight like other young QB's have been given around the NFL. He's always got the shaft or short leash it seemed in Clev. with such a horrid team.

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
                  I don't think any Qwinn supporter feels he's the next comming either, but for me he seems to be a perfect middle between O Vs T, He can throw like Orton, and he can run pretty good too judging by his college days. He got kinda jerked around with the Browns, late start because of contract issues, broke finger late in the year, a ankle injury he could of played on if there was a point, but he wasn't the one who blew the season anyway. I'd like to see if he can read a 1st D, if he can't, fine go back to the O vs T arguing. If he can, let him and Tebow be the double punch everyone wanted before most lost faith in Orton.
                  Agreed. Quinn has never really been given a fair shot. I say give him a chance to see what he can do. If he proves he can be the guy, great. The team benefits from that. If he falters, so be it. At least he had a shot. I don't get people who don't want to give him a chance and yet they think Tebow should automatically get the starting job because he's Tebow. Competition is a good thing.

It does seem like Fox is letting Quinn compete with Tebow for the #2 role, and that's great. I hope he lets it play out over the preseason and gives both players ample time to prove themselves.

As far as Quinn beating out Orton, I don't know if Fox will consider that, but anything is possible. Right now Orton deserves to be the starter, but if Quinn were to outplay Orton I just hope Fox would look at that fairly.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Observations from my seat at the 1st preseason game

Hey all, I am not going to go into very much depth but I was at the game last night and a couple things stood out to me.

-I will support whichever QB of the 3 that the coaches decide to go with. Live they all seemed capable of good things. However, there is a definitive difference when Tebow is on the field. Everyone plays with a different step and pace.

-Joe Mays looked huge walking by as they came out for warm ups.

-There were 2 Orton jerseys in my section and over 50 Tebow. Don't know what that means in Dallas, just an observation. Every Cowboy fan before and after was very respectful and most were curious about Tebow.

-I did not have a great camera to work with so most of my pictures are from a great distance. I tried to video our first TD of the preseason as it was right in front of us but the 1st string offense, as we all know, kicked a field goal.

-Moreno and McGahee(sp) both ran hard and I am happy with them. I hope Jerimiah Johnson makes the team. Something about him looks legit.

Sorry no real in depth analysis just some good old fashion bronco's colored glasses observations going on here.

Even though we lost, the second half was exciting to see the guys just trying to make their mark on our team. I can't wait for the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM View Post
                      That had some shades of Eddie Mac in the 97 superbowl.
                      yeah first thing I thought of when I saw that hit was eddies block, Now if he had just stood over him an pointed his finger at him it would have been even better
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Quinn will get 2nd play next week, and Tebow 3rd string. Fox wants to see what they do..

1st team is going to be Ortons.. most of us may not like that direction, but we will have to deal with it... Unless the L's start showing up
                        I'm kind of like a big deal... sort of like a superhero.

Comment

• maybe they saw something last night that makes them want to see what Tim and Brady can do with the first string. Ortons a veteran and most likely already has rhythm with the starters (at least between the 20's) so practising with the 2cds wont hurt him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 86rocco View Post
                            Hey all, I am not going to go into very much depth but I was at the game last night and a couple things stood out to me.

-I will support whichever QB of the 3 that the coaches decide to go with. Live they all seemed capable of good things. However, there is a definitive difference when Tebow is on the field. Everyone plays with a different step and pace.
                            -Joe Mays looked huge walking by as they came out for warm ups.

-There were 2 Orton jerseys in my section and over 50 Tebow. Don't know what that means in Dallas, just an observation. Every Cowboy fan before and after was very respectful and most were curious about Tebow.

-I did not have a great camera to work with so most of my pictures are from a great distance. I tried to video our first TD of the preseason as it was right in front of us but the 1st string offense, as we all know, kicked a field goal.

-Moreno and McGahee(sp) both ran hard and I am happy with them. I hope Jerimiah Johnson makes the team. Something about him looks legit.

Sorry no real in depth analysis just some good old fashion bronco's colored glasses observations going on here.

Even though we lost, the second half was exciting to see the guys just trying to make their mark on our team. I can't wait for the regular season.
                            this is why I dont understand the "the team doesnt want Tebow" stuff ..why play with a better intensity if you dont want the guy?

Comment

• Tebow's drives

Drive 1

1-10-DEN 14
                              L.Ball up the middle to DEN 12 for -2 yards

2-12-DEN 12
                              T.Tebow pass short left to 89-D.Anderson to DEN 25 for 13 yards Screen pass.

1-10-DEN 25
                              T.Tebow up the middle to DEN 27 for 2 yards

2-8-DEN 27
                              L.Ball right guard to DEN 28 for 1 yard

3-7-DEN 28
                              PENALTY on DAL-37-B.McCann, Defensive Pass Interference, 12 yards, enforced at DEN 28 - No Play.

1-10-DEN 40
                              L.White left tackle to DEN 42 for 2 yards

2-8-DEN 42
                              T.Tebow sacked at DEN 32 for -10 yards

3-18-DEN 32
                              L.White up the middle to DEN 36 for 4 yards (57-V.Butler).

4-14
                              punt

1 1st down on a screen pass, 1 run for 2 yards, another 1st down due to PI, drive ends with a White run on 3-18. 22 yards gained.

Drive 2

1-10-DEN 10
                              L.Ball left guard to DEN 15 for 5 yards

2-5-DEN 15
                              15-T.Tebow pass deep middle to 12-M.Willis to DAL 42 for 43 yards

1-10-DAL 42
                              15-T.Tebow pass short left to 35-L.Ball pushed ob at DAL 30 for 12 yards Screen pass.

# 1-10-DAL 30
                              L.White right guard to DAL 29 for 1 yard

2-9-DAL 29
                              L.White up the middle to DAL 26 for 3 yards

3-6-DAL 26
                              (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow scrambles up the middle to DAL 21 for 5 yards PENALTY on DEN, Illegal Shift, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 26 - No Play.

# 3-11-DAL 31
                              (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short right to 12-M.Willis to DAL 24 for 7 yards

# 4-4-DAL 24
                              M.Prater 42 yard field goal is GOOD,

2 1st downs, 1 a screen, 1 a GO to Willis. Ran on 3rd down, no convertion then threw short on 3rd down to end the drive. 66 yard drive.

Drive 3

1-10-DEN 13
                              L.Ball right tackle to DEN 14 for 1 yard

2-9-DEN 14
                              L.Ball left tackle to DEN 17 for 3 yards

3-6-DEN 17
                              T.Tebow pass short right to 89-D.Anderson to DEN 27 for 10 yards Pass complete on a curl.

1-10-DEN 27
                              L.Ball right tackle to DEN 28 for 1 yard

# Two-Minute Warning

2-9-DEN 28
                              T.Tebow pass incomplete short right PENALTY on DEN-25-L.White, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at DEN 28 - No Play. Pass was thrown away out of the bounds.

2-19-DEN 18
                              L.Ball left tackle to DEN 21 for 3 yards

# Timeout #2 by DAL at 01:41.

3-16-DEN 21
                              T.Tebow scrambles left end to DEN 34 for 13 yards

# Timeout #3 by DAL at 01:30.\

# 4-3-DEN 34
                              punts

1 1st down on a curl, drive ends on a 3rd down run not converted. 23 yard drive

Drive 4

1-7-DAL 7
                              (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow left end for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on DEN-75-C.Clark, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 7 - No Play.

# 1-17-DAL 17
                              T.Tebow pass incomplete short left to 17-B.Davis.

2-17-DAL 17
                              35-L.Ball left tackle to DAL 14 for 3 yards

# Timeout #2 by DEN at 00:43.

# 3-14-DAL 14
                              (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short right to 17-B.Davis pushed ob at DAL 8 for 6 yards (37-B.McCann). Penalty on DEN-80-J.Thomas, Illegal Block Above the Waist, declined. Penalty on DEN-15-T.Tebow, Illegal Forward Pass, declined. Penalty on DEN-65-M.Ramirez, Illegal Receiver Pass, declined.

4-8-DAL 8
                              5-M.Prater 26 yard field goal is GOOD

TD run called back due to holding. May not have made the TD without the hold. Drive ends on 3rd down run not converted. 9 yard drive.

This to me does not look like a solid outing. 3 of his 4 drives ended due to Tebow running the ball and not converting on 3rd down, and throwing short after a penalty after a 3rd down run, which means poor judgment, imo. He threw for 4 1st downs, 2 of them screens. He did have the TD run called back but without the hold, he may not have made it in since it was the LT holding and he ran to the left. He wouldn't have even been in the redzone if it wasn't for the Cox INT. His drives were 22, 66, 23, and 9 yards so beside the big pass to Willis for 43 yards, he could only move the team 23 yards on a drive. He made a couple nice plays but to say he had a solid outing is a little unrealistic.
                              Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-12-2011, 01:03 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
                                this is why I dont understand the "the team doesnt want Tebow" stuff ..why play with a better intensity if you dont want the guy?
                                I don't think it's that they want him. I think Tebow brings a crackle in the air that makes everything seem more intense. I think everybody plays with more energy, on both sides of the ball.

I can't explain it.

Comment

Working...
                                X